Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Republicans posted:

Nope, he just did the stuff with the AoC.

Poor guy, forever relegated to Dz spawning after one raid night. Also; who are you on mangler? Don’t recognize your name as being in the SA discord but I’m Fester. I also didn’t pay attention to which bard won those drums apparently.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

onesixtwo posted:

Poor guy, forever relegated to Dz spawning after one raid night. Also; who are you on mangler? Don’t recognize your name as being in the SA discord but I’m Fester. I also didn’t pay attention to which bard won those drums apparently.

I play as Roean, dunno if I ever joined the SA discord since I'm already in a couple dozen SA discords I never look at.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I made it to 35! PermaFrost snowball camp sucks, glacial polar bear camp sucks, camping sucks.

Could t get evil-eye bag before leveling past LGuk Bedroom, guess I'll have to buy one.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

I decided to get my nostalgia on via EverQuest, and started to bounce around on Selo last night - I tried two-boxing a magician and enchanter, and kept getting rocked (no pets yet, so that’s probably why), so I’ve been fiddling with a more classic monk/shaman duo. Any must-haves for UI tweaks, add-ons, etc...? Is Selo a good choice for a server?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I made it to 35! PermaFrost snowball camp sucks, glacial polar bear camp sucks, camping sucks.

Could t get evil-eye bag before leveling past LGuk Bedroom, guess I'll have to buy one.

EE bag spawns over on live side, and is real easy to run by as it’s the only thing it drops without any adds. Also a Br group pulling far enough into live they are getting EE should have found a deeper camp.

The Supplier’s light burlap sack is the rarer one out of rear end/sup camp.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

I decided to get my nostalgia on via EverQuest, and started to bounce around on Selo last night - I tried two-boxing a magician and enchanter, and kept getting rocked (no pets yet, so that’s probably why), so I’ve been fiddling with a more classic monk/shaman duo. Any must-haves for UI tweaks, add-ons, etc...? Is Selo a good choice for a server?

I would recommend mangler if you want nostalgia, Selos started on Luclin and unlocks a new expac monthly. Mangler started in vanilla, is on 3 month unlocks, and Kunark comes out June 5 I wanna day.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

onesixtwo posted:

I would recommend mangler if you want nostalgia, Selos started on Luclin and unlocks a new expac monthly. Mangler started in vanilla, is on 3 month unlocks, and Kunark comes out June 5 I wanna day.

Oh, good call - thank you. :)

Melum
Oct 14, 2012

My primary reason in going Selo is to see content I missed, quickly and efficiently. It’s very good at this. If I wanted to explore older content more thoroughly, Mangler would definitely have an advantage.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6918

Extended Target window is now live on TLPs (for levels 20+ for some reason?). I haven't messed around with this before, but it seems pretty drat convenient for raids / enchanters / boxers in general.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 15, 2019

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

My shaman is level 43.

I've farmed all my gear myself; finished all totemic except for chest and helm. Farmed an Ebon War Spear for my weapon. I solo farmed supplier and evil eye bags. Got my innoruk deity neck. Things are pretty chill.

46 is coming up fast. Any suggestions for raid guilds on mangler so I can get in on that sweet, sweet DKP?

E: also, I've got about 3k platinum saved up; should I start buying resist gear or don't worry about it?

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 16, 2019

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

My shaman is level 43.

I've farmed all my gear myself; finished all totemic except for chest and helm. Farmed an Ebon War Spear for my weapon. I solo farmed supplier and evil eye bags. Got my innoruk deity neck. Things are pretty chill.

46 is coming up fast. Any suggestions for raid guilds on mangler so I can get in on that sweet, sweet DKP?

E: also, I've got about 3k platinum saved up; should I start buying resist gear or don't worry about it?

I am a class lead in kursed. Can message kygo in game. We are still growing but have experienced raid leaders and doing more and more. We specifically need shaman. Last night knocked out maestro in hate with 40 people with no deaths. Each raid we have one or two more people. So once we get to around fifty feel like we can really start doing any content. We currently have I think one shaman. So you'd not really be competing with anyone for gear.

We raid Monday Tuesday Thursday 830 est.

Feel free to pm me here or on eq.

Also do an app at the site if you're interested just so you're on the site for dkp tracking.

https://kursed.enjin.com/

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

My shaman is level 43.

Hit me up in-game on Blaine or Wobbles. Wobbles is my 43 shaman that I geared up through a combination of farming and buying stuff so I can definitely help there. What time zone are you in? That will make a big difference in what guild you'll want to apply to. I wouldn't worry about resist gear too much as a shaman, you can wall most of the aoe's in classic. I'd focus more on +wis/mana items that will give good return like Charred Guardian Shield or Platinum Ruby Veil.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

Melum posted:

My primary reason in going Selo is to see content I missed, quickly and efficiently. It’s very good at this. If I wanted to explore older content more thoroughly, Mangler would definitely have an advantage.

