Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/1136405851663585281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

funny how every brand has gone from pretending queer people dont exist to all-in on cashing in on pride within a decade but i dont seem to have noticed the same rate of corporate adoption of black history month

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
yass gotta get that #representation from boeing or whatever

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Shear Modulus posted:

funny how every brand has gone from pretending queer people dont exist to all-in on cashing in on pride within a decade but i dont seem to have noticed the same rate of corporate adoption of black history month

lgbtq people can still be rich and white, while black people cannot be rich and white

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

how many black ceo's are there

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dual income no kids lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah obergefell happened because someone finally convinced kennedy that gay people can also be rich and white

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

At least when Devitt did it he's actually got a record of not being a Transphobic rear end in a top hat

Unlike ronda

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peanut President posted:

how many black ceo's are there

https://www.theonion.com/report-whites-more-likely-to-be-named-ceos-than-equall-1819577569

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

https://twitter.com/LieMarvelous/status/1136413441818841091?s=20 nailed it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1135696870158868480?p=v

can any britgoons verify this poppy remembrance day thing my girlfriend who lived in london twenty years claims to have never heard of this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's a big thing in canada

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
yeah the poppy thing is big in aus, even to the point schools will have school kids selling poppies at the train station to raise money for a veterans charity

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1135696870158868480?p=v

can any britgoons verify this poppy remembrance day thing my girlfriend who lived in london twenty years claims to have never heard of this

It's extremely big. It's for World War 1 commemoration in November though, not this time of year over here.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

related crosspost from hot takes
https://twitter.com/mcimaps/status/...r%3D506%23pti18

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

when exactly have corporations pressured governments to adopt better lgbt policies

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Some Guy TT posted:

when exactly have corporations pressured governments to adopt better lgbt policies

Companies pulled poo poo out of NC over the bathroom bill and threatened to do the same in Texas over a bill that basically legalized discriminating against trans people

Comma because it was the smarter play than being poo poo on and losing sales themselves, not because they're allies

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

for a whole decade, pay attention. never mind their silence and outright hostility for decades prior

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Companies pulled poo poo out of NC over the bathroom bill
...which absolutely worked and caused the evangelicals in charge to change their mind

boycotts do not work

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so they were threatened with boycotts into doing something and that proves theyre allies ok

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TvUS6zlm3g

i love trying to make the US military woke by having it include gay feminist witches who fight terrorism

Over 70 years ago the Jews of Germany ended their persecution by making a deal. We vowed to to use our power to protect our Reich. Today, we are warriors on the front lines of the defense of the Fatherland.

lol, what an idiotic premise

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

so they were threatened with boycotts into doing something and that proves theyre allies ok
in fairness, there were some actual boycotts and not just threats. the NBA pulled the all-star game out of Charlotte after it passed, and i think the NCAA did with some of their events. that's just in sports but i knew there were more. the state of NY still refuses to send state employees there

but it still didn't work because you can't fight evangelical spite with anything other than spite of your own. we really need to demonize them as "political Christians" like the austrian government does with Muslims

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

steinrokkan posted:

Over 70 years ago the Jews of Germany ended their persecution by making a deal. We vowed to to use our power to protect our Reich. Today, we are warriors on the front lines of the defense of the Fatherland.

lol, what an idiotic premise

clearly, the people who are killing you because they believe your power is inherently wrong and tolerating you will lead to eternal damnation are just itching to cut a deal with you

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

get that OUT of my face posted:

"political Christians" like the austrian government does with Muslims

I mean, have you ever met an apolitical Christian?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/Uber/status/1135969716571443201

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Death to all carbon-based lifeforms.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Well thats a spicey one

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this link is broken for me an amusing admission that our corporate friends dont actually expect anyone to read any of this crap

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

can someone explain to me why asexual is a thing?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Business Gorillas posted:

gently caress off

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Probably because it is a real thing

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Because it is a thing

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

if there's people who wanna gently caress the same gender, the opposite gender, or both genders, it follows that there's people who wanna gently caress neither

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

asexuals are definitely a thing but i haven't yet seen a convincing argument they're a separate identity on par with lgbt. you just don't see the kind of structural oppressions that define those other categories, or at least i'm not aware of them.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’d say people make jokes about spinsters and stuff but that’s mostly sexism and it seems like many asexual people have partners anyway

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How can you say asexuals don't exist when your parents exist? Can you imagine your ma and dad ever having or wanting to have sex!?!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

asexuals are definitely a thing but i haven't yet seen a convincing argument they're a separate identity on par with lgbt. you just don't see the kind of structural oppressions that define those other categories, or at least i'm not aware of them.

does being lgbt or on par with them require facing a lot of structural oppression and discrimination? that's a serious question, i wouldn't say it does. i feel like i hear similar things about bi people a lot too. anyway, one thing asexuals do have in common with them is lots of people just thinking they're mentally ill and need treatment for their "disease".

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

i will not immediately deny you the right to rank peoples sexual orientations according to hardships suffered, but may i inquire what you will use the ranking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

asexuality is definitely a thing, but from where i'm standing it's more of a curiosity to most people (if they've heard of it) than something that attracts structural oppression