Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the_steve posted:

At that point, I think a lot of the Servants had returned to the Throne, barring a few who chose to stick around for whatever reasons they may have.

afaik this doesn't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Latest report: Medb good at murdering Big Green

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Ozy is laughing all the way to the bank, thanks to Double Merlin.

Also, it says something when you have so many Garden of Avalons going at once that between that and the Hot Spring CE, you're generating over 50 stars a turn before damage.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Threw some tickets and a 10 roll. Just got spooked hard by the golden Berserker card turning into Tamamo Cat. This feels perfectly in-character somehow.

Between CCC and today I've gone from 0 to NP4 Emiya Alter, despite my best F2P efforts. Now it's a race between him and regular Emiya for my first non-welfare NP5 gold servant.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Ytlaya posted:

Also the effect of Arthur's Excalibur is a lot cooler than Arturia's.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

Latest report: Medb good
Slightly modified quote for better accuracy.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I... I throw one of the event DP tickets at Moriarty's banner, figuring it can't hurt to keep trying for NP2 while it's still up... and Grandpa Jim comes home again. :aaa:

A few runs later, with the next ladder ticket in hand, I go for the rerun banner, hoping to get a another copy of the 5* CE, since last time I only managed to pull one... and Mama shows up! :aaaaa:

Christ... I'm not getting Holmes or any Summer 2 servants, am I?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Moriarty is there so Holmes has to show up

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Drop a bunch of tickets and quartz, finally getting Raikou. She's not one of those servants who needs a second NP right? I don't have enough left to do many pulls.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

np1 SSRs are always fine

or rather, no good SSR truly needs np levels and the bad ones won't magically become good with more levels

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I thought Squirtoria really could use NP2? Anyway, good to hear.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ChronoReverse posted:

I thought Squirtoria really could use NP2? Anyway, good to hear.

That was to pull ahead of Chloe, since they mostly share a niche*. She still has really good dps at NP1, and considering Chloe is almost Ridertoki tier in how good she is, needing NP2 to beat the second best welfare is not a black mark at all.

*arts-based single target Archers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Da Vinci absolutely needs NP+ to be useful

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Omobono posted:

That was to pull ahead of Chloe, since they mostly share a niche*. She still has really good dps at NP1, and considering Chloe is almost Ridertoki tier in how good she is, needing NP2 to beat the second best welfare is not a black mark at all.

*arts-based single target Archers

Np2 archuria also lets you charge over 100 which makes her heal a little easier to use

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah np2 just enables the heals of squirt and saber shiki without having to lose access to your np that turn. np2 is generically useful for SSRs to allow them to outdamage strong SR servants in the same niche but SSRs probably have better skills/internals/stats that make it not much of a trade off either way.

also davinci will get an np interlude so she's probably fine at np1

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Np2 archuria also lets you charge over 100 which makes her heal a little easier to use

Yeah I forgot about that, NP2 also gives some ghost protection* and Archuria brings her own ghost inside her power drink.

*unless the jerks decide to spam and focus fire the NP drain :rng:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So who are the dudes that get innate bonus for this event? Ibaraki and Suzy Gozen seem to enjoy pretty decent boosts, and I imagine everyone featured does too.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I think the in app event page usually has a full list with the percent boost

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Japanese servants, though there are some odd exceptions due to lore. when you're selecting servants for teams or your support list you should have an additional filter button that will narrow your options to bonus servants only.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

But if you want a rule of thumb I think it’s servants with Japanese origins?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bogart posted:

So who are the dudes that get innate bonus for this event? Ibaraki and Suzy Gozen seem to enjoy pretty decent boosts, and I imagine everyone featured does too.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Was gonna toss all my tickets in an attempt to get Raikou, but got her in...two? :toot: more tickets for Holmes!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm pretty sure he's a goon on here, anyway, congrats to Zealeon on your Raikou. We've lost another one to the giant tiddies this day.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So many bones needed. Looks like I have to grind this gate as much as possible.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While Raikou is immensely convenient to have for grinding, I don't really have any desire for her because I dislike the character design. And I *do* have a desire for Holmes (I think I'll have all the 5* Rulers if I get Holmes, lol).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

While Raikou is immensely convenient to have for grinding, I don't really have any desire for her because I dislike the character design. And I *do* have a desire for Holmes (I think I'll have all the 5* Rulers if I get Holmes, lol).

I agreed with this line of thinking but I decided to objectively look at how I actually play and Raikou's one of my most often borrowed friend unit so I decided to be utilitarian about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My special little zerkerlot baby boy helps immensely in resisting the desire to roll for Raikou. He works just as well for me!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I threw a 10-roll... at the Rashomon gacha! I finally got to MLB that Kiyohime CE, though, and I guess I have little Medusa now. Which is fine because my Lancer situation is still bad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Traveller posted:

I threw a 10-roll... at the Rashomon gacha! I finally got to MLB that Kiyohime CE, though, and I guess I have little Medusa now. Which is fine because my Lancer situation is still bad.

if you've finished Babylonia i'd recommend raising the copy of Jaguar Warrior you got for free. she hits pretty much on par with Ana due to high natural atk and a wide range of buffs. no other low rarity lancer is as offensively focused and being a buster crit servant means she's much easier to support.

e: my bad, Jaguar doesn't have uniquely high atk, Ana just has uniquely low atk... :sigh:

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 7, 2019

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

If you don't mind her design, you can also wait for Lancer Raikou, coming up. She's a 4 star, and easily one of the best lancers in the game for a while.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I keep forgetting I have Taiga around. Medusa is cuter, so there. :colbert:

Realtalk though, Lancer Raikou is probably what I should aim for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

your only options are Raikou, Vlad, Kiyo, or Li and Raikou packs the most punch since Vlad is defense-oriented and Li is a one-turn wonder. and calling Kiyo a pale imitation of Raikou would be underselling Raikou.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

your only options are Raikou, Vlad, Kiyo, or Li and Raikou packs the most punch since Vlad is defense-oriented and Li is a one-turn wonder. and calling Kiyo a pale imitation of Raikou would be underselling Raikou.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'll dunk on kiyo til the day i die (from being eviscerated by her)

her np actually hits slightly harder but she has none of the crit utility or debuff cleanse/potential support utility of raikou, not to mention that skill seal on np is a double-edged sword

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Euryale once again proves her worth in Onigashima, as her NP hits the target on average of about 3 million damage with my setup

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Rorahusky posted:

Euryale once again proves her worth in Onigashima, as her NP hits the target on average of about 3 million damage with my setup

Please post setup. I failed to finish the 3M fight with two Kuros and Emiya.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh craaaaap.
I need Rider Kintoki but I am burned out from Rashomon/powering my way through the story.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

dogsicle posted:

i'll dunk on kiyo til the day i die (from being eviscerated by her)

her np actually hits slightly harder but she has none of the crit utility or debuff cleanse/potential support utility of raikou, not to mention that skill seal on np is a double-edged sword

however kiyo lancer has a great design and raikou is an atrocity

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
actually raikou is the public morals committee leader and i won't have any of you haters talking poo poo about her because you're jealous of her yoyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't even blame you for burning out, I was the same way with Shinjuku just last week. I did manage to capture the enjoyment again though, through just powering through it until I started to like the game again. Good luck to you man.