Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Re: Unbroken, I really hope it doesn't turn into a clusterfuck because the game looks like it will be a ton of fun with all the extras that were unlocked, and we're so close to getting it.

They did say that they'd be sending out emails after all the deliveries are complete, to ask if anyone wants to donate the extra 10 bucks or whatever to help them recoup the extra shipping costs. It seemed like most folks who responded to the update on KS had no problem with this (I'd think even more people would be willing to do it once they get the game and get a sense of just how nice of a product it is) but if it turns out that Golden Bell tried to pull a fast one then it could have a huge negative impact on people's good will towards the project.

It sucks for Artem because he seems like such a genuinely good dude who sympathizes with everyone involved and just wants people to be able to play his game above all else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Chubbs posted:

Re: Unbroken, I really hope it doesn't turn into a clusterfuck because the game looks like it will be a ton of fun with all the extras that were unlocked, and we're so close to getting it.

They did say that they'd be sending out emails after all the deliveries are complete, to ask if anyone wants to donate the extra 10 bucks or whatever to help them recoup the extra shipping costs. It seemed like most folks who responded to the update on KS had no problem with this (I'd think even more people would be willing to do it once they get the game and get a sense of just how nice of a product it is) but if it turns out that Golden Bell tried to pull a fast one then it could have a huge negative impact on people's good will towards the project.

It sucks for Artem because he seems like such a genuinely good dude who sympathizes with everyone involved and just wants people to be able to play his game above all else.

Yeah, Artem seems genuinely nice, then Golden Bell Studios fights people in the comments and acts like they have little control over anything that's going on.

Talking about how Canadian businesses have been selling the game for weeks already:

quote:

@Patrick very frustrating for us too (the distributor hasn’t even paid us AND we told them to hold it till we after fulfilled the KS) were going to go to Canada and visit Artem hang at S@L for a Canadian launch so expect it mid July sorry for the delay that is def annoying and frustrating for us too

Wonder if it's money mismanagement where they had to sell retail copies to pay to ship backers games. Whatever it is, this isn't exactly stellar service.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Speaking as someone who’d been approached by Golden Bell in the past, they seem pretty shady and have a long string of unfulfilled kickstarters behind them. Thankfully I had a lawyer friend look over the contract they sent and tell me all the red flags before anything was signed.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Flavivirus posted:

Speaking as someone who’d been approached by Golden Bell in the past, they seem pretty shady and have a long string of unfulfilled kickstarters behind them. Thankfully I had a lawyer friend look over the contract they sent and tell me all the red flags before anything was signed.
I ended up looking them up and holy poo poo, they're based like less than 10 miles from me. Shame it's a bad company that's this close. At least when they ship my package, it should get here pretty quickly.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Flavivirus posted:

They're responding to basically everyone in the comments, and are just embarrassing themselves. I've never seen a company rep act so petty in their kickstarter comments.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1227872561/unbroken-a-solo-game-of-survival-and-revenge/comments

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
They get mentioned all the time in the Tabletop Publisher facebook groups. No one has had a good experience with Golden Bell, end consumer or publisher.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

nesbit37 posted:

They get mentioned all the time in the Tabletop Publisher facebook groups. No one has had a good experience with Golden Bell, end consumer or publisher.

There's a ton of people in the comments also not having a good experience with them.

How is this in any way useful to post:

quote:

Golden Bell StudiosCollaborator
3 minutes ago

We post because oh maybe some of us are working ten hours a day? Maybe packing games? Maybe not making any money? Maybe working on the project with a team of people Artem included and seeing no financial return? Then being harassed and told we suck a lot? Maybe we’re owed some common decency, respect, and more thanks than having the bosses attacked for working and saying what they’re going to do? Just maybe, but probably not because why appreciate the big bad GB?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
What's the situation for Unbroken shipping to the UK? I keep trying to look but getting distracted by the shiny golden trainwreck.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

90s Cringe Rock posted:

What's the situation for Unbroken shipping to the UK? I keep trying to look but getting distracted by the shiny golden trainwreck.

quote:

3 minutes ago
Oh you’re right why would