Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We're all camgirls now. :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ditocoaf posted:

This poo poo won't be pre-installed in the houses of the very rich, and/or influential. Privacy won't cease to exist, but it might become prohibitively expensive.

this is exactly how it’s gonna work

soon more money will buy you less technology

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SlothfulCobra posted:

The real downside is that you have people who instead of being destroyed by scandal, they just publicly bond with eachother over how terrible they are, like how all the rapists and molesters sure seem to support eachother and a slew of people literally got elected by pandering hard to nazis.

Because some people's horrible secrets are not relatable to you, but it turns out that there is a sizable chunk of the population who are totally onboard. When the horrible secrets stop having to be secret, something has gone very wrong.

—Chuds, speaking on the gay agenda

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

vyelkin posted:

my secret hope is that millennials' insane levels of irony and meme humour is paving the road for a future where amazon tries to blackmail a politician by releasing their sex audio recorded by alexa and the politician's response is "yeah i eat rear end so what" and then they're reelected with 69% of the vote

This pretty much happened already

Dude bragged into a hot mic about sexually assaulting women while using an especially profane word for vagina. The media acted all shocked but it turns out nobody cares

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Ditocoaf posted:

This poo poo won't be pre-installed in the houses of the very rich, and/or influential. Privacy won't cease to exist, but it might become prohibitively expensive.

yup, apple might end up being the privacy company for the rich, or maybe that will be someone else. either way it's coming.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

yup, apple might end up being the privacy company for the rich, or maybe that will be someone else. either way it's coming.

that's been part of apple's brand for several years now

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

that's been part of apple's brand for several years now

And they still they attract so many young male morons who want to make it in media or the arts.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Dude bragged into a hot mic about sexually assaulting women while using an especially profane word for vagina. The media acted all shocked but it turns out nobody cares

“Pussy” is just normal profane.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Why, exactly, would someone care if the only candidate representing their interests was a total shitlord? If some candidate told me the only things they do are gently caress children and kill the bourgeoisie, well, I guess I'm voting for the pedophile.

The only thing horrible personal traits do is alienate undecideds and in a two party, highly polarized system like ours there simply isn't room to switch sides. Your guy is your guy, lovely person or not.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

LastInLine posted:

Why, exactly, would someone care if the only candidate representing their interests was a total shitlord? If some candidate told me the only things they do are gently caress children and kill the bourgeoisie, well, I guess I'm voting for the pedophile.

yeah, but you know when he's elected he'll just gently caress a lot of children and not guillotine any bourgeoisie

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redleader posted:

yeah, but you know when he's elected he'll just gently caress a lot of children and not guillotine any bourgeoisie

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Schools Are Deploying Massive Digital Surveillance Systems. The Results Are Alarming

quote:

Florida offers a glimpse of where it all may head: Lawmakers there are pushing for a state database that would combine individuals' educational, criminal justice, and social-service records with their social media data, then share it all with law enforcement.

good luck shoving this genie back in the bottle

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/picardonhealth/...er%3D53%23pti19

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

vyelkin posted:

i dont want a world where instead of goatse people trick you by redirecting you to alexa audio of somebody like ted cruz having sex

It’d prolly sound like that turtle sex video so you’d just confuse people as to why old YouTube conte t was playing during their barbecue.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

j
f
c

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

wtf even

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there a non sky news source

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i thought for sure that this was gonna be some kinda device you used to vape outta someone else's hole

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Tollymain posted:

is there a non sky news source

how about this
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/mar/03/contaminated-blood-scandal-thousands-haemophiliacs-died-simon-hattenstone

look for the part about treloar college

also, even if you don't click through to the article, read these parts anyway

quote:

In one particularly callous memo, written in March 1985, an official discusses data suggesting that 40% of those infected with HIV by contaminated blood products will go on to develop Aids and die (a vast underestimate, as it turned out). While acknowledging the “strong cost-benefit plus”, in terms of lives saved, of taking steps to prevent the remainder of the haemophiliac population becoming infected with Aids, the memo points out that if the anticipated number of infected haemophiliacs’ deaths is reached, this will be financially advantageous. “Of course, the maintenance of the life of a haemophiliac is itself expensive, and I am very much afraid that those who are already doomed will generate savings which more than cover the cost of testing blood donations.”

