Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rhythmic slapping sounds

For the last time, that's not how you inflate a football. You're just moving the air around inside of it. Please pull your shorts back up. Dad, you're embarrassing the whole family.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

This Thread posted:

Chernobyl chat

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Can I emptyquote this? Because I have never played Stalker but some kind of residual goon energy flows through my veins. And I'm yet to watch Chernobyl.

I really want a Fukushima movie because there were some bad rear end mofos who sacrificed their lives to shut that down.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Skratchez posted:

And I'm yet to watch Chernobyl.

Why, what's wrong with you comrade?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How the flying gently caress are you not watching Chernobyl if you have the means and/or access to HBO?

It's 5 hours of literally the peak of television.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Yeah, it's a good one.

If you've ever liked a --
  • Drama
  • Historical Drama
  • Period Piece
-- then consider it strongly recommended.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Accretionist posted:

Yeah, it's a good one.

If you've ever liked -[list]
[*]Radiation
[*]People dying horribly
[*]Jared Harris and Stellan Skarsgård solving problems
-- then consider it strongly recommended.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Warbird posted:

Wasn't the same format used for the $599 US Dollars PS3 memes or was another Apple product? I know I've seen it before.
Iphone X was also 999

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Skratchez posted:

Posted from my 65" UHD TV, not my 900 dollar phone. :awesome:

Paying less for your phone and saving all that money that woulda been spent on dates?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

How the flying gently caress are you not watching Chernobyl if you have the means and/or access to HBO?

It's 5 hours of literally the peak of television.

I recognise it's probably excellent tv but I don't fancy watching people die of radiation sickness in meticulous detail

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So android users find something that doesn't need to be thrown out for another unsatisfactory model constantly? :smuggo:

:smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

bike tory posted:

I recognise it's probably excellent tv but I don't fancy watching people die of radiation sickness in meticulous detail

To be fair there was only one episode that showed the effects of radiation on some dudes in the hospital. The makeup was pretty gross but it wasn't that bad. The show is less about grossing you out and more about making you feel the dread of Man loving Up

Zzulu has a new favorite as of 07:05 on Jun 6, 2019

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

Paying less for your phone and saving all that money that woulda been spent on dates?

That image is from trusted source wired.com

And nearly ten years old (hence the blackberry)

But if my date puts a loving Galaxy on the table I'm out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*slides a Note 7 across the table*

"I'm ordering the lobster and you're paying."

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

bike tory posted:

There's some but it's more about heroism and catastrophe.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Note 7 was a great phone and I had to smuggle it back into the country to trade it in after the freak out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Skratchez posted:

That image is from trusted source wired.com

And nearly ten years old (hence the blackberry)

But if my date puts a loving Galaxy on the table I'm out.

it's originally from the okcupid research blog. their data is valid but you gotta keep in mind that it's a sample of okcupid users in 2010 or so. not the general population

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

it's originally from the okcupid research blog. their data is valid but you gotta keep in mind that it's a sample of okcupid users in 2010 or so. not the general population

Yeah, it's highly suspect.

But funny :shrug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How do you measure sexual activity on Ockupid?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Very carefully

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Zzulu posted:

How do you measure sexual activity on Ockupid?

users on okcupid answer hundreds of questions about themselves and then the software attempts to create matches based on their responses. "how many sexual partners have you had" is an obvious one, and it's easy to plot against the user's age and the type of mobile device they're using.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

users on okcupid answer hundreds of questions about themselves and then the software attempts to create matches based on their responses. "how many sexual partners have you had" is an obvious one, and it's easy to plot against the user's age and the type of mobile device they're using.

posted from my iphone

also Trig Discipline hi!

I was just telling a friend about Hardcore Prophecy

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hello! And that's awesome!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/leftistthot420/status/1136527301775020032?s=19

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just lol if you still buy phones that spy on you for American corporations and government, instead of phones that spy on you for Chinese corporations and government.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, motherfuckers!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1136581895066722305?s=21

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

Just lol if you still buy phones that spy on you for American corporations and government, instead of phones that spy on you for Chinese corporations and government.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, motherfuckers!

LOL at the political prisoner shackled to a desk and forced to watch his American lay on a couch and stuff his face with canned chili while watching the office on Netflix for the 7000th time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How did you know my plans

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DANIWAH

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wholesome content. :3:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Wait, there's a :females: equivalent to the Virgin/Chad?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Wait, there's a :females: equivalent to the Virgin/Chad?

Chad's female equivalent is called Stacy.

I have no idea why. The only reason I know that is because apparently one of the TV cop shows had an episode that involves incels...somehow. I didn't actually watch it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think they're just supposed to be stereotypical popular male/female names, drawn from the incel collective unconsciousness

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like Heathers

Or the Debbies from the Oblongs

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Chad's female equivalent is called Stacy.

I have no idea why. The only reason I know that is because apparently one of the TV cop shows had an episode that involves incels...somehow. I didn't actually watch it.

How would someone on somethingawful dot com know way to much about incels? Must be the 10 mega threads about it

(Which are great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Goons talk at length about subjects they know well.