Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Phobophilia posted:

Elreon Jewelry can effectively make Cyclone completely free to use.

The ramp up is for boss killing. That "area" bonus on pride refers to the aura effect, not any kind of global AoE. It's from 20% quality on the gem, and affects all auras.

1) I'm working on flicker
2) xD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

First draft for starforge cyclone gladiator. Very very much still work in progress.

https://pastebin.com/gmb8XhDb

No fancy gear. "New stuff" jewel has all the new stuff in it. Needs quite a bit of -manacost on one of the rings if you want to run the full aura setup, which is Pride + Flesh & Stone->Maim + Blood & Sand + Dread Banner.

E: Actual socket layout:

Cyclone->Infused Channeling->Fortify->Melee Phys->Brutality->Pulverise
Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks -> Blood Magic -> Vaal Ancestral Warchief OR Dread Banner
Blood Rage -> Dash -> Steelskin OR Molten shell -> Inc Duration
Pride + Blood & Sand + Flesh & Stone->Maim

E2: If you pick dread banner which I probably will, make sure it's unlinked and not hooked up to blood magic

Excellent job on this. It looks great. I was gonna use Disfavour and Bronn's Lithe. 6.3k life instead of your magnificent 8, but I'm showing roughly 2.4m dps with 160ms vs your 175ms. So slower and squishier, but more damage. Everything else I'm taking directly from you. Thank you for your math on that jewel.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 6, 2019

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Elreon Jewelry can effectively make Cyclone completely free to use.

Yup, my 6link setup wil cost 10 mana per swing, so you can make it effectively free with one craft of -8 or -9 (expensive) or entirely free for two crafts of -5 (cheap but needs two rings with open prefix). You might even get away with a single craft of -7 for 3 chaos.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Aren't physical modifiers applied to fully converted elemental damage anyways? People fully converted damage because that way they could scale harder, by making phys damage modifiers in the passive and skill gem more prevalent you are just making it so that you dont have to fully convert to get more damage out of your build. But its not inherently nerfing conversions since they scale of physical anyways.

Yes, this is my question - how is pure phys being buffed more than ele conversion? Is it just because of the impale buffs and blood/sand stances (which I haven't fully read up on)? It would seem to me that any buff to physical damage is just more damage for the conversion?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Aren't physical modifiers applied to fully converted elemental damage anyways? People fully converted damage because that way they could scale harder, by making phys damage modifiers in the passive and skill gem more prevalent you are just making it so that you dont have to fully convert to get more damage out of your build. But its not inherently nerfing conversions since they scale of physical anyways.

There's a whole load of "enemies take increased physical damage" floating around this league (eg impale, pride). That doesn't do anything for you if you convert away from phys.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Excellent job on this. It looks great. I was gonna use Disfavour and Bronn's Lithe. 6.3k life instead of your magnificent 8, but I'm showing roughly 2.8m dps with 160ms vs your 175ms. So slower and squishier, but more damage. Everything else I'm taking directly from you. Thank you for your math on that jewel.

Keep in mind I've gone very conservative on the checkboxes and gear I've used here. If I want to PoB warrior it I can say that I'm using warchief totem, I've got a silver flask active, I've got vuln on hit gloves and I'm fighting a mapboss that starforge can fully shock (you'll only get like 5-10% shocks on bosses like shaper and elder). Those four things take me to 2.7mil dps.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just had an entire league pushing elemental conversion.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Starforge can't get that expensive right? Maybe I'll be able to afford a poo poo rolled one

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cynic Jester posted:

Just do Voidforge Cyclone Elementalist :getin:

Yeah that's what I'm looking at right now, but I'm also terrible at this game so I need some mechanic that allows me to survive big boss hits I didn't dodge. Having >10k ES on the cheap and wicked ward was amazing but that's both basically gone now. Going hybrid ES/life should be able to scrap up some 15k ehp thanks to all the life+ES combo nodes near witch. Question is, can I path down to vaal pact cheaply enough to make it refill at a decent pace :v:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Starforge has a fairly high droprate. It's not the rare shaper drop, Solstice Vigil is. If all else fails just farm it yourself.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

euphronius posted:

Just had an entire league pushing elemental conversion.

