Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

mods???????

Accept wooloo. All is wooloo.

https://twitter.com/verlibird/status/1136380102839656450

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Sword-sheep > Sword-dog imo

https://twitter.com/chibolts/status/1136432721138540544

https://twitter.com/dannalan2707/status/1136638840284897280

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The naming logic for the new Legendaries makes some sense now. Za-cyan for Sword and Za-magenta for Shield and it matches their lower bodies. It's also their name in Japanese as it tends to be nowadays. Presumably that means that they plan for a third one whose name will sound like Za-yellow (Zahielo or something).

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Zuzie posted:

Am I the only one who isn't completely enamored by Wooloo?
There are a couple of you outliers, but what you have to understand is-

Zuzie posted:

Its adorable yes, ... it's a regular old sheep...
Wait, no, you seem to have grasped it. Maybe take another look?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I have never understood when people point out Trubbish for bad designs, citing is as a pile of trash. They've always made Pokemon out of inanimate objects, so why single that one out in particular?

The problem I have with some of the gen V Pokemon is that they were given needless evolution lines though. Stuff like Reuniclus absolutely did not need to be three stages, and Vanilluxe is part of this group. I'm sure you can point at other gens and find this same problem, it just seemed weirdly common in V for me.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Just as last generation they made a monster that was just a literal toucan, this gen gives us a literal sheep. And that's okay!
I also wish we got a chicken-shaped chicken, not the disco-pants Garuda we have right now. Unphezant comes close, it's a shame they kinda blow.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Momomo posted:

I have never understood when people point out Trubbish for bad designs, citing is as a pile of trash. They've always made Pokemon out of inanimate objects, so why single that one out in particular?

The problem I have with some of the gen V Pokemon is that they were given needless evolution lines though. Stuff like Reuniclus absolutely did not need to be three stages, and Vanilluxe is part of this group. I'm sure you can point at other gens and find this same problem, it just seemed weirdly common in V for me.

Solosis's line makes sense being three stages as it's the version parallel of the Gothia line (also three stages). Arguably these both could've been two stages with a Baby, but new Baby pokemon are basically not a thing anymore.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I like three stage Pokemon because it's fun when Pokemon evolve. Even though there's a lot of them that I like, I rarely use single-stage Pokemon during my playthroughs because then I can't look forward to them evolving.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Solosis's line makes sense being three stages as it's the version parallel of the Gothia line (also three stages). Arguably these both could've been two stages with a Baby, but new Baby pokemon are basically not a thing anymore.

It makes sense conceptually but the actual execution feels more like obligation rather than an actual progression. The first two stages feel too similar to one another for me to think it was really necessary. Gothitelle's line makes sense since it's edgey Gardevoir and progresses as such, but I think they probably should have just made its version counterpart something else if they felt the need for them both to be three stages.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zuzie posted:

Am I the only one who isn't completely enamored by Wooloo?

Its adorable yes, but it's a regular old sheep right now. I hope it evolves into something more remarkable... Maybe its evolution can be dyed different colors and that somehow changes its typing?

welcome to the #resistance

For real Mareep beats this "just a sheep" hands down. The blue skin, black and yellow horns, and light ball tail give it so much more visually as a Pokémon, and it's probably a Philip K. Dick reference, while still being top-notch adorable.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

But seriously, the best new pokemon is Drinky Crow, with Chompy Turtle a close second.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

For real Mareep beats this "just a sheep" hands down. The blue skin, black and yellow horns, and light ball tail give it so much more visually as a Pokémon, and it's probably a Philip K. Dick reference, while still being top-notch adorable.

It doesn't evoke cute as strongly as Wooloo and there's a certain elegance in simplicity rather than the various visual odds and ends that some pokemon have.

