Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I remember seeing NFL2k and being like "oh wow I didn't realize the players in Madden don't actually look like human beings lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I must have missed this at E3 last year but I guess the skateboarding game Session is coming to Xbox.

Still rocking Skate3 but it would be rad to try something a bit more modern.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Skate spoiled us, there's never going to be another skateboarding game worth a drat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Session is pretty decent, but they haven't released any builds in a while. It's supposed to go early access on steam sometime soon though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cojawfee posted:

Session is pretty decent, but they haven't released any builds in a while. It's supposed to go early access on steam sometime soon though.

Does it feel good and weighty? I am skeptical of "kick-started skate game" because I am worried it will feel like babby's first floaty unity game but with skateboards. Looking forward to checking it out if it feels good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Does it feel good and weighty? I am skeptical of "kick-started skate game" because I am worried it will feel like babby's first floaty unity game but with skateboards. Looking forward to checking it out if it feels good.

It feels pretty good. It's different mechanics from Skate. You turn with the triggers and the sticks control your feet. You hold the stick for your backfoot down to crouch down and then you flick the other stick for your front foot to ollie or kickflip or whatever. It takes some getting used to but it seems like it's a bit easier to control exactly what trick you intend to do. As opposed to thinking you're doing the right movement in Skate and then you just end up doing a shove-it. The kickstarter demo is floating around, you should check it out if you have a PC capable of running video games. The people making it are skateboarders, and they seem to want to make it as realistic as possible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cojawfee posted:

It feels pretty good. It's different mechanics from Skate. You turn with the triggers and the sticks control your feet. You hold the stick for your backfoot down to crouch down and then you flick the other stick for your front foot to ollie or kickflip or whatever. It takes some getting used to but it seems like it's a bit easier to control exactly what trick you intend to do. As opposed to thinking you're doing the right movement in Skate and then you just end up doing a shove-it. The kickstarter demo is floating around, you should check it out if you have a PC capable of running video games. The people making it are skateboarders, and they seem to want to make it as realistic as possible.

Right on, sounds like it'll be right up my alley. Hopefully they're smart enough to rip off a bunch of the stuff that gave Skate its staying power (most notably the robust video editing).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That sounds crazy as hell but Skate's controls sound crazy as hell too until you try it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
THPS2 was the last great skateboarding game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The dreamcast version really was tops, but if you like THPS better than Skate then you're not really asking for a skateboarding game in the first place anyway. It's like saying the best driving game is Twisted Metal.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The dreamcast version really was tops, but if you like THPS better than Skate then you're not really asking for a skateboarding game in the first place anyway. It's like saying the best driving game is Twisted Metal.

Wisdom.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Since we're talking Skate lemme run this by this thread and see if anyone agrees: Skate 1 is still worth playing.

There's a looseness and weight to the procedural animation of the tricks in that game that isn't really fully carried over to 2 and 3, things like board and tail slides especially feel more physics based. It's almost like someone was right on the verge of something brilliant there, animation-wise, but it got put aside when the game got real popular and needed a sequel asap. Plus I think the map is arguably the best in the series. It's still part of the game but grinds are a little more click-in and airs feel less momentum based.

I really do split my time between 1 and 3 and if some of the QOL and added tricks were ported back to 1 I wouldn't play anything else.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Skate 1 was really good, Skate 2 was better in many ways and then they went full tony hawk in 3. Instead of finding stuff to skate on, like you would in real life, literally every surface in Skate 3 is a skate park. I loaded it up when it went BC and it was really frustrating because there aren't any good skate spots, because everything is 500 ft long rails and super long slopes with 100 foot long planter boxes. Everything is meant for insane combos which makes it boring. It made me miss the school areas in Skate 1 and 2. There are a couple cool places in 3, but it just feels like a Tony Hawk level where I'm doing ollies 10 feet into the air and doing 200 foot jumps into canyons and whatever. I wish 1 and 2 were BC because they were great.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I skipped 2 but 3’s environment seems so stale and boring. There hardly any inspiration it seems.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I generally agree but I think skate2 is trash that I never feel like loading up. Skate 1 is just really dense with the places you're talking about, which seem like skate spots where you can just attack one little feature for really long stretches. 3 has them but they're very scattered.

The most brilliant thing they did in 3 was porting over the best transition area from 1: The DIY park.

The x-games-ish area in 3 is really good for street features.

Great now I need to go home and play the school, DIY park and X-games arena in Skate1.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

fartknocker posted:

NHL 19 is not terrible if you are looking for a hockey game but hadn’t played one in six or seven years. Like Madden or anything else EA Sports does, it’ll have pretty graphics, but the actual gameplay will be kinda meh and it’ll always feel far too easy or far too difficult and never quite like a real game. I don’t think they added any major new features to the game that really show up in Superstar or Franchise modes, so if you played one recently it’s basically just the usual roster/uniform kind of updated edition. It absolutely wasn’t worth paying for brand new when it came out, but not bad to try it out now a bit for free.

I never bought the NHL series as regularly as Madden (And even that I stopped getting a few years ago), but the last one I really enjoyed was NHL 14 on 360 because it was the last one with the old ESPN announcers (Gary Thorne and Bill Clement) and you could set your goal song from music on the hard drive, plus gameplay elements that have since been dropped (Superstar mode had interviews and silly endorsements, different equipment affecting ratings, among others).

Robin Hood and his Merry Men are up to it again!

really the biggest problem virtually every hockey game has is that it is not NHL 2k on the Dreamcast

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I bought Rainbow Six Deluxe on sale yesterday, and matching hasn't worked once. Other online games are working. Any ideas?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

I bought Rainbow Six Deluxe on sale yesterday, and matching hasn't worked once. Other online games are working. Any ideas?

Thats bizarre. All I got is powercycling the system to see if that fixes it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1135987091593191425

lol (it's real)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only body wash that makes you smell more like BO.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Eau d'Chiffres De Vente Dans Les Toilettes

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barudak posted:

Thats bizarre. All I got is powercycling the system to see if that fixes it.

Thanks, tried it but didn't work. I'm just redownloading the game to see if that works.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How do they not understand these partnerships make both parties look like dumbasses by now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm sure the general reaction a person would have is that it's funny/cool. Most people don't have brain worms from posting about video games on an internet forum for the last 15 years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its 100% an ad for moms who buy their sons body wash to not forget about xbox for any graduating middle schoolers

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Anybody have their Hitman 2 game day they don’t own any of the levels, despite owning and playing them? Just downloaded the game and it’s only 16gb, not the 80 it was before I uninstalled.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Do many people play Overwatch on the Bone? Was thinking about getting it on sale but it's a few years old now and looking at Twitch it seems most people that play it are on PC. Is it even worthwhile for someone new to jump into a game like that at this point in its life?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

Do many people play Overwatch on the Bone? Was thinking about getting it on sale but it's a few years old now and looking at Twitch it seems most people that play it are on PC. Is it even worthwhile for someone new to jump into a game like that at this point in its life?

I don't know how many people play it on the bone, but it's a game that you can just jump into. The only unlockables are cosmetic, so you're on even footing with everyone else aside from their knowledge of how the heroes work. It's definitely a game where you can just jump in, get a basic idea of how a hero works and do pretty well.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

Anybody have their Hitman 2 game day they don’t own any of the levels, despite owning and playing them? Just downloaded the game and it’s only 16gb, not the 80 it was before I uninstalled.

Each level is a DLC pack so make sure you have those too, the “base” is 16 gigs but only has the tutorial stuff in it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

SUNKOS posted:

Overwatch: Origins Edition was the 11th most played game on Xbox last week according to the TA Xbox gameplay chart, which gathers data from 1 million players.

So it's definitely not dead.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

univbee posted:

Each level is a DLC pack so make sure you have those too, the “base” is 16 gigs but only has the tutorial stuff in it.

I had the levels, even have save files from those levels, which I can see in game.

The only version on the store that comes with the levels is the gold edition. I can see said levels under that but you can only redeem a code or get them through Gold Edition.

Manage Games and Add-Ons does not show the levels as available. It’s literally as if they switched my version for the free to play one. Why the gently caress can’t they release a normal game instead of this episodic bullshit?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

I had the levels, even have save files from those levels, which I can see in game.

The only version on the store that comes with the levels is the gold edition. I can see said levels under that but you can only redeem a code or get them through Gold Edition.

Manage Games and Add-Ons does not show the levels as available. It’s literally as if they switched my version for the free to play one. Why the gently caress can’t they release a normal game instead of this episodic bullshit?

Something’s definitely hosed then. Did your episodes from your older install come from a disc or another account? Are they the first game’s “legacy” episodes, or the new locations for Hitman 2? Did you purchase the full Hitman 2 digitally? What happens if you look up the Standard edition?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
So my Xbone is stretched a ~bit~ beyond the limits of my TV horizontal/vertical. Some games let you adjust this. Is there a system-level way to adjust it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

So my Xbone is stretched a ~bit~ beyond the limits of my TV horizontal/vertical. Some games let you adjust this. Is there a system-level way to adjust it?

You probably want to figure out how to disable this for your TV (it’s called overscan). Possible weird solutions might include changing your “input” icon to PC (or renaming it PC), if no video options on your TV fix this.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

univbee posted:

Something’s definitely hosed then. Did your episodes from your older install come from a disc or another account? Are they the first game’s “legacy” episodes, or the new locations for Hitman 2? Did you purchase the full Hitman 2 digitally? What happens if you look up the Standard edition?

So there’s two versions of the standard game, plus the gold edition. One standard edition says I own it outright. The other standard edition says I can buy it (it’s on sale!) but it also says installed and I can launch it. Both have no dlc attached and are 16gb. The only thing on the page with those two versions is the pass.

The other version of Hitman 2, Gold, appears to have everything I did own, however this one just wants me to buy it.

I bought Hitman 2 at launch digitally, from the store, and had the entire game. All the missions from the training to the island off of Ireland.

I uninstalled the game months ago to save space and recently wanted to grab it back.

Suddenly the download is only 16gb (should be well over 60 for the X) and there is no dlc to manage under my games and add one.

I can see each individual level under the Gold but it says only redeemable by code or in the package.

It chafes my balls that Hitman had to become a games as service. Something so simple as “I own the game and can play game” is now mucked up in 9 different tversions of the game over three different packs.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fly Ricky posted:

Check the system setting on Xbox. Somewhere in video.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

So there’s two versions of the standard game, plus the gold edition. One standard edition says I own it outright. The other standard edition says I can buy it (it’s on sale!) but it also says installed and I can launch it. Both have no dlc attached and are 16gb. The only thing on the page with those two versions is the pass.

The other version of Hitman 2, Gold, appears to have everything I did own, however this one just wants me to buy it.

I bought Hitman 2 at launch digitally, from the store, and had the entire game. All the missions from the training to the island off of Ireland.

I uninstalled the game months ago to save space and recently wanted to grab it back.

Suddenly the download is only 16gb (should be well over 60 for the X) and there is no dlc to manage under my games and add one.

I can see each individual level under the Gold but it says only redeemable by code or in the package.

It chafes my balls that Hitman had to become a games as service. Something so simple as “I own the game and can play game” is now mucked up in 9 different tversions of the game over three different packs.

Yeah something’s hosed because if you paid money for an edition of Hitman 2 you should definitely have DLC that can be installed. The “base” has always been 16 gigs, but each level is like 6-9 gigs so adds up to 90 or whatever. At this point you should contact support.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Does anyone know the sample rate for a microphone to be recognized by the Xbox app on Win10?

All I want to do is listen to some chill music in party when we wait for matchmaking in the awful games we play together.

My setup works in discord, but joining the party via the app gives the microphone sample rate not supported.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fly Ricky posted:

RBX posted:

Check the system setting on Xbox. Somewhere in video.

Try adjusting your TV first, changing it on the Xbox should be a last resort as disabling overscan increases picture quality a great deal.

sellouts posted:

My setup works in discord, but joining the party via the app gives the microphone sample rate not supported.

Is microphone access enabled in the Windows privacy settings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Lambert posted:

Is microphone access enabled in the Windows privacy settings?

Yeah, my headset works. I can see the output has volume and is outputting -- setting that output as the input in xbox companion app sets it to "sample rate not supported"