Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i can still taste him posted:

Looks good to me, but I am no pro. Did you get any feedback on this one? May start with this.

Edit: Looks like mana would be an issue, or no cuz warlord's mark? Hrm, would pathing to Blood magic and getting Mortal Conviction to run Pride work?

Haven't seen any feeback yet. Warlord's mark should handle mana just fine. It's seeming like precision might be a good reservation linked to blood magic support. My guess is if you wanted to run Blood Magic/Mortal Convicton keystones it would work decently well, too.

Seems like Close Combat support would be a good 5L, and brutality as a 6L? Or in some other order, maybe. Definitely not brutality if the sword ends up being Oro's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is it purely random or does it have the chance to trigger the same one consecutively? Plus any element damage added through gear will gently caress it up, not really worth it unless you trigger it through the artifice.

I mean it's moot anyways you are using all the heralds

yeah if you're not elementalist and if it really does alternate, EE is a good choice, just stack phys and let the conversion sort it out

I forgot about elementalists heralds thing since I've not played her since Incursion

Truga posted:

Upon further research, wild stirke with EE is a really bad idea because it also converts attack damage to element which I completely overlooked, and the secondary effect will thus always hit into resistance.

hold on wait what now, piss

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

TheRat posted:

The way I'm doing it, maim is linked to flesh & stone, and if you have maim in your main setup it will get overwritten by the stronger maim from the arua setup. In order of importance I'd probably rate my setup like this from best to worst Cyclone > Pulverise > Fortify > Infused Channeling > Brutality > Melee Phys. There's obviously a fair bit of subjective feeling behind that order though.

Going Cleave DW Berserker, and its pretty neat that you get Fortify (gem) and Maim (F&S).
I'm thinking Cleave - Pulverise - Brutality - Melee Phys as the base, adding Rage / Multistrike / Impale / x.
I need to read up on the specifics of the last gems and try them in PoB.
Going DW with huge attackspeed should favour flat heavily, so I expect some changes when I run the numbers.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

For fast DW, I suspect rage and impale are really big

E: And do keep in mind my aura setup reserves like 98% of your mana so you need a very low mana cost to be able to use it.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

TheRat posted:

For fast DW, I suspect rage and impale are really big

E: And do keep in mind my aura setup reserves like 98% of your mana so you need a very low mana cost to be able to use it.

Yeah Rage looks like the winner for the flat addition.
I need to read up on Impale and how it works / should be supported by the tree.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

wow, rip Elementalist and Occultist.

Seems like this is great news... for Necromancer. :getin:

I sort of want a Herald skill similar to HoAg but geared towards traditional summoners instead of the physical damage/poison bent. It would also be cool to have more skills like Smite, I.e. an active skill meant to be used to support your minions but which is also useful on its own terms.

Im starting necro because even though the ascendancy or tree hasn't changed at all, there are a few new gear options that can lead to hilarious results. People are already theorizing zombie fart cloud builds, I'm planning a phantasm + cwc exploding skulls build but even if the gear is rare I can just switch to specters

I dont think it will be rare. Since a few of them are tied to league mechanics and are extremely niche, unless people start splashing it everywhere

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone have a Flicker Slayer setup they're comfortable with yet? Pathing for decent life is my main issue, because damage is really not going to be a huge concern.

A decent sized shield via Molten Shell seems the obvious choice, since I can hit 15k armour with basically no investment, but I haven't really given it enough thought yet.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AggressivelyStupid posted:

hold on wait what now, piss

Gem description: "Your melee weapon strikes an enemy, converting physical damage to a random element. Then, depending on the element chosen, it releases a fiery explosion, an arcing bolt of lightning, or an icy wave."

nerox
May 20, 2001
I'm really looking at dual-wield Gladiator Bladestorm with bleedsplosions and it seems no one else is talking about bladestorm. Should I just go Slayer Cyclone for my spinning needs? :ohdear:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im starting necro because even though the ascendancy or tree hasn't changed at all, there are a few new gear options that can lead to hilarious results. People are already theorizing zombie fart cloud builds, I'm planning a phantasm + cwc exploding skulls build but even if the gear is rare I can just switch to specters

I dont think it will be rare. Since a few of them are tied to league mechanics and are extremely niche, unless people start splashing it everywhere

I mean let’s be honest, I play necromancer because instead of killing the enemies myself I just fill the screen with dudes and laugh maniacally while they murder everything in an indistinguishable mass of fighting.

