Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope the opulence exotic hand cannon is just an updated hawkmoon to drive everyone nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Having done comp to fabled for two seasons now I think trials would be a lot of fun. People were intimidated by it but there's really no reason to be. Just make participating rewarding and winning more rewarding so it's not just a pool of killers.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Emron posted:

Having done comp to fabled for two seasons now I think trials would be a lot of fun. People were intimidated by it but there's really no reason to be. Just make participating rewarding and winning more rewarding so it's not just a pool of killers.

(Disclaimer: I think Crucible needs a LOT of attention and TLC immediately, so don't take this as me being a Bungie-can-do-no-wrong fanboy)

What would you want Trials to be, and how would it avoid stepping on Comp's toes? What would you want the game mechanics, reward mechanics, and rewards to be? I am not sure how they would put it back in the game without changing Comp/Glory/Pinnacle Weapon structuring (which isn't a bad thing)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Trials of the Nine sucked because plinking down a hallway sucks so do cooler maps and more space magic and I'm down for it again

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(Disclaimer: I think Crucible needs a LOT of attention and TLC immediately, so don't take this as me being a Bungie-can-do-no-wrong fanboy)

What would you want Trials to be, and how would it avoid stepping on Comp's toes? What would you want the game mechanics, reward mechanics, and rewards to be? I am not sure how they would put it back in the game without changing Comp/Glory/Pinnacle Weapon structuring (which isn't a bad thing)

I liked your idea. On weekends, comp turns into trials. That's it. You merge the two. Maybe playing comp through the week is how you earn boons, to encourage participation.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Emron posted:

I liked your idea. On weekends, comp turns into trials. That's it. You merge the two. Maybe playing comp through the week is how you earn boons, to encourage participation.

Like the boons from Trials of Osiris? I like that, makes it a little more forgiving.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

IronSaber posted:

Like the boons from Trials of Osiris? I like that, makes it a little more forgiving.

Yeah, I'm no expert but something like

-Get twelve points in comp to get a free win boon. Wins count as 3 points, losses as 1.
-Get 30 eliminations in comp to get a forgiveness boon.

Stuff like that. Effectively weeklies, unlocking the boon for the weekend. Just make the boon purchasable if you fulfill the requirements so you can use it each flawless attempt.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ideally comp would be completely scrapped and Trials of the Nine would be replaced with Trials of Osiris. Then you've got standard casual quickplay stuff and TOO & IB for more serious light-based stuff.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Emron posted:

Yeah, I'm no expert but something like

-Get twelve points in comp to get a free win boon. Wins count as 3 points, losses as 1.
-Get 30 eliminations in comp to get a forgiveness boon.

Stuff like that. Effectively weeklies, unlocking the boon for the weekend. Just make the boon purchasable if you fulfill the requirements so you can use it each flawless attempt.

If LL matters in our hypothetical Trials, maybe award more kill points if you're fighting someone who's higher level than you.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

cvnvcnv posted:

Catching up on the stream and lmao so good @ Titan finisher being Roman Reigns' Superman Punch.

This all looks amazing tbqh.

A good building block towards assassinations in crucible.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

from pc thread
more numbers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I guess it's good those are coming back but still a big ol' lol at yet another feature that was removed from D1 getting patched back in to rescue the game

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I like destiny because it isn't really an MMO, I hope they don't go overboard on the min/max grinding stuff. I just want to listen to music/podcasts and smoke weed while playing destiny. I don't want to refer to spreadsheets when making gear selections.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh sweet the 10th exotic drop I got this season was the new gloves and it even has an Enhanced perk and Rocket Scavenger... oh but it's a bronze roll on int/disc/strength

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If Trials came back it would have to be something extremely different. My two ideas would be “3 Exotics per player” or “All light powers removed”

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

texaholic posted:

I like destiny because it isn't really an MMO, I hope they don't go overboard on the min/max grinding stuff. I just want to listen to music/podcasts and smoke weed while playing destiny. I don't want to refer to spreadsheets when making gear selections.

Have you heard of our lord and saviour warframe? The perfect stoner shooter, where every level of min maxing from just the base gear to enormous spreadsheets of sperg is still powerful and fun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh sweet the 10th exotic drop I got this season was the new gloves and it even has an Enhanced perk and Rocket Scavenger... oh but it's a bronze roll on int/disc/strength

Brain genius idea here:

Stat Rolls normalize into discrete “bands” for pvp

Huge pve grind, less pvp grind while still retaining one

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

If Trials came back it would have to be something extremely different. My two ideas would be “3 Exotics per player” or “All light powers removed”

Honestly a mode where you can equip exotics in every slot would be really nice. It wouldn't even be that ridiculous either since most exotic armor/weapons aren't that powerful anyways, and it would let people have fun finding interesting synergies and playstyles that would give PvP a good shakeup. They should have a section in the crucible director where the weekly mode alternates between that and Mayhem. Then have normal quickplay alternate between Clash, Control and Rift.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
TWAB: "just read the other articles and videos we posted today. bye"

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

SUNKOS posted:

They should have a section in the crucible director where the weekly mode alternates between that and Mayhem. Then have normal quickplay alternate between Clash, Control and Rift.

