Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

quote:

“Quite frankly, I’m surprised they ever thought @ScottiePippen lived anywhere, besides Michael Jordan’s shadow,” she wrote.

if theyre as good at parenting as they are at comedy then scottie may just have a point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/woman-busted-for-mcchicken-rage-assault-203718

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX10Phoenix/status/1135985034857345024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/06/04/florida-man-manslaughter-woman-shot-foreplay-gun/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

don't kinkshame please

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

If she didn't have a major injury before, she does now.:v:
I also appreciate how the helicopter crew give up and take off while she's still spinning madly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is why there are purpose built tools people! you don't build a house with a squeaky toy mallet and you don't roleplay with a killing people gun!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Eh, going off prematurely happens to every guy at some point.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
He looks like a time traveller

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I can't tell if this needs a comma in it so it doesn't sound like he was practicing foreplay on his gun

klugman
Jan 28, 2009

Splicer posted:

He looks like a time traveller

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1136343111922331653

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A safe that had stumped a museum for 40 years was opened by a lucky guess from a tourist.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

quote:

"I looked at the dial and I saw the numbers were running from 0 to 60. So I thought in my head 20-40-60. I did a particular combination which is three on the right, two on the left, and 1 on the right, tried the handle ... and it opened!"

lol how did no one in 40 years guess something that obvious

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

lol how did no one in 40 years guess something that obvious

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

The article said they were trying to get surgical castration and making the person pay for it, but settled for chemical castration. That's just taking antiandrogens. It can be stopped and the results reversed.
I'm a transwoman. I take antiandrogens. I still have a healthy sex drive. I have no idea the efficacy of chemical castration.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

No deed to Dracula's castle? Pfff, amatures.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Another, smaller safe

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I think more troubling is the idea that Alabama of all states should decide who gets sterilized.

Barry Bluejeans has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Jun 7, 2019

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think more troubling is that idea that Alabama of all states should decide who gets sterilized.

It sure is a conflicting article isn't it

Like a roller coaster ride of "Oh that's oh wait but oh that's wait no"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Burkion posted:

It sure is a conflicting article isn't it

Like a roller coaster ride of "Oh that's oh wait but oh that's wait no"

Reminds me far too strongly of the compulsory sterilization laws that got phased out by the 70s. Surprise, they were almost exclusively targeted at racial and sexual minorities.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So how long before some black 18yo that's having sex with his 17yo girlfriend gets sterilized? Or some black guy nude in his own house is reported by a neighbor and sterilized? Because I feel like that's what this is gonna become.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scathach posted:

So how long before some black 18yo that's having sex with his 17yo girlfriend gets sterilized? Or some black guy nude in his own house is reported by a neighbor and sterilized? Because I feel like that's what this is gonna become.

Welcome to Alabama

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

They've already got a list of literally everytime that's happened the past few years because Alabama.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Scathach posted:

Or two gay teenagers.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
chemical castration and sterilisation are two different things

i'm fairly certain there have been studies done that chemical castration has little effect on a child molesters desire to molest children anyway, the psychology behind why they do what they do isn't as simple as 'they were horny'

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ulex minor posted:

i'm fairly certain there have been studies done that chemical castration has little effect on a child molesters desire to molest children anyway, the psychology behind why they do what they do isn't as simple as 'they were horny'

This is true of all forms of rape fyi

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Spider bites Australian man on penis again

"Why Do All These HomosexualsSpiders Keep SuckingBiting My Cock?"

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

ulex minor posted:

A friend of mine used to work as a probation officer and I guess they had to read some horrifying case study about some dude decades ago who was castrated but still re-offended and brutally attacked a kid.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

ulex minor posted:

That sounds like a thing I heard in abnormal psych, yeah.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lakedaimon posted:

A friend of mine used to work as a probation officer and I guess they had to read some horrifying case study about some dude decades ago who was castrated but still re-offended and brutally attacked a kid.

There was also the guy Mike Huckabee let out because he was castrated and became a born again Christian who then raped and murdered someone.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

rodbeard posted:

There was also the guy Mike Huckabee let out because he was castrated and became a born again Christian who then raped and murdered someone.