I decided to stick it out on Selo, and currently have a 17 cleric, 15 magician, 14 monk, and an enchanter/druid combo that I started last night - in a “what’s fun” alt melange. :) I’ve always wanted to try bard, but I keep reading about how bards aren’t great for duoing - is the fun factor of a bard worth the extra work?

Also, does it make sense to sell a Krono for plat to be able to fund equipment purchases? I see shouts about it, but I don’t know if they actually sell well or not.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bards are awesome

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

I decided to stick it out on Selo, and currently have a 17 cleric, 15 magician, 14 monk, and an enchanter/druid combo that I started last night - in a “what’s fun” alt melange. :) I’ve always wanted to try bard, but I keep reading about how bards aren’t great for duoing - is the fun factor of a bard worth the extra work?

Also, does it make sense to sell a Krono for plat to be able to fund equipment purchases? I see shouts about it, but I don’t know if they actually sell well or not.

Bard's DPS is just a bit lower than other melee, their charm only lasts a min. So they are do-able, just slower. They are a ton of fun though and super versatile.

Krono go for about 5k on manglers, easy to buy on other sites for on the cheap. I'm not sure if we are allowed to mention which sites on here or not.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don’t wanna just plug the SA EQ discord as your grey market question hub but we do pretty frequently discuss multi boxing tools that aren’t 100% legit, and have had some buying and selling take place so always a good spot to ask if we aren’t supposed to share player auction sites.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Leveling a druid is great because they are great for leveling the other classes you actually want to play. If you mean 4 box, you probably want an enchanter. Enchanter buffs are the game changing ones for grouping (mana regen mostly). You can go to PoK and get a kei, but having your own is better in case you die/wipe.

Honestly anything works. I did pal/brd for a while and while limited to things like ssra mines, you make it work.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

FranktheBank posted:

Leveling a druid is great because they are great for leveling the other classes you actually want to play. If you mean 4 box, you probably want an enchanter. Enchanter buffs are the game changing ones for grouping (mana regen mostly). You can go to PoK and get a kei, but having your own is better in case you die/wipe.

Honestly anything works. I did pal/brd for a while and while limited to things like ssra mines, you make it work.

I hadn’t considered more than a 2-box given the TrueBox requirement of Selo, but I might do 3 at some point. Planning to start a bard to box tonight and see how well it pairs with my enchanter.

Druid feels a bit underpowered at the moment, although I’m pretty sure that’s due to level (6) rather than the class itself. I’ve been hanging out in Kelethin/Crushbone with the enchanter/druid combo for the last couple of nights, and it just feels slower to level than the monk/cleric combo.

Think next up may be a tank class to go with the bard - lots of love for SK online, but I’m a bit more tempted to go warrior.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

I hadn’t considered more than a 2-box given the TrueBox requirement of Selo, but I might do 3 at some point. Planning to start a bard to box tonight and see how well it pairs with my enchanter.

Druid feels a bit underpowered at the moment, although I’m pretty sure that’s due to level (6) rather than the class itself. I’ve been hanging out in Kelethin/Crushbone with the enchanter/druid combo for the last couple of nights, and it just feels slower to level than the monk/cleric combo.

Think next up may be a tank class to go with the bard - lots of love for SK online, but I’m a bit more tempted to go warrior.

Once you get charm with the enchanter things will pick up a ton!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
If you are okay 2 boxing and want to 3 box, just make a bard for 3rd box and ezpz

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

I’d caution against an enchanter on selo if you plan to play longer than a couple of months. Due to the speed of expansion unlocks, enchanter charm becomes worthless quite soon.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

Tai posted:

I’d caution against an enchanter on selo if you plan to play longer than a couple of months. Due to the speed of expansion unlocks, enchanter charm becomes worthless quite soon.

Understood - thanks for the note. I’ve never played enchanter before, and stopped playing just after PoP came out originally.

Tried bard last night, and results were ..mixed. Think I’m going to stick with the magician and cleric for awhile.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bards feel kinda crummy until you start getting better songs like snare/slow, mana, half decent haste and dots. They really start to shine in PoP when they get fade and can start pulling as safely as monks can.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Republicans posted:

Bards feel kinda crummy until you start getting better songs like snare/slow, mana, half decent haste and dots. They really start to shine in PoP when they get fade and can start pulling as safely as monks can.

Second this. They really start to shinestop feeling crummy in the 20s and then by the 30s you're constantly holding an instrument.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I played a ton of EQ1 back in the day, then three-boxed with Goon Rush on EQ Test. Looking to play a fresh set of characters in EQ again, not sure what the best way is. Does Test still have benefits like EXP boosts and expansions? What's the preferred software for two or three-boxing now?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Atoramos posted:

I played a ton of EQ1 back in the day, then three-boxed with Goon Rush on EQ Test. Looking to play a fresh set of characters in EQ again, not sure what the best way is. Does Test still have benefits like EXP boosts and expansions? What's the preferred software for two or three-boxing now?