You act as though 99% of players would play Clash, Control and Rift if the other option was always Super-Palooza and "All the Exotics at the same time" for their PVP chores.

Personally I'm kinda disappointed we're getting yet another Hive expansion. They've been run into the ground at this point and it's irritating to hear the game keep fellating them over how they're so much cooler than us and everyone else after we've kicked their asses at least 5 campaigns now. I at least really liked how Calus poo poo-talked them in the new lore.

galagazombie fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 6, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

galagazombie posted:

You act as though 99% of players would play Clash, Control and Rift if the other option was always Super-Palooza and "All the Exotics at the same time" for their PVP chores.

clash, control and rift sound about 1,000% more fun than kooky-time-goofball-silly-mode

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

clash, control and rift sound about 1,000% more fun than kooky-time-goofball-silly-mode

Mayhem is and remains the best mode

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Eh... I like to play 1 game of mayhem every month or so. It's incredibly boring beyond that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trials just needs to come back as trials. One map per week for a few days with 3 man teams and elimination.

Bring back the boons as well and weight all the match making to connection

The mode was perfect when it first launch and only got worse as they tried to "fix" it.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Eh... I like to play 1 game of mayhem every month or so. It's incredibly boring beyond that.

Well yeah, you're in that 1% of players that isn't bad at PVP. Most people just want their light level up or a milestone weapon. (Or in my case more fashion options for my space man).

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

BlindSite posted:

Trials just needs to come back as trials. One map per week for a few days with 3 man teams and elimination.

Bring back the boons as well and weight all the match making to connection

The mode was perfect when it first launch and only got worse as they tried to "fix" it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm decent enough of shootmans, I just like space magic more than gunshoots in Destiny

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I like a healthy mix of both. Vanilla D2 was too much gun not enough ability, but Mayhem is too much ability not enough gun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I was there the day Bungie announced a handcanon with sniper sight. Among many things, too many to repeat.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Noticed that sometimes legendary engrams drop like blue ones do now. Kind of neat, I guess. Unless they've always done that and it's taken me almost two years to realize.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Noticed that sometimes legendary engrams drop like blue ones do now. Kind of neat, I guess. Unless they've always done that and it's taken me almost two years to realize.
they always did, also from world chests and everywhere else

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I like a healthy mix of both. Vanilla D2 was too much gun not enough ability, but Mayhem is too much ability not enough gun.

I too enjoyed Destiny 1.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Some interesting digs in the vidoc. Lol at "we're now able to follow creativity rather than a corporate model," this is still a business, not an eleemosynary institution. Curious to hear them say "We had cross-save ready to go before original release, but it couldn't be done for capital-R 'Reasons.'"

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

galagazombie posted:

Personally I'm kinda disappointed we're getting yet another Hive expansion. They've been run into the ground at this point and it's irritating to hear the game keep fellating them over how they're so much cooler than us and everyone else after we've kicked their asses at least 5 campaigns now. I at least really liked how Calus poo poo-talked them in the new lore.

D2 base game was Cabal. First expansion was Vex, second was icy Hive, third was Fallen/Skorn/Taken so you have a point but they needed to repeat something and it looks like they're doing a Siva/Taken-style twist this time with the bosses from other factions being featured as nightmares or whatever they are, so I think it's going to be a semi-new race of sorts like Siva and Taken were.

Rumor has it that they're saving the new enemy faction for Destiny 3 and it will be whatever's in those triangle ships at the end of the campaign and Fallen & Cabal will be our allies in fighting them which is kinda cool.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Roman posted:

they always did, also from world chests and everywhere else

oh yeah, I remember now. :doh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how immediately Destiny forgot about the Scorn.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They're just Hot Topic Fallen

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Cross save with PS4 was the one thing I really wanted (and was worried about)! I'm thinking Stadia might be good for banging out strikes while waiting in line or something.

Good show, Bungie.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is a blatant lie. Mayhem is fun for ~3 games before becoming incredibly boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Mayhem is anti-fun. It actively detracts from fun. I would play 30 rounds of control over one of Mayhem. It's only good thing is that it's fast so you can burn through the challenges on your alts.