Religious profiling works. :ironicat:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

ulex minor posted:

I've seen studies ranging from "it does nothing" to "It makes them a hell of a lot more likely to reoffend"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Spider bites Australian man on penis again

"Why Do All These HomosexualsSpiders Keep SuckingBiting My Cock?"

I think this just comes with being an Australian man

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Intoluene posted:

I've seen studies ranging from "it does nothing" to "It makes them a hell of a lot more likely to reoffend"

You've reminded me of an essay I read by Andrew Vachss in the early/mid 90s. Guy is lawyer who represent ONLY children and he's also a law guardian in New York (a lawyer appointed by the courts to only represent a child's interests in cases of abuse and/or neglect).

He's long argued that chemical (and even physical) castration does nothing to rehab an offender. They don't need working genitals to abuse someone. The sexual thrill is not from physical release it's all about wielding power.

I want to say the same essay he also lambastes aversion therapy as a way to "cure" sexual predation. I think it first was put forward as a way to deal with addiction cravings. What happens is the "urge" comes and they do something like snap a rubber band on their wrist. He talks about a case where a guy went through years of therapy and declared safe by his therapist to be in public. He also had his trusty rubber-band. A few weeks later, he was picked up lurking by a playground (which was a violation of his parole). A bunch of moms had called the cops because there was a sketchy guy just staring at the kids and machine gunning a rubber band on his wrist SNAPSNAPSNAPSNAP.

Anyhow, Vachss has VIEWS. He was on Oprah not long after she came out as a survivor of abuse at the hands of her uncle. He was publicly furious with her for saying she forgave her uncle when he ended up never suffering any real consequences. She asked him whether he believed in rehabilitation. He replied that in the case of child abuse he believed in retribution (but he's anti-death penalty). He's also very critical that a person smuggling in cigarettes from NJ into NY will get more prison time than a child rapist.

I admire the guy. I may not agree with everything he's said, but there's no denying he's made children his mission for decades and will never not say what he thinks.

Also, imagine being a child and getting told that THIS rough looking guy is going to listen to you and believe you and do everything in his power to protect you and only you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proteus Jones posted:

You've reminded me of an essay I read by Andrew Vachss in the early/mid 90s. Guy is lawyer who represent ONLY children and he's also a law guardian in New York (a lawyer appointed by the courts to only represent a child's interests in cases of abuse and/or neglect).

He's long argued that chemical (and even physical) castration does nothing to rehab an offender. They don't need working genitals to abuse someone. The sexual thrill is not from physical release it's all about wielding power.

I want to say the same essay he also lambastes aversion therapy as a way to "cure" sexual predation. I think it first was put forward as a way to deal with addiction cravings. What happens is the "urge" comes and they do something like snap a rubber band on their wrist. He talks about a case where a guy went through years of therapy and declared safe by his therapist to be in public. He also had his trusty rubber-band. A few weeks later, he was picked up lurking by a playground (which was a violation of his parole). A bunch of moms had called the cops because there was a sketchy guy just staring at the kids and machine gunning a rubber band on his wrist SNAPSNAPSNAPSNAP.

Anyhow, Vachss has VIEWS. He was on Oprah not long after she came out as a survivor of abuse at the hands of her uncle. He was publicly furious with her for saying she forgave her uncle when he ended up never suffering any real consequences. She asked him whether he believed in rehabilitation. He replied that in the case of child abuse he believed in retribution (but he's anti-death penalty). He's also very critical that a person smuggling in cigarettes from NJ into NY will get more prison time than a child rapist.

I admire the guy. I may not agree with everything he's said, but there's no denying he's made children his mission for decades and will never not say what he thinks.

Also, imagine being a child and getting told that THIS rough looking guy is going to listen to you and believe you and do everything in his power to protect you and only you.

Yeah, this dude loving owns

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.joemygod.com/2019/06/new-jersey-presbyterian-minister-accused-of-using-oral-sex-to-suck-out-mens-evil-during-ritual-exorcisms/

Presbyterian Minister Accused Of Using Oral Sex To Suck Out Men’s Evil During Ritual Exorcisms

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A veteran died in police custody. His body was returned missing the heart, throat, and brain.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

You could seduce some guys by offering to suck their evil out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The replies are on point: