Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

jit bull transpile posted:

Flash poll: is this racist?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hahahahaha gently caress

I hadn't considered that because it's a known meme format, but I'd say "maybe unintentionally but not really"

I think if it was more general (like just jazz or rap) then closer to probably yes

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah that's just the version of that meme they used. I suppose it could be construed as racist, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hahahahaha gently caress

I hadn't considered that because it's a known meme format, but I'd say "maybe unintentionally but not really"

I think if it was more general (like just jazz or rap) then closer to probably yes

I like all kinds of music but I like American Music best, baby.

Just not Big Band or Dubstep. Or new country. And 2000s raprock.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Doesn't need to be on purpose to be racist. That meme would've been totally intelligible for the wrong reasons to 50yo white people in 1950s American south.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

?

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Nothing to see here.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

This scourge of mid-90s MTV-safe content must be nipped in the bud. Hide your shame randaconda

It's mostly just that Randaconda attracts probations like deep fried fair food attracts Randaconda

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Skratchez posted:

Nothing to see here.

It's the framing story that's the problematic part.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah the Tar Baby poo poo isn't cool by any stretch, but the framing story is what really sucks. It's all about a plantation princeling constantly whining to a slave about how badly he doesn't want to live on a plantation.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

It's the framing story that's the problematic part.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah the Tar Baby poo poo isn't cool by any stretch, but the framing story is what really sucks. It's all about a plantation princeling constantly whining to a slave about how badly he doesn't want to live on a plantation.

Yikes. I don't recall Br'er Rabbit but I do remember Dumbo and The Three Caballeros

And now we're facing a situation with Dumbo and the Jim Crows, coming soon.

Meanwhile Dan Brown is trying to say that Wally Gisnep was a supporter of the Mary Magdalene theory, just watch The Little Mermaid.

And Hitler hosed loved Gisnep until Donald Duck powned him.

I could write a paper about this.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Skratchez posted:

I like all kinds of music but I like American Music best, baby.

Just not Big Band or Dubstep. Or new country. And 2000s raprock.

Violent Femmes :hf:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Skratchez posted:

Yikes. I don't recall Br'er Rabbit but I do remember Dumbo and The Three Caballeros

Meanwhile Dan Brown is trying to say that Wally Gisnep was a supporter of the Mary Magdalene theory, just watch The Little Mermaid.

You'd get marked down for spelling.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Violent Femmes :hf:

My pronoun. :coal:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have 100% seen that book as a child in person but I can't remember where. Someone else's house I think.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

You'd get marked down for spelling.

Wally Gisnep was a playful person. There is a secret location in Disneyland that the less said the better. He didn't know how not to be racist and was a product of his time. Alas.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skratchez posted:

All of this is terrible

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The definitely not-racist version:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aw piss. I loved the original version and didn't even think of the racist implications.

Free jazz is real fun to put on the jukebox at the pool hall.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

All of this is terrible

To be fair Dan Brown made his career from this kind of stuff.

I just read his first book and

It's subtle but it's there.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

It's mostly just that Randaconda attracts probations like deep fried fair food attracts Randaconda

I'm trying to be good :ohdear:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don't know what you're talking about and I extremely don't want to know what you're talking about.

What I do want to know is, is this still happening?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skratchez posted:

There's a poo poo ton about it already, animation history was a slog for this.

Except The Three Caballeros, that Jose and Panchito don't show up more is considered offensive, same for Speedy Gonzales getting in to Warner Bros territory.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

free jazz is mostly white dorks anyway

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Free Jazz is better than Black Metal.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I don't know what you're talking about and I extremely don't want to know what you're talking about.

What I do want to know is, is this still happening?

So Disney is sort of a mixed bag.

Also Candyland, like Django Unchained?

Should we be talking about this?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I guess the Gorgs didn't gently caress around in the German version of Fraggle Rock.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

IT says the fraggles, the

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ultrafilter posted:

The definitely not-racist version:

appropriate, because orangutans will rip your face off, which is the most death metal way to die

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bertrand Hustle posted:

appropriate, because orangutans will rip your face off, which is the most death metal way to die

What, so Bill Cosby wasn't lying about that? Woah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That guy who made a helmet with a half dozen different shotgun shells pointed at different angles inward so when he flipped a switch they all went off at once and completely annihilated his entire head.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

FreudianSlippers posted:

Free Jazz is better than Black Metal.

jit bull transpile posted:

Flash poll: is this racist?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Gripweed posted:

That guy who made a helmet with a half dozen different shotgun shells pointed at different angles inward so when he flipped a switch they all went off at once and completely annihilated his entire head.

What? Story? That's really weird

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What? Story? That's really weird

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Yeah they were all electrically wired up so they went off together. It was pretty brutal. If I remember it was super well engineered and had a backup too.

https://www.bizarrepedia.com/the-suicide-helmet/

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Antioch posted:

Yeah they were all electrically wired up so they went off together. It was pretty brutal. If I remember it was super well engineered and had a backup too.

quote:

but it seems like he may have been trying to tic boxes for both homogenous skull obliteration and maximum death.

both of these would be amazing band names

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

WILD HELICOPTER RESCUE: My wife fell off a cliff

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gripweed posted:

Loop razor wire around your neck then to something sturdy on a roof. Then crazy glue your hands to the side of your head and jump.

Rip your own head off :black101:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Antioch posted:

ah yes, the funny pictures thread, where I go to contemplate the person smart enough to design this and capable enough to build it, who nevertheless used it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LordSaturn posted:

ah yes, the funny pictures thread, where I go to contemplate the person smart enough to design this and capable enough to build it, who nevertheless used it

I agree with LordSaturn, only stupid people should commit suicide.