Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Booze never killed anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Apply alcohol directly to the toddler’s mouth.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Put whiskey on the shoulder, then drink a Ben-Gay and soda because it's Opposite Day in the 1840s apparently.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Immobilize that joint Can't sprain what you can't move.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Rivers out for blood, and our bacon supplies this run it seems. Anyway, Immobilize the joint. We need to save our ever decreasing supplies for actual injuries.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Stay. Active. Exercise that joint. Work the sprain out. Get marching, toddler.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All right, alcohol applied. We start walking and

OH WHAT THE gently caress

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
If he dies, he dies.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Take a nap. We got plenty of time

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Ok, the game is really trying to make up for such a nice and simple run from last time. Umm, increase rations I guess...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Beseech the heavens for advice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

IllegallySober posted:

Beseech the heavens for advice.

Let's see what Jed has to say about this

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011

paragon1 posted:

If he dies, he dies.

not an emptyquote

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Is there a way we can keep everyone as close to the chlorea patient as possible? Only the strongest are going to survive this trip so we may as well weed out the weaklings now before they start wasting food.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We March with God at our side and our rear end hanging out of the wagon!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Sacrifice a cow to Chalana Arroy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I feel like we've offended some Native American god with our prior journey.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sprained their wrist trying to force the person with the concussion to run in circles when they were both distracted by the cholera.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Have we actually traveled ANY distance since the sprained shoulder? Or are we still sitting in the same spot?

Slow down. Let’s make some progress at least. Also, we can’t keep using alcohol because our brave leader is almost certainly ready to start chugging it 24/7 while waiting for the next crisis.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
How do you become bedridden from a sprained wrist? Get him back out there exercising that joint.

How? I don't care. So long as you remember god is watching.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MagusofStars posted:

Have we actually traveled ANY distance since the sprained shoulder? Or are we still sitting in the same spot?

A few miles. The cholera and sprained wrist happened simultaneously.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Compared to everything else that is happening to this apparently cursed wagon group, a sprained wrist is nothing. Continue as usual.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Immobilize the joint Then bathe his feet in warm water.

But lets see what Dr. Gunn says:

quote:

Sprains. — A sprain, technically called subluxation or partial dislocation, is an injury of a joint — most commonly that of the wrist or ankle. Though not really a dislocation, it is often more painful and troublesome, requiring longer time to recover from, than a dislocation or fracture. A sprain is caused by a severe twist or straining of the joint in any direction farther than its natural range of motion, thus stretching and sometimes tearing or bruising the ligaments, and the surrounding soft parts, or muscles, and in bad cases, of the capsular ligament itself.

Treatment : The first indication is to allay inflammation. If there is much swelling, frequent applications of warm water should be made, with bandages, or the hot fomentation of bitter herbs. A warm poultice of wheat-bran and hops, with a little vinegar, is very good. After thus reducing the inflammation and swelling somewhat, an excellent application is the leaves of wormwood and hops simmered in vinegar, with say a tablespoonful of salt to a pint of the liquid, and applied, warm or cold, by means of flannel bandages. Follow this treatment with the application of any good stimulating and relaxing liniment, such as the Rheumatic Liniment, California Liniment, or Eclectic or Arnica Liniment, as mentioned in the Recipe Department of this work.

Also, the section on Cholera is about 12 pages, so I'm not copying it, but basically, for treatment, he says there are a number of treatments that can work sometimes. The main danger, he points out is diarrhea, and he has a number of potential treatments. A mixture with gum arabic can work. So can ground red pepper and salt in water. A Dutch doctor recommends sulphur. A mixture of spirits of camphor, spirits of turpentine and laudanum can work. Some recommend chloroform. Others, lead acetate. An army doctor recommends a gruel made from corn meal, along with a lot of water and ice. Ultimately, though, there's no one established treatment. Just try to keep them warm, hydrated, and treat the diarrhea, and they'll either die or recover.

BTW, disclaimer from me, even though I think everybody is smart enough to know this. Don't try the treatments in this book. See a real doctor. Especially don't eat lead acetate or drink turpentine or camphor. They will kill you. You want to drink a mixture of salt and red pepper in water, though, knock yourself out. It probably won't do much for your cholera.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 7, 2019

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Immobilize the joint Do this every time I don't care if the caravan becomes unable to move.

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
There is a distinct lack of epsom salts. Clearly, this has caused the game to turn on us. Continue onwards to the next trading post and remedy this!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Throw more alcohol at the problem, then continue manifesting our destiny full-speed ahead.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Exercise the joint. So when this game was made in the 90s, the right answer was probably immobilize the joint. However that all got thrown out and in 2019, you want to get exercising that joint as soon as possible so you dont lose range of motion and strength, or even worse, a frozen joint.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Joints are meant to be smoked, not exercised

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mechanical Ape posted:

Sacrifice a cow to Chalana Arroy.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
No, you fools, chalana arroy is the one you don't sacrifice cows to.

We should sacrifice all our clocks to her instead.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

NewMars posted:

No, you fools, chalana arroy is the one you don't sacrifice cows to.

We should sacrifice all our clocks to her instead.

Keep talking poo poo, you better watch your tula during Fire Season, bitch.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Listen, Chalana Arroy is a very busy goddess and a pacifist. If you want to get her attention you need to sacrifice something that matters and that means it's either clocks or the coffee mills.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Immobilize it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We must propitiate The Dread God Ahrrengee.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Amazingly, our travels manage to go smoothly for once after taking care of the sprain! We make it all the way past the Coast of Nebraska and stop at a creek.

But it looks like we only have about 45 pounds of dried vegetables left and no guarantee of how many forts or missions even exist in 1840, so it's time to forage!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

chitoryu12 posted:

Amazingly, our travels manage to go smoothly for once after taking care of the sprain! We make it all the way past the Coast of Nebraska and stop at a creek.

But it looks like we only have about 45 pounds of dried vegetables left and no guarantee of how many forts or missions even exist in 1840, so it's time to forage!

If we are counting from top-left clockwise (which is what I think we did last time?) keep 1,2, and 4.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Keep it all, eat the sunflowers if we can.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Eat everything, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

If we are counting from top-left clockwise (which is what I think we did last time?) keep 1,2, and 4.

Voting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm kinda surprised these things are in season...or have we reached May already?

Anyway, I'm feeling good with keeping 1 and 2, I don't trust the bottom 2 but I am also not an expert