Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rubellavator posted:

I dont know where the "we want more races of bad guys" thing comes from the game already suffers enough from a lack of focus with having 4 different alien races plotting to end all life as we know it.

A variety of interesting things to shoot is more important then story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

The modern gaming goon has moved on from pooping in socks to just pooping on the floor, regardless of what's happening.

The rich goon:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Thing is about enemy recolours, it's just a thing you'll have to accept in games, it's a necessary evil.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

The modern gaming goon has moved on from pooping in socks to just pooping on the floor, regardless of what's happening.

Why do you think roombas were invented?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Judge Tesla posted:

Guys what if we had Hive but they were glowing red.

All new enemy factions must be The Fallen with different bits glued on

SickZip fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 7, 2019

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's more interesting to look at than the Taken aesthetic I'll say that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie should to develop a social space where you can interact with the enemy types. Sit down at a table with a vex goblin, get a cup of tea and really get to know the guy, understand his backstory and motivations. Then in the future when you meet on the battlefield you have a real respect for where he's coming from. That's how you make an interesting enemy.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A Fallen Vandal reminisces about his goth and cyberpunk phases and what silly fads they were in retrospect. He then puts on his hat with gears glued to it and says he has to be going.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I wanna gently caress a hive wizard

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny visual novel when

Spanish Manlove posted:

Jealous of the Mindbender, I take it

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Look what happened to Toland when he also thought that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Judge Tesla posted:

Look what happened to Toland when he also thought that.

... you say that like it's a price to be paid rather than a gift.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Toland hosed so hard he turned into an immortal floating jizz ball.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I cant actually tell if you guys are joking or if that's the actual lore for toland.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rubellavator posted:

I cant actually tell if you guys are joking or if that's the actual lore for toland.

It's not the actual lore for Toland (yet) but according to one of the dialog variants for the broodhold strike it is canon that the Mindbender hosed the Brood Queen.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

SickZip posted:

A Fallen Vandal reminisces about his goth and cyberpunk phases and what silly fads they were in retrospect. He then puts on his hat with gears glued to it and says he has to be going.

Loll this got me.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

Toland befriended the Hive wizard boss from Crota's End and she screamed at him to death, his soul lived on though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Shadowkeep gives us Spicy Hive?

D3 gives us the Darkness which are all the current enemies but in a smoky form (think Taken but all black instead of black and white, and all enemies can do the smoke teleport thing that Scorn do)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Roman posted:

Here's my hot take: Destiny 2 is better than Destiny 1 now.

I think some stuff is better and some stuff is worse. Would anyone really consider PvP to be anywhere near as good as it was in D1? D1 definitely had much better map variety and content as well, but then again D2 PvP does seem to have more variety than I remember D1 having so who knows. Personally I just miss a lot of D1 maps :shobon:

Rubellavator posted:

I dont know where the "we want more races of bad guys" thing comes from the game already suffers enough from a lack of focus with having 4 different alien races plotting to end all life as we know it.

I don't think many people are asking for more races? In my opinion the enemy variety (and AI) is already leagues ahead of other shooters. With D1 I hoped that they would increase the weapon variety since it was a bit stale for a space shooter at launch, and since then they've done a really good job of expanding the weapon pool with sidearms, swords, submachine guns, grenade launchers, bows, linear fusion rifles, trace rifles etc. and I'm excited to see what else is added to the series in the future. They showed some new melee finisher mechanic for Shadowkeep and I like the way that they slowly expand stuff like this.

xzzy posted:

Bungie should to develop a social space where you can interact with the enemy types. Sit down at a table with a vex goblin, get a cup of tea and really get to know the guy, understand his backstory and motivations. Then in the future when you meet on the battlefield you have a real respect for where he's coming from. That's how you make an interesting enemy.

Getting the "Respawning restricted" warning as a Vex goblin runs to a gatelord and starts beeping that you mistook his uncle Clyde's brain juice for milk and consumed him as part of a beverage.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

haveblue posted:

Jealous of the Mindbender, I take it

My ex-wife was the Manbender

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm ready to raid.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Where's a good place to look for PS4 goon raids these days anyway? I haven't seen an LFG post on the discord in months, am I on the wrong one or something?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

haveblue posted:

Where's a good place to look for PS4 goon raids these days anyway? I haven't seen an LFG post on the discord in months, am I on the wrong one or something?

Same one. I keep looking for new ones there myself and haven't seen you make one yet.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Toland befriended the Hive wizard boss from Crota's End and she screamed at him to death, his soul lived on though.

Kinky

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Judge Tesla posted:

Please don't doxx me and my terrible wife

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I would have posted stuff in the LFG but I am discord illiterate. I don't know how to make one of those event/invite posts or whatever they're called that show raid/date/time, # people needed etc.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Roman posted:

I would have posted stuff in the LFG but I am discord illiterate. I don't know how to make one of those event/invite posts or whatever they're called that show raid/date/time, # people needed etc.

Command is "!lfg create" and then follow the onscreen instructions!

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

What did we all use in the D1 days? Discord wasn't a thing but I remember that we'd just hop into chat somewhere and ask who was down for Trials/Nightfall/Raid and there was always people online so it only took a few minutes to have enough for a full team. Was it IRC? I remember going lighthouse in Trials with a couple goons and nobody using headsets, just typing the odd callout instead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Maybe they should have only turned the volume to 8 then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxq-7zAw6U

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SUNKOS posted:

What did we all use in the D1 days? Discord wasn't a thing but I remember that we'd just hop into chat somewhere and ask who was down for Trials/Nightfall/Raid and there was always people online so it only took a few minutes to have enough for a full team. Was it IRC? I remember going lighthouse in Trials with a couple goons and nobody using headsets, just typing the odd callout instead.

Destiny LFG or yelling at each other to stop looking at the forums and get on already

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For D1 there was a thread in PGS, it was closed a long time ago in favor of Discord.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/xekEADT.gifv

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Just post in Discord because all the regulars look for raids that way.

Oh and posting a "hey I'd like to do a raid right the gently caress now for fun" works.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/HA7ww3q.gifv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The pinnacle sniper seems to be quite easy to get.

We played 4 games of comp and I'm at 484/3,500

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Just lol at anyone who didnt unlock Power and Efficiency I & II immediately.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The pinnacle sniper seems to be quite easy to get.

We played 4 games of comp and I'm at 484/3,500

Please for the love of God post a video or stream or something I have no idea how I am ever expected to get this loving gun

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Well I aim my gun at the head of a man and pull the trigger.

And he got sniped.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

Rune Compatibility II dunzo.

Just lol at anyone who didnt unlock Power and Efficiency I & II immediately.

Half lol, you're forced to unlocked P&E 1 by the quest but then it's on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Please for the love of God post a video or stream or something I have no idea how I am ever expected to get this loving gun

You have to shoot guys with sniper rifles. Godspeed guardian