Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I haven't played a single mayhem game in D2 and i intend to keep it that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Personally I'm kinda disappointed we're getting yet another Hive expansion. They've been run into the ground at this point and it's irritating to hear the game keep fellating them over how they're so much cooler than us and everyone else after we've kicked their asses at least 5 campaigns now. I at least really liked how Calus poo poo-talked them in the new lore.

I get where you’re coming from, interesting Hive lore peaked in TTK and even though we have a couple loose threads to tie up with Savathun and Xivu Arath it’s hard to feel like there’s any tangible threats left. There’s going to be a bunch of missions/strikes where Ikora or Eris talks in our ears about this horrifying new threat unlike any we’ve ever seen before and it’ll be like a two headed ogre or something.

The faction most deserving of an actual good expansion is the Vex imho. All the black garden/vault of glass stuff was awesome as hell, and ever since then all they’ve done is had their poo poo stolen by different races and the garbage nonsense of Osiris.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

I haven't played a single mayhem game in D2 and i intend to keep it that way

It sucks rear end. Aggressively unfun. Put it in the bin.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The crux of the problem being discussed here: Team Deathmatch ain't fun.

They need to do some more fun labs-style stuff to mix it up. Whether that's moving the payload or something like "all players have the same three exotic guns, they rotate weekly, go wild". Just make some queues outside boring rear end serious faced DM.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mayhem was a stupid fun diversion in D1, but in D2 there's a few standout supers that just completely ruin any chance for it to be fun.

With the latest update it might be better, but I doutbt it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess Fist o' Havoc's one of them now because I almost always win by playing as the Hulk lol

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Honestly the worst part about this game is when I step away for a few months and then come back, everything’s been changed around and I have no idea what to do. Like what’s the progression like right now I last played during Forsaken.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LeafyOrb posted:

Honestly the worst part about this game is when I step away for a few months and then come back, everything’s been changed around and I have no idea what to do. Like what’s the progression like right now I last played during Forsaken.

They changed it 100% after the activision split. Now you just do patrols all week to get to level cap.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

LeafyOrb posted:

Like what’s the progression like right now I last played during Forsaken.

You get a pimp cup and as you add more jewels to it and earn more cashmoney, you get better bling.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

Do you know how to shoot guns? Do things with gold stars on them? Then you know all you need to know.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so for the Menagerie, you collect the different runes for the gun you want, then at the end you open the chest to get the gun?

does whether or not you beat every section in time matter?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
MAKE SURE you unlock Power and Efficiency II before anything else

It gives passive Imperial gain

Otherwise you're limited in how much Imperial you can get per week

Get it first. If you already picked something, get it second

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Can you unlock that from doing the werner bounties?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, you get imperials from them. If any of the unlocks say “quest progress required” do why the invitation says first

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

MAKE SURE you unlock Power and Efficiency II before anything else

It gives passive Imperial gain

Otherwise you're limited in how much Imperial you can get per week

Get it first. If you already picked something, get it second

This guy gets it.

I almost have enough Imperials to unlock Rune Compatibility II, only 500 or 1000 off. Gonna get that and III, then unlock the ability to plug them in. By them time I get there, I'll have enough runes to start crafting the new weapons in bulk.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I just put in the first rune because it told me too (the smg one)

and then I opened the chest at the end so it's gone

did i gently caress up

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I get where you’re coming from, interesting Hive lore peaked in TTK and even though we have a couple loose threads to tie up with Savathun and Xivu Arath it’s hard to feel like there’s any tangible threats left. There’s going to be a bunch of missions/strikes where Ikora or Eris talks in our ears about this horrifying new threat unlike any we’ve ever seen before and it’ll be like a two headed ogre or something.

The faction most deserving of an actual good expansion is the Vex imho. All the black garden/vault of glass stuff was awesome as hell, and ever since then all they’ve done is had their poo poo stolen by different races and the garbage nonsense of Osiris.

The Fallen were Central antagonists in Vanilla D1, House of Wolves, Rise of Iron, and Forsaken
The Fallen have gotten a lot of good stuff and they don't wear out their welcome as fast because the universe acknowledges that they're small-time and they've been upgraded twice, though the Scorn were great and much needed to keep them fresh they were rendered irrelevant in their own expansion, and SIVA has been memory-holed. The Scorn/SIVA could stand to be secondary antagonists in another expansion or whatever, but they really only need to just keep the 3 Fallen groups shuffled in every now and then.