The only thing it’s missing is a good necromancer themed reaper scythe to run around with.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

nerox posted:

I'm really looking at dual-wield Gladiator Bladestorm with bleedsplosions and it seems no one else is talking about bladestorm. Should I just go Slayer Cyclone for my spinning needs? :ohdear:

It didn't stick out as particularly good to me even though I'm also going dw bleed glad. I'm figuring perforate into lacerate but it seems like a lot of skills will work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chain hook berserker might be the real deal. Hopefully you can just hold down right click and it will move you to enemies intelligently.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, those new zombie gloves have had me going since they teased them, I just want to know if and how things stack. Like if Detonate Dead plays well with Flesh Binder and Minion Instability then poo poo is super on.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im starting necro because even though the ascendancy or tree hasn't changed at all, there are a few new gear options that can lead to hilarious results. People are already theorizing zombie fart cloud builds,

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I love this loving game, every time they do a patch I spend the week before thinking of nothing but builds. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

nerox posted:

bladestorm will be good. I'm curious about the bonus movespeed during the sandstorms. do you need to be standing inside it? is it whenever one is active? do they move fast enough to help clear? even if any of these answers are not good, the rest of it will pretty good still

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Captain Foo posted:

Haven't seen any feeback yet. Warlord's mark should handle mana just fine. It's seeming like precision might be a good reservation linked to blood magic support. My guess is if you wanted to run Blood Magic/Mortal Convicton keystones it would work decently well, too.

Seems like Close Combat support would be a good 5L, and brutality as a 6L? Or in some other order, maybe. Definitely not brutality if the sword ends up being Oro's.

I hadn't considered blood magicing precision. That'd free up mana for another herald or banner.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will make four builds to start. Maybe all at the same time.
Berserker chain hook; gladiator double strike or one of the other new skills; chieftain tech slam; slayer phys cyclone

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Cynic Jester posted:

Please re-read Mortal Conviction.

Ah I see, the Precision aura will compete with the Pride aura for the Mortal Conviction non-Banner aura "slot". Rip my genius plan. And for a build with low Int, the flat 189 mana reservation from Precision will make a hefty chunk of your mana anyway, potentially more than an entire Herald.

But not taking Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction, and instead reserving Precision using a Blood Magic Support gem, could be a viable option instead. 371 flat life reservation isn't all that bad.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drat the math on impale makes it seem really drat amazing for bossing

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxf4vk/impale_is_actually_insane_now/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dance Officer posted:

I hadn't considered blood magicing precision. That'd free up mana for another herald or banner.

Blasphemy+WM: 35%
Pride: 50%
War Banner: 10%
Herald of Purity: 25%
Flesh and Stone: 25%

Maybe? Pride looks really good if you're not already killing things fast enough to take advantage of the ramp-up, but you are wasting the area bonuses (given that we're theory-crating flicker)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

queeb posted:

drat the math on impale makes it seem really drat amazing for bossing

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxf4vk/impale_is_actually_insane_now/

They really went all out for pure phys builds and its pretty cool. There are too many good support gems now

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Finally opened the 3.7 passive tree builder to figure out a witch storm brand build. I hadn't realized that templar has an ascendancy with two buffs to brands. The only question is whether they offset all the +eledmg and shock chance of witch elementalist. I'm not seeing the reason why people keep saying elementalist is dead.. it still seems pretty good.

e. I guess the reason is that Hierophant ascendancy blows elementalist out of the water. Arcane surge? eeyow

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 6, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ambaire posted:

Finally opened the 3.7 passive tree builder to figure out a witch storm brand build. I hadn't realized that templar has an ascendancy with two buffs to brands. The only question is whether they offset all the +eledmg and shock chance of witch elementalist. I'm not seeing the reason why people keep saying elementalist is dead.. it still seems pretty good.

hierophant is probably the worst way to play brands, honestly

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cyclone looks so god drat good, i know everyone will be playing it and shits going to be expensive but god drat

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

pride is 19% more and ramps up to 39% over 4 seconds. I can't imagine any other auras for a phys build that can give you that much damage for 50% reservation. sand/blood stance is 10% reserved for 15% more damage during sand blood , flesh and blood is 25% for some awesome defense or decent damage boost. I'm pretty sure that easily pushes it past hatred + herald of ash for clear and single target because you are not dealing with ele resists on uniques.

bleedsplosion glad is gonna slap.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 6, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zmej posted:

pride is 19% more and ramps up to 39% over 4 seconds. I can't imagine any other auras for a phys build that can give you that much damage for 50% reservation. sand/blood stance is 10% reserved for 15% more damage during sand , flesh and blood is 25% for some awesome defense or decent damage boost. I'm pretty sure that easily pushes it past hatred + herald of ash for clear and single target because you are not dealing with ele resists on uniques.

bleedsplosion glad is gonna slap.

hm, so maybe get 95% reservation with blasphemy WM + pride + war banner and hope to squeeze out enough mana to start leeching and then die to hexproof packs :v:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Yeah I was thinking about rocking an Earthquake build maybe... or just going frost blades champion and seeing if some of these new mana reservations end up stronger than hatred

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

queeb posted:

cyclone looks so god drat good, i know everyone will be playing it and shits going to be expensive but god drat

Yeah, I was planning to play occultist vortex/cold snap to farm disfavor or starforge for a Slayer, but then they killed occultist and now I don't know what to do..

