Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ibblebibble posted:

Wonder how you're supposed to do trusts for Bardam's considering that canonically you did it solo (I think?). Same with the primals, no trusts there.

The dungeon blurb in the duty finder says that we invited some freinds along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Please don't take koji looking at the camera and going "hey look there's a disconnect between story and gameplay, that's fun right?" as canon.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

23/50 Tomestones, just a little under halfway to my Pegasus.

After that I might keep at it to see if I can get the Minions. I wouldn't mind the Lanners either, but I figure I can grind those out in a farm someday. The Pegasus/Colt plus Brachio and the Bucket come from the Diadem and Fishing, apparently, neither of which I will ever, ever do so it's a good chance. I refuse to grind them out though, I'm just getting 5/day from Main Scenario and Alliance Raid roulettes, that's my limit.

The lanners in question are trivial to get currently, and will become even moreso in 5.0. I wouldn't spend the irregular tomestone on them unless you have everything else you want; but if you do, prioritize the white lanner whistle - both Ravana and Bismark are easy at this point, but Bismark has a lot of forced downtime, making it more annoying to farm.

Could anyone who plays BLM on controller share their crossbar setup?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's really hard to find the tracks I like on Spotify when they're all titled in Japanese.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Me and my buddies got the Tam-Tara MogTome farm to under 4 minutes. Here's what we do:

I mean, yeah, this thing's obsolete in about 3 weeks, but hey, summer vacation. Besides, people out there are doing *ugh* MSQ Roulette for these tomestones, and I can't just let that happen.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

M.c.P posted:

Me and my buddies got the Tam-Tara MogTome farm to under 4 minutes. Here's what we do:

I mean, yeah, this thing's obsolete in about 3 weeks, but hey, summer vacation. Besides, people out there are doing *ugh* MSQ Roulette for these tomestones, and I can't just let that happen.

That'd be awesome, except I am just coming back and have no levels in Blue Mage and am still re-learning the game :saddowns:

But if anyone wants to help me grind MacGuffins for the sweet, sweet Sleipnir Barding, I'd be grateful!

Tarisa Elantrys ingame, I'm in PBC.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You should do MSQ roulette for the fun and to hang out with our upcoming expansion boyfriend Gaius, not for the rewards.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

But also for the roulette exp bonus.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So the "Duty Roulette: Main Scenario"?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Annath posted:

So the "Duty Roulette: Main Scenario"?

Yes. You get 3 mooglestones but you can't skip cutscenes. So do it while you have something else to do during the downtime.

The alliance raid roulette is basically guaranteed to give you one of the crystal tower raids right now(so long as you've unlocked them) which are potentially quicker and reward 2 mooglestones.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Kurieg posted:

Yes. You get 3 mooglestones but you can't skip cutscenes. So do it while you have something else to do during the downtime.

The alliance raid roulette is basically guaranteed to give you one of the crystal tower raids right now(so long as you've unlocked them) which are potentially quicker and reward 2 mooglestones.

I highly doubt I've unlocked them, how do I do so?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can you guarantee a crystal tower when queuing? I got mhach my last time and oh god it took like an hour, everyone was wiping all over.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

queeb posted:

can you guarantee a crystal tower when queuing? I got mhach my last time and oh god it took like an hour, everyone was wiping all over.

You mean by ADR? Gear yourself in level 50 gear I suppose. Or any gear that drops you below the minimum ilvl for the level 60 raids.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

queeb posted:

Queue with reduced ilvl by removing gear.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

queeb posted:

Unequip gear until you're at like 80 ilvl (~100 if you don't mind WoD), then queue

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

isk posted:

Unequip gear until you're at like 80 ilvl (~100 if you don't mind WoD), then queue

(you will mind WoD, don't do it)

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

TheShadowAvatar posted:

(you will mind WoD, don't do it)

What, its not like people still wipe to Angara Mayniu or Cerberus or anything.. no sir, didn't wipe 3 times to them at all...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Or just don't do the quest to unlock WoD for new players. Do unlock Void Ark, though, that's as easy as Labyrinth and Syrcus if not more so.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Annath posted:

I highly doubt I've unlocked them, how do I do so?
Questline starts here.
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Legacy_of_Allag

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Bremma posted:

What, its not like people still wipe to Angara Mayniu or Cerberus or anything.. no sir, didn't wipe 3 times to them at all...

I had a run where we wiped to atomos in LOTA so I don't think it really matters what you run when you're in a bad group.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

somepartsareme posted:

letting you just get all the gear would be a little broken, i think yoshi p said to think of it as having the gear drop rate reduced to 25% of normal. unclear if the trust npcs will literally be rolling need/greed against you

Just go full Darkest Dungeon with it. Turns out Y'shtola has severe kleptomania.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I had a run where we wiped to atomos in LOTA so I don't think it really matters what you run when you're in a bad group.