And next league might give bows a support gem with the headhunter effect and give bosses 40% physical resistance to match elemental. I don't like that.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Keep in mind I've gone very conservative on the checkboxes and gear I've used here. If I want to PoB warrior it I can say that I'm using warchief totem, I've got a silver flask active, I've got vuln on hit gloves and I'm fighting a mapboss that starforge can fully shock (you'll only get like 5-10% shocks on bosses like shaper and elder). Those four things take me to 2.7mil dps.

Yeah, I checked those on yours and added some little stuff to gear like attack speed and stuff. I'm not trying to say mine is better or anything like that, I was just saying i'm gonna try a different version and do you think it will work?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, it'll work just fine.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm tempted to start with all the new skills but the last time I did that was Tecslam Jugg in beast and it was horrible

Had a really good name though, something like ItsAnUglyMetaAJuggMeta

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Yeah, it'll work just fine.

Just looking for some less expensive type stuff, mostly worried bout the sword, but you may be right that it wont get out of hand.

Ill probably just play yours anyway, since .5 to 1m dps isnt worth 2k life and 15% ms.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sword shouldnt be too expensive, but you can use a kondo's pride or a crafted sword too. Starforge isn't build enabling in any way.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's a whole load of "enemies take increased physical damage" floating around this league (eg impale, pride). That doesn't do anything for you if you convert away from phys.

Well pride is a different flavor of the other sin auras and its about time phys got one since Anger, Wrath, Hatred, Malevolence and Zealotry mostly dealt pure elemental damage, chaos or converted phys anyways.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Finding a good weapon to use on cyclone zerker will be a real challenge

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well pride is a different flavor of the other sin auras and its about time phys got one since Anger, Wrath, Hatred, Malevolence and Zealotry mostly dealt pure elemental damage, chaos or converted phys anyways.

I feel like my third eye has just opened after reading all these aura names in a row, I never realized

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I feel like my third eye has just opened after reading all these aura names in a row, I never realized

We don't talk about the Lust aura

edit: Avarice would be a cool MF aura though

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I like that you can Impale with any weapon now. Impale Claw Bladeflurry. Impale 2H Sword Cyclone. Impale Doriyanis Catalyst Earthquake.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God pride is one hell of a gem huh.

Also is there any particular reason why you are going with Glad cyclone instead of Slayer Rat?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

What happens if you stack Ruthless and Multistrike on Earthquake? Do you have to click 'attack' 3 times to get the ruthless buff or can you multistrike once and get a 9.7-richter earthquake aftershock?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Earthquake is 70% more aftershock damage, ruthless is 132% more, multistrike (2nd repeat, 3rd hit) is 99% more, pulverize is 45% more

....do those all multiple together!?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

TheRat posted:

First draft for starforge cyclone gladiator. Very very much still work in progress.

https://pastebin.com/cxnXyWve

No fancy gear. "New stuff" jewel has all the new stuff in it. Needs quite a bit of -manacost on one of the rings if you want to run the full aura setup, which is Pride + Flesh & Stone->Maim + Blood & Sand + Dread Banner.

E: Actual socket layout:

Cyclone->Infused Channeling->Fortify->Melee Phys->Brutality->Pulverise
Leap Slam -> Faster Attacks -> Blood Magic -> Vaal Ancestral Warchief OR Dread Banner
Blood Rage -> Dash -> Steelskin OR Molten shell -> Inc Duration
Pride + Blood & Sand + Flesh & Stone->Maim

E2: If you pick dread banner which I probably will, make sure it's unlinked and not hooked up to blood magic

You should consider going Bloodletting if you can. Not only is it 40% increased attack damage against bleeding enemies but it 5% reduced damage taken against bleeding enemies for basically free since you are Glad. Can even bump up your bleed chance to 100% if you want by going the left nodes but thats obviously not that big of a deal.

