Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
is 300k/hit (on shaper) with earthquake good or bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

saintonan posted:

I saw the talk, I just don't agree with him.

well, good thing you aren't running the game

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Duck and Cover posted:

I think when players start to realize their time has worth they'll start realizing "free" games aren't free.

most players know this already

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Actually I realized my time has no worth long ago

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m still confused about the guy complaining about not being able to use mtx.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zephro posted:

Not using the overwrought, neon mtx in this game is the real way to look stylish and stand out from the crowd

Seriouspost though I like the aesthetic in the first couple of acts where you're carrying around a random plank of driftwood as a shield and hitting people with a tree branch that washed up on the beach. It fits the "exile" theme in POE in a way that most of the gear from like A3 onwards really doesn't

I don't equip the big glowy MTX stuff until I feel my character's strong enough to deserve it.

I do like the aesthetic of random planks and sticks, but it doesn't really make any sense once you're pressing one button to kill two screens of monsters

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Papercut posted:

Actually I realized my time has no worth long ago

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

euphronius posted:

I’m still confused about the guy complaining about not being able to use mtx.

It was specifically about skill MTX being for a good skill one league, then that skill gets nerfed after it sold enough.
I don't fully joke when I say that skills don't get nerfed until after they get an MTX.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
oh ffs just buy a drat herald mtx you big baby, the explosions end up being the only thing you see anyways

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess that makes I little more sense

Regardless between all the challenges and free boxes you should have tons of free mtx if you play regularly.

Buying tabs seems fair to me.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tulip posted:

most players know this already

Sure that doesn't stop the posts by people acting like companies are so very generous. They aren't and you're lucky if they even give a drat about making a fun game these days (which GGG totally seems to).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eminai posted:

oh ffs just buy a drat herald mtx you big baby, the explosions end up being the only thing you see anyways

Holy crap is that herald of ice mtx pay-to-lose.
Get a flashy pet or armor skin or portal effect or something instead.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Pendulum balancing is pretty much inevitable in a game with a release schedule as frantic as PoE's. The alternative is massive, unrestrained power creep.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Um excuse me celestial herald of ice is sick

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I like skills being rebalanced often because it keeps things feeling less stale

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

qnqnx posted:

No, I am merely accustomed to developers doing better than GGG.

It is predatorial on those that do care. Cool the meta shifted and the points you bought to support a good league and got spent on skill MTX are now useless ebcause that skill got nerfed on the ground. Classic whale milking.

Your concern trolling is obvious. Please go back to d&d or wherever you came from.

Also I hope you are one of those idiots who can't control themselves and have to buy mtx you shouldn't be. Maybe get a better paying job instead of projecting on a dead gay forum. Just lol if you can't keep yourself from buying mtx. Did you also know they let you do payment plans. They should charge interest but they don't.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

qnqnx posted:

It was specifically about skill MTX being for a good skill one league, then that skill gets nerfed after it sold enough.
I don't fully joke when I say that skills don't get nerfed until after they get an MTX.

You're acting like soulrend was removed from the game. It's still perfectly viable, use your cats.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Papercut posted:

You're acting like soulrend was removed from the game. It's still perfectly viable, use your cats.

I'm actually surprised it was nerfed so little

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Your concern trolling is obvious. Please go back to d&d or wherever you came from.

Also I hope you are one of those idiots who can't control themselves and have to buy mtx you shouldn't be. Maybe get a better paying job instead of projecting on a dead gay forum. Just lol if you can't keep yourself from buying mtx. Did you also know they let you do payment plans. They should charge interest but they don't.

That they offer payment plans at all is a big red flag to me.
Also lmao if you think that things can not be overpriced.

Papercut posted:

Honestly, I was expecting a far heavier nerf for Soulrend.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Sounds like you need to get good.

Blade vortex got a mtx after it was nerfed a thousand times.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 6, 2019

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
1100 pages -- is it time for a new thread, especially with Legion coming out tomorrow?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shinino Kage posted:

1100 pages -- is it time for a new thread, especially with Legion coming out tomorrow?

Yes because this current path of posting is aids

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

I think there's a certain segment of the player base/community that sort of "roots for" certain skills/classes and doesn't care so much about how effective they are in a normative sense or how fun they are to use as their relative positioning in the meta. And going from viable to nonviable* for no other reason than to shake things up feels unfair or forced.

*This is one of those areas where what people mean is not precisely the definition of the words they use. For people who care about the meta, "viable" tends to mean there's a clear mechanical incentive to play it (like it's stronger or easier than other options with comparable skill or investment), while a "nonviable skill" is one that, even if it can complete all content, would tend to lose arguments of the form "Why don't you just play [whatever the meta skills are that patch]?"