Depends on if you want to just experience the expansions by yourself at your own leisure or if you want the nostalgia of going back to Classic era. If you just want to see all the expansions and play casually by yourself, you could do Vox or Test Server. But if you want the nostalgia and to group with a bunch of people as you level, I would recommend the Mangler TLP. There is going to be an exp boost this weekend so its def a good time to try and catch up before Kunark expansion unlocks in about a week. Population is quite high as well and lots of players to group with at all levels.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Keep in mind Mangler is true box so you either need multiple computers or deal with VM shenanigans if you want to box.

Edit: Just want you all to know I've now won both a Cloak of Flames and an Amulet of Necropotence. As someone in my guild said, I've won classic. :)

Republicans fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 24, 2019

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Krono it out and reroll. That's how you win classic.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
House of Thule is pretty loving fun. A lot of really cool zones too.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Heard EoE has packed up shop (no one logs in). Confirm deny

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I did 1 - 38 on Selo's yesterday... me on shaman, friends on ranger/monk.

Kinda fun, will probably stick it out to 65 but I don't know about grinding AAs. We did PC -> NL -> Outside Karnnor's -> KC and then I fell asleep.

What is the shaman rotation? I'm levelling so fast I hope I'm not missing anything..

-Pet Spell

-Talisman + Stat buffs

-Poison/Disease DoTs... are they all good?

-Slow

-Haste

I missing anything here? On p99, it was better to canni // sit alternately.. does that still exist on daybreak live?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Elephunk posted:

I did 1 - 38 on Selo's yesterday... me on shaman, friends on ranger/monk.

Kinda fun, will probably stick it out to 65 but I don't know about grinding AAs. We did PC -> NL -> Outside Karnnor's -> KC and then I fell asleep.

What is the shaman rotation? I'm levelling so fast I hope I'm not missing anything..

-Pet Spell

-Talisman + Stat buffs

-Poison/Disease DoTs... are they all good?

-Slow

-Haste

I missing anything here? On p99, it was better to canni // sit alternately.. does that still exist on daybreak live?

Slow is #1. But the faster mobs die, the less effective it is, and the more you'll monopolize your mana as opposed to just healing without slow.

DoTs are mostly for soloing. The disease dot lasts a long time and is harder to land / uses a different resist debuff. The poison is easier to lander, lasts ~42 seconds and uses poison resist (obvi) that is debuffed by the mala line.

Haste is good. Talisman is good. Stat buffs are good if you haven't hit hard cap. Don't forget regen/chloroplast on tank and yourself and never stop cannibalizing

Pet is fun, free dps but isn't very effective and not mana efficient if it keeps dying.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Tai posted:

Heard EoE has packed up shop (no one logs in). Confirm deny

Denied. Had some lower numbers for Convorteum towards the end of the expansion, but we still mostly fill raids. Some issues getting going with HoT due to Memorial Day and some people on finals, but we're still going. I'm pretty sure the issue is is that we're all mostly anonymous now.

Plenty of room for mains that want to gear up quick though, particularly looking for shaman.

nazutul
Jul 12, 2006
Lemme tell you something, boy
I've been thinking about getting back into this. I had a 50s dwarf cleric back in about summer of 2011. Is the raiding community pretty good? Would I be able to get my account back?

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
You can get your account back probably. Depends on what you want to do.

Do you want to do a tlp or live?

If you wanna do live I have no advice because haven't done it in to long. But for tlp mangler is pretty solid right now. About to get kunark in a few weeks. Mangler is on three month expansion release schedule. Pretty fast xp.

On mangler there are a variety of good guilds. High end like mess and magic and melee. Then others more casual. I am personally in kursed. We raid Monday Tuesday Thursday 8:30 est. If you're interested tell kygo in game.

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug
Kunark launches next Wednesday (June 5th) on Mangler btw: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Mangler

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Man is kunark exp slow. 4 hours is a level and a quarter in seb crypt with an exp pot running. Cash camp sure but drat.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

onesixtwo posted:

Man is kunark exp slow. 4 hours is a level and a quarter in seb crypt with an exp pot running. Cash camp sure but drat.

Yah I was thinking this same thing. Felt like I grinded a good amount yesterday and am only 60% into 51.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Stop levelling in seb. It’s a terrible zone unless you are at jugs with a high DPS group. Go to Chardok. It’s far superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Tai posted:

Stop levelling in seb. It’s a terrible zone unless you are at jugs with a high DPS group. Go to Chardok. It’s far superior.

I think Howling Stones also has a good ZEM.