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

They really went all out for pure phys builds and its pretty cool. There are too many good support gems now

I think it's pretty dumb. The extreme scaling for physical damage means that elemental conversion melee skills can't compare. The massive flat physical damage is gonna be the return of the dual wield meta because of the 32% more scaling. I'm just going to play a non-crit champion cycloner because I don't see a reason to get more damage.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mercrom posted:

I think it's pretty dumb. The extreme scaling for physical damage means that elemental conversion melee skills can't compare.

they had their time in the sun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wait does Rage count as a buff? because dual-wielding ichimonjis might be hilarious

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah, and working out how they'd interact with Charged Dash is giving me hives. The good sort of hives.

What I know I'm running off it for sure:

Charged Dash + Fortify + Physical To Lightning + Lightning Penetration + ????? + ?????

If I'm reading this correctly, Impale wouldn't do anything for me since I'm converting all my phys damage to lightning (50% from charged dash's native conversion and 50% from a phys-to-lightning support). Pulverize looks really interesting (though I don't particularly want anything that worsens my attack speed). Rage also looks really tempting, and I'm sure there's stuff I haven't even thought of yet.

Also not sure about auras yet. I had good results in Flashback running Lightning/Ice heralds (the latter because I had CWDT + Cold Snap) and Discipline, but I kind of want to play with the new Blood & Sand stuff too. (I may go MOM+EB, honestly and just cram everything in, though with Trickster I won't need much available mana anyway.) I thought about Pride briefly but I don't intend to be close to anything for four seconds at a time if I can help it. Probably add Blasphemy + Conductivity off a Lightning Impresence.

Augh. THIS GAME.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mercrom posted:

I think it's pretty dumb. The extreme scaling for physical damage means that elemental conversion melee skills can't compare. The massive flat physical damage is gonna be the return of the dual wield meta because of the 32% more scaling. I'm just going to play a non-crit champion cycloner because I don't see a reason to get more damage.

Oh no won't someone think of the poor ele conversion builds lol. They've had their time in the sun (and are still probably going to be fine)

Captain Foo posted:

wait does Rage count as a buff? because dual-wielding ichimonjis might be hilarious

It specifically does not

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Captain Foo posted:

hm, so maybe get 95% reservation with blasphemy WM + pride + war banner and hope to squeeze out enough mana to start leeching and then die to hexproof packs :v:

Elreon Jewelry can effectively make Cyclone completely free to use.

Captain Foo posted:

Blasphemy+WM: 35%
Pride: 50%
War Banner: 10%
Herald of Purity: 25%
Flesh and Stone: 25%

Maybe? Pride looks really good if you're not already killing things fast enough to take advantage of the ramp-up, but you are wasting the area bonuses (given that we're theory-crating flicker)

The ramp up is for boss killing. That "area" bonus on pride refers to the aura effect, not any kind of global AoE. It's from 20% quality on the gem, and affects all auras.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kosh Naranek posted:

Yeah, I was planning to play occultist vortex/cold snap to farm disfavor or starforge for a Slayer, but then they killed occultist and now I don't know what to do..

Yeah I was gonna play cyclone occultist, but losing a flat 1000 ES and 2/3rds vile bastion regen sucks.

Considering some kind of soul tether elementalist now.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Oh no won't someone think of the poor ele conversion builds lol. They've had their time in the sun (and are still probably going to be fine)

Guess I'll be the guinea pig here!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Truga posted:

Yeah I was gonna play cyclone occultist, but losing a flat 1000 ES and 2/3rds vile bastion regen sucks.

Considering some kind of soul tether elementalist now.

Just do Voidforge Cyclone Elementalist :getin:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mercrom posted:

Aren't physical modifiers applied to fully converted elemental damage anyways? People fully converted damage because that way they could scale harder, by making phys damage modifiers in the passive and skill gem more prevalent you are just making it so that you dont have to fully convert to get more damage out of your build. But its not inherently nerfing conversions since they scale of physical anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm going to have to level up like 6 cyclone gems in my offhand huh.

Though I feel like pulverize and pride are good options as well