That document does not surprise Goodyear. “We were constantly reminded how much we cost. As a child I knew how much factor VIII cost because I was always reminded by doctors. It was around £7,000 a year at the time, about £20,000 today. It was drummed into us how much we cost the state, and how much could be saved if we weren’t here.” Goodyear says many doctors made it clear they believed haemophiliacs were not worth the money spent on them. “A doctor in the 70s once said to my dad, ‘The best thing for haemophiliacs would be to let them all go because it’s a terrible condition.’”

quote:

Bit by bit, over the past 28 years, Colin’s parents have been piecing together the full story. Three years after his death they discovered he had hepatitis C as well as Aids. Documents have since been disclosed that show Professor Bloom, who died in 1992, had been fully aware all along of the risk of hepatitis from contaminated factor products. In January 1982, more than a year before Bloom treated Colin, he and his then boss at the Oxford haemophilia centre wrote to all the centres in the country, telling them new preparations of factor VIII were going to be processed through heat treatment, “to reduce the risk of transmitting hepatitis B and non-A non-B”. (Seven years later, hepatitis non-A non-B became known as hepatitis C.) They explained that initial batches had been tested on chimpanzees but “it is unlikely the manufacturers will be able to guarantee this form of quality control for future batches… It is therefore very important to find out by studies in human beings to what extent the infectivity of the various concentrates has been reduced. The most clear-cut way of doing this is by administering those concentrates to patients requiring treatment who have not been previously exposed to large pool concentrates.”

The acronym used was Pups – previously untreated patients. They were in effect being experimented on. A year after writing this letter, Bloom became director of the Cardiff haemophilia centre, where Colin was one of his pups.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jesus Christ thats just Tuskogee

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

good thing we beat the nazis in ww2

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lol

capitalism

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

more like crapitalism

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's also a documentary on a set of triplets who were all separated at birth in another secret study.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/nov/28/three-identical-strangers-review-triplets-research-tim-wardle

The Guardian posted:

The awful truth is that the boys were separated deliberately, as were many other sets of adoptive twins (though no other adoptive triplets that we know about) at the behest of distinguished psychologist Peter B Neubauer, who had instituted a secret research project to get to the bottom of the nature-versus-nurture debate.
Advertisement

His findings were never published and the identities of the “private Washington charities” who bankrolled this creepy scheme remain a mystery.

Maybe don't do huge life-changing things to small children without any consent or disclosure.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's also a documentary on a set of triplets who were all separated at birth in another secret study.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/nov/28/three-identical-strangers-review-triplets-research-tim-wardle

Maybe don't do huge life-changing things to small children without any consent or disclosure.

an austrian-born* doctor who emigrated to the US in 1941 and conducted unethical and inhumane studies of questionable scientific value on Jewish twins and triplets

the writers really are falling back on some contrived stereotypes this season

*yeah, I know the guardian says he's Swiss. the guardian is wrong

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

quote:

A year later, though, Securly also began offering "sentiment analysis" of students' social media posts, looking for signs they might be victims of cyberbullying or self-harm.

In 2016, the company expanded that analysis to students' school email accounts, monitoring all messages sent over district networks. It also created an "emotionally intelligent" app that sends parents weekly reports and automated push notifications detailing their children's internet searches and browsing histories, according to a presentation delivered at the conference.

• Training kids how to avoid cyber surveillance.
  • Traumatizing kids with active shooter drills.
  • Teaching kids that climate change will kill all humans.
  • Teaching kids how to work as a team in Fortnite.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the ultimate team of guerrilla warbuildfighters will be developed, able to erect a base in moments and 360noscope troops through dense jungle as a reflex while experiencing intense ptsd

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Alternatively, creating an entire generations worth of panic attacked foulmouthed asocial gamers who wouldn't win a war against vietnamese people. (Also.)
Honestly I think we are all still underestimating just how good the Vietnamese are at this.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Alternatively, creating an entire generations worth of panic attacked foulmouthed asocial gamers who wouldn't win a war against vietnamese people. (Also.)
Honestly I think we are all still underestimating just how good the Vietnamese are at this.

if they're so good at winning wars then how come they haven't invaded us yet *taps watch expectantly*

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1136685959871979520

it's worse than it sounds:

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1136048881047785472

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Don't you DARE disrespect the legend that managed to secure @fart like that!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
did hendren become a juggalo?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

our most embarrassing alumni

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I suspect this image may be intended to be humorous

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

smash mouth ate the friggen eggs though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

did hendren become a juggalo?

he's started deleting all of his old tweets so there's now no way to even know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

Disney paid $4 billion to have immediate access to all of these people as a market, I will never, ever have sympathy for them having to deal with dorks like these.

They deserve every fan going crazy at them because that's what they bought.

At least they aren't TVIV mod material?

Also lol how some of the things in the tourist trap gift shop cost thousands of dollars.