Can also consider doing a leap slam curse on hit vuln setup for even bigger deeps.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Doomsower is also an excellent starter sword if you're aiming for Starforge, even if you can't take advantage of the 10% Phys as fire with Brutality

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man I need the new gem info in POB to math out all this poo poo and figure out how much damage I need to get on tree. Going without the numbers for new support gems, Flesh&Stone+Maim and Precision/Pride makes things a pain.

Still no idea what skill to use either!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I, for one, am just gonna, like, wing it. fuk pob

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Go SSF and play what drops.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

Man I need the new gem info in POB to math out all this poo poo and figure out how much damage I need to get on tree. Going without the numbers for new support gems, Flesh&Stone+Maim and Precision/Pride makes things a pain.

Still no idea what skill to use either!

Just copy my "New Stuff" jewel on the pob I linked a few pages back. It has all the math done for a few of the new gems + auras + base impale with dread banner and one cluster (not the gem though!!)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jinnigan posted:

Earthquake is 70% more aftershock damage, ruthless is 132% more, multistrike (2nd repeat, 3rd hit) is 99% more, pulverize is 45% more

....do those all multiple together!?

Yes. I would expect ruthless to work with multistrike like crits do with it only activating on the third multistrike use but with each of the three hits getting the multiplier.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

TheRat posted:

Just copy my "New Stuff" jewel on the pob I linked a few pages back. It has all the math done for a few of the new gems + auras + base impale with dread banner and one cluster (not the gem though!!)

I'll try it for sure, thanks for the tip.

How are people feeling about Blitz vs AoC for 2-handed Berserker builds atm? Looking at my PoB mockup, AoC is as expected giving exactly 40% more damage, while Savagery is 21% and Blitz is only 19%. Plus AoC doesn't need to stack up. The 10% increased Phys taken does hurt, but I feel like there's so much more mitigation running around now than before 3.7 as well. My current build has 4 End charges, Fortify support included, Blind etc which seems pretty good not even counting the slight benefits Armor gives. Especially since physical damage doesn't feel like the most dangerous type nowadays. But then AGAIN again, 40% more attackspeed is also a lot of QoL and movespeed which can't be underestimated.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Dash is a spell, does that mean I can put it on CwDT to automatically jump away from things that hit me?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Dash is a spell, does that mean I can put it on CwDT to automatically jump away from things that hit me?

It'll jump you towards things that hit you

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

if you check the whatsitcalled box it should dash you away

e: cast in place?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

TheRat posted:

Ooh that's handy

Just a quick question (sorry about repeating it), why did u opt for gladiator cyclone than slayer cyclone? And can I just keep the skill points the and just change the ascendency and have it work

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Insurrectionist posted:

How are people feeling about Blitz vs AoC for 2-handed Berserker builds atm? Looking at my PoB mockup, AoC is as expected giving exactly 40% more damage, while Savagery is 21% and Blitz is only 19%. Plus AoC doesn't need to stack up. The 10% increased Phys taken does hurt, but I feel like there's so much more mitigation running around now than before 3.7 as well. My current build has 4 End charges, Fortify support included, Blind etc which seems pretty good not even counting the slight benefits Armor gives. Especially since physical damage doesn't feel like the most dangerous type nowadays. But then AGAIN again, 40% more attackspeed is also a lot of QoL and movespeed which can't be underestimated.

I'm ignoring AoC. This league in general is probably going to hurt more, so there's no reason to take even more damage. I also don't think zerker is going to hurt for damage.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Yes. I would expect ruthless to work with multistrike like crits do with it only activating on the third multistrike use but with each of the three hits getting the multiplier.

That's how it works right now. If it works like that in 3.7 you could cancel after the first attack 2 times and start a third multistrike with the whole bonus. They made ruthless unable to with blade flurry and cyclone for similar reasons. It's possible they have balanced it by making you need to finish a whole multistrike sequence for it to count as an attack for ruthless.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

AoC is 10% increased damage taken, not just physical. In the end AoC will always out-damage Blitz, so do you value a bunch of EHP and attack speed over pure Dps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Blitz scales really well with all the flat phys we're getting though