The Cabal were main antagonists in vanilla D2 and nothing else. The Cabal were essentially nonexistent in vanilla D1 and barely got anything more with TTK. They got one big story and upgrade with vanilla D2 but really nothing since. Calus has what might be the best lore in the game but other than they have nothing, and the crumbs of possibly cool stuff from D1 was all retconned away by D2. They could stand an upgrade both gameplay wise (Since they've got nothing since vanilla D2) and some good lore besides Calus.

The Hive have been central antagonist in vanilla D1, Dark Below, Taken King, Warmind, Forsaken, and now Shadowkeep. In all this time the only changes they've gotten have been exploding Thralls and occasionally a Knight will have a shield. They are in massive need of an upgrade gameplay wise. Conversely story wise they're played out. They've been made to be utter losers yet the story insists that they're cooler than us (despite us defeating the Hive stronger than all the other Hive) or any of the other villains. They have Calus level awesome lore from Dark Below and TTK but have fizzled out since then as I assume Bungie tries and fails to recapture that magic. They need to be put out to pasture story-wise since their story has gone as far as it can.

The Vex were central antagonists in vanilla D1 and Curse of Osiris. They have had no upgrades at all and sorely need them. Lore wise they got some primo stuff in Vanilla and good tidbits throughout the rest of D1's lifespan. Then CoO came and retcons their lore into garbage in addition to being a garbage expansion. They sorely need a lore reboot to bring back the original "Non-Linear Religious Robots" angle. I understand you already basically said this but since I did the other three I needed to be a completionist.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

I just put in the first rune because it told me too (the smg one)

and then I opened the chest at the end so it's gone

did i gently caress up

No you gotta do that one (Power and Efficiency I) first.

Just make sure you buy Power and Efficiency II as soon as you've got the dough

(do the 4 imperial bounties, open the chests on the barge, complete triumphs, etc.)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brah this quest for the robot is pretty annoying

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This is my six month check in is destiny 2 good yet

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Donovan Trip posted:

It's been good for 12+ months and will get even better in september.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Donovan Trip posted:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Menagerie seems fun. Probably be a lot better when I get my weapons and light to where it should be.

Shame there's no new crucible maps.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Donovan Trip posted:

Maybe

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's my hot take: Destiny 2 is better than Destiny 1 now.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Roman posted:

Here's my hot take: Destiny 2 is better than Destiny 1 in september 2019

Fixed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

Here's my hot take: Destiny 2 is better than Destiny 1 now.

It has grown fat

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

when you put them both on a scale and subtract nostalgia for specific things, you can make the case that it's better right now.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
vex and cabal are most fun to shoot and kill

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I dont know where the "we want more races of bad guys" thing comes from the game already suffers enough from a lack of focus with having 4 different alien races plotting to end all life as we know it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Im up to 730 now, if I can get 4 clears of reckoning that will jump me 2-3 more as my helmet is my lowest by far. 731 is a breakpoint for the last boss in the raid, right

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

I dont know where the "we want more races of bad guys" thing comes from the game already suffers enough from a lack of focus with having 4 different alien races plotting to end all life as we know it.

Same reason people get mad about reused armor models and reused settings. AAA games NEED NEVER BEFORE SEEN ORIGINALITY EVERY TIME or customers are being ripped off by lazy exploitave developers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Emron posted:

Im up to 730 now, if I can get 4 clears of reckoning that will jump me 2-3 more as my helmet is my lowest by far. 731 is a breakpoint for the last boss in the raid, right

That's some serious poopsocking

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

I spent the two weeks before release prepping (finishing bounties, getting quests almost done), and took Wednesday off. I followed that picture guide from earlier in the thread, and basically ran everything on my first char, did frames, did everything on my second char, did frames, and now am working on my third.

I would be a lot higher if I hadn't gotten hosed by getting 6-7 weapons in a row out of my first powerfuls on my last character (which were wasted since the average light was below what those weapons already were). Some of my friends are at 737-738. I think after a scourge and LW run we will all be pretty high up.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Listen, my bathroom is, like, RIGHT THERE.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You would be 735 EASY if you had your mom bring you fresh socks.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
so you just toss the socks into the tub when they're full? smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The modern gaming goon has moved on from pooping in socks to just pooping on the floor, regardless of what's happening.