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Sounds like you need to get good.

Blade vortex got a mtx after it was nerfed a thousand times.

"Nerfs" that ended being more like reworks and kept on being very strong. Mostly because of physical->elemental conversions, but stiil.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
What is the average elemental resistance for endgame enemies in maps and such? I know Shaper / Elder have 40% elemental resistance, but I don't know what T16 map enemies would typically look like. Would an Inquisitor "ignores enemy resistance" treat 40% res as 0%?

qnqnx posted:

Classic whale milking.

Would someone please think of the whales?!

You better get thee to the Star Citizen forums valiant knight, I believe some whales may be in danger.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zero VGS posted:

What is the average elemental resistance for endgame enemies in maps and such? I know Shaper / Elder have 40% elemental resistance, but I don't know what T16 map enemies would typically look like. Would an Inquisitor "ignores enemy resistance" treat 40% res as 0%?

Map bosses have 20% and normal enemies don't have any unless there is a map or monster mod giving them some. Yeah that's how inquisitor works and it also means that -40% resistance is also treated as 0%.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I guess I'm playing Cyclone Berserker for my starter 🙃

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
I haven't played flickerstrike since 3 acts days and I really want to try berserker flicker, how do you do bosses as that build though? Do you have to use a secondary skill, from what I remember with flicker you just end up getting gibbed by boss attacks cause you are constantly on top of them getting hit by everything

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Frenzy was just super buffed. You could use that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Zephro posted:

Not using the overwrought, neon mtx in this game is the real way to look stylish and stand out from the crowd

Seriouspost though I like the aesthetic in the first couple of acts where you're carrying around a random plank of driftwood as a shield and hitting people with a tree branch that washed up on the beach. It fits the "exile" theme in POE in a way that most of the gear from like A3 onwards really doesn't

I'd actually throw a little money at them for skin transfers that aren't one-time use, I like the basic plain look of some of the gear, I don't particularly want giant fallen angel wings that clip into every doorway or my head to be replaced with a flaming skull while orbited by smaller flaming skulls and occasionally a giant stand pops out to scream at people in town.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Agreed, it's worked to keep other games fresh over the years and without the push people will just go back to the same familiar builds they have done a dozen times over and some of those builds might not even be that bad with indirect buffs in other aspects.

They sorta had to gut Occultist too, if you wanted to go ES you were railroaded into occultist as the easy choice with guardian usually being a bit more expensive and needing more then basic rares.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sab669 posted:

I guess I'm playing Cyclone Berserker for my starter 🙃

So this chart says that scions and rangers need not apply? But they’re the two classes I’ve never played :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ZionestLord posted:

I haven't played flickerstrike since 3 acts days and I really want to try berserker flicker, how do you do bosses as that build though? Do you have to use a secondary skill, from what I remember with flicker you just end up getting gibbed by boss attacks cause you are constantly on top of them getting hit by everything

euphronius posted:

Frenzy was just super buffed. You could use that.

that's what i'm thinking, though flicker should be vaguely more survivable against bosses now what with attack cones

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jay Rust posted:

So this chart says that scions and rangers need not apply? But they’re the two classes I’ve never played :(

they should both be fine

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

Yes because this current path of posting is aids

:ironicat:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've been away for a few years and I'm coming back now for Legion. I was wondering if someone could tell me what class to play. I'm going to immediately farm Oni-Goroshi, and probably level with Consecrated Path, but I'd like to end up in a Flicker Strike build eventually. Can someone point me in the right direction?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I've been away for a few years and I'm coming back now for Legion. I was wondering if someone could tell me what class to play. I'm going to immediately farm Oni-Goroshi, and probably level with Consecrated Path, but I'd like to end up in a Flicker Strike build eventually. Can someone point me in the right direction?

ok well, listen, how much do you hate yourself because it requires a lot of time to get oni-gorshi

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

ALSO, as always, EE prevents you from utilizing flat elemental damage or "x% phys added as extra whatever" mods.

I didn't think of that and that's even worse then because wild strike has like 180% effectiveness of extra added damage. Anyway, I decided on a cyclone after all now I just gotta decide if it's direct damage elementalist or a cast on crit occultist.

I can't get either to a level I like in PoB tho, so I was thinking of trying something else and, what's the easiest way to go real fast? Since cyclone speed scales off movespeed, I was thinking maybe making something with queen of the forest.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

CubeTheory posted:

Can I point away from farming oni goroshi? Because that's a 10+ hour grind

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

CubeTheory posted:

Don't farm oni-goroshi, go marauder and pick jugg if you want to never die, chieftain if you want to die rarely but do more damage than jugg, or berserker if you want to die a lot but also hit 40-50 attacks per second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
That anyone would willingly farm Oni is baffling.