I still think the electric sheep thing is more coincidental as the wool->static->electricity thing is a fairly solid thing :colbert:

Edit: Chompy turtle is probably the worst of the new pokemon introduced next to the stage one flower.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mods rename this thread Wooloo Megathread: Wooloo is the best.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Momomo posted:

Because people think it is funny to use the literal bag of trash pokemon to point out pokemon designs that are trash

(it is kind of funny but trubbish is actually adorable)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

trubbish is fine but i don’t like the big one. just the general color and the random blue and pink blobs

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

also what the gently caress was up with that ghost (??) girl who just snuck up behind me in lumiose city

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The best gen1 Pokemon is just a weird star anyway

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm a trash pokemon too :kimchi:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Amppelix posted:

Because people think it is funny to use the literal bag of trash pokemon to point out pokemon designs that are trash

(it is kind of funny but trubbish is actually adorable)

I guess it's just the sort of joke that morphed into actual criticism because people didn't really get it. I just find it odd because I like both Trubbish (who, for a literal pile of trash, is surprisingly cute) and Garbodor (who's sprite looks like the embodiment of suffering). If you wanted to point out bad designs I definitely wouldn't go to them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Detective Pikachu sequel movie lookin' good.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

I mean I agree, but "not as good a design as Mareep" leaves a lot of room to be really loving good. Which Wooloo is.

The Mareep line is definitely in the top two or three design wise.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I do like the Wooloo has braids though, otherwise it would look like any cartoon sheep.

Also apparently its braids have a hex color of BABABA.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
has anyone said wooloo yet

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/joemerrick/status/1137028202348650497?s=21

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Xelkelvos posted:

The naming logic for the new Legendaries makes some sense now. Za-cyan for Sword and Za-magenta for Shield and it matches their lower bodies. It's also their name in Japanese as it tends to be nowadays. Presumably that means that they plan for a third one whose name will sound like Za-yellow (Zahielo or something).

Don't forget the fourth legendary, Zack.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I can’t wait for Whitney 2: This Time It’s a Sheep.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Pokemon: Go Home, and count Wooloo till you fall asleep

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

I can’t wait for Whitney 2: This Time It’s a Sheep.

Just a team of round and rolly bois.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Shiny Zacian

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I wonder how close The Good Life will release to this, that was end of 2019 projected release I think?

Gonna have two great wander around Britain as imagined by Japanese game designers games for Xmas this year maybe.

SWERY was also very taken by the sheep.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Maybe Wooloo2 will just look exactly the same, only chrome so it gives steel wool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have seen the future and Wooloo has three stages. Each stage has increasingly elaborate braids attached to an increasingly spherical body

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Avalerion posted:

Hate is too strong a emotion for something like this but I have played the games and still think those suck.

But I also just don't get all this hype for Wooloo, so might just be generally out of touch or lack a soul.

People love Wooloo because it's fluffy and round, which are two cute things combined into one

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Wooloo has really come off as the anti-Bidoof. It’s a generic, early-game Normal type, the fan base obsessed over as soon as it was revealed, but its sheer adorableness made it as beloved as Bidoof’s, well, doof-ness made it the butt of every joke.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Good to see that plushmakers will be getting a nice profit off all this

https://twitter.com/JW11NG/status/1136645531080507393

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 7, 2019

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Mareep line didn't get interesting until Mega Ampharos happened, don't @me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The braids become a mass of tentacles as it gigantimaxs into the dread lord Cthwooloo!

I don’t know if even Goomy had this level of hype.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

The braids become a mass of tentacles as it gigantimaxs into the dread lord Cthwooloo!

I don’t know if even Goomy had this level of hype.

Oh snap, you're right. As with Goomy, Wooloo's final stage will be ugly and disappointing. Brace yourselves, true believers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pentaro posted:

Oh snap, you're right. As with Goomy, Wooloo's final stage will be ugly and disappointing. Brace yourselves, true believers.

Goodra is pure and beautiful, excuse you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I am going to flippin' cackle if it turns into a gijinka like Lopunny & Gardevoir