That happens especially when someone starts the thing before everyone is in and the stragglers get dumped into A, leaving the other lanes with not enough people to stand on the pad (4)

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Bremma posted:

We wiped to the first Chimeras once.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Just go full Darkest Dungeon with it. Turns out Y'shtola has severe kleptomania.

Minfilia takes to being a rogue a little too well and when you open a chest its just filled with sand.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

Blast of Confetti posted:

my favorite jump potion story is one time a goon was doing the HW popefight trial and the DRK was asking people how his buttons worked

I dunno if this was me or if this exact scenario has happened to multiple goons but yeah, it was both tanks had boosted drk.

them, face pulling the boss: can someone here give me drk tips? xD

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Spuzzz posted:

We wiped to the first Chimeras once.

near-wiping to those chimeras is a regular occurrence on any wod run I do but an actual wipe is pretty rare

funny but rare

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I just got confirmation that my Stupid rear end Statue Edition is shipping.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't know why people keep queuing for the roulette when you can just queue straight for the best raid, Syrcus Tower.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Zack Ater posted:

The lanners in question are trivial to get currently, and will become even moreso in 5.0. I wouldn't spend the irregular tomestone on them unless you have everything else you want; but if you do, prioritize the white lanner whistle - both Ravana and Bismark are easy at this point, but Bismark has a lot of forced downtime, making it more annoying to farm.

Well should be trivial. I got the other birds fairly easily. Bismark appropriately is my white whale. 80 totems and counting. It's faster at this point for me to grind to 99 totems than go for moogle tomes probably.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Zack Ater posted:

Isn't it 99 totems with 1 totem per run? That doesn't sound trivial.

I've never done any raiding/trials that weren't random queue.

I'm at 35 totems currently and was thinking of blowing my moogle bucks on the rose lanner since it looks like the best looking mount.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think with a small group, you'd get enough drops for the whole party before you got 99 totems. I see mounts drop a fair bit nowadays.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

FuzzySlippers posted:

Isn't it 99 totems with 1 totem per run? That doesn't sound trivial.

I've never done any raiding/trials that weren't random queue.

I'm at 35 totems currently and was thinking of blowing my moogle bucks on the rose lanner since it looks like the best looking mount.

99 totems assuming you don't just get the mount as a direct drop within 99 runs. If you farm the trials at level 80 with a couple other people you all will probably get the mounts pretty fast.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Do you still get drops if you run them at higher level? I suppose that would make it a lot easier to farm. Well poo poo now it's harder to decide what to spend my moogle bucks on.

Also, anyone have trouble with their square enix store preorder? They keep sending me emails about OMG check your payment details since we're about to charge so I gamely went and checked and hit the charge now button and it comes back: rejected fraud. Every credit card I put in does this. It seems like they have no online chat so support is the contact form hell hole.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Running unsynced and higher level still give you chest drops.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FuzzySlippers posted:

Also, anyone have trouble with their square enix store preorder? They keep sending me emails about OMG check your payment details since we're about to charge so I gamely went and checked and hit the charge now button and it comes back: rejected fraud. Every credit card I put in does this. It seems like they have no online chat so support is the contact form hell hole.

I got that email too but I just assumed it was like the warning they send a few days before the charge you for your sub so I didn't do anything. I just figured the money would come out when it comes out.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think with a small group, you'd get enough drops for the whole party before you got 99 totems. I see mounts drop a fair bit nowadays.

Small sample size, but we farmed Bismark 2 weeks ago and needed 26 runs for 5 mount drops, so it might be a 20% drop rate now

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Saint Freak posted:

I just got confirmation that my Stupid rear end Statue Edition is shipping.

No it’s just a charge to make sure it’s already paid for so they can send it right away at their release.

They said the first wave of shipping will be done the 24th, I assume (hope greatly) that it will be the wave of shipping for international customers so that people outside US will get it before the early access code cuts off (this happened to me with Stormblood. Thanks for charging me 65$ US shipping and then have it take over a week to get to me)

The other wave gets sent out on the day early access starts.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 6, 2019

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Tamba posted:

Small sample size, but we farmed Bismark 2 weeks ago and needed 26 runs for 5 mount drops, so it might be a 20% drop rate now

All primal mounts are currently a 20% drop rate except spookyhorse.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heh, you fools. wheelies mount is a 100% drop from the mog station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Kwyndig posted:

I don't know why people keep queuing for the roulette when you can just queue straight for the best raid, Syrcus Tower.

Queue straight for Syrcus tower also because it has the lowest chance to gently caress anything up. And honestly in my experience has been slightly quicker than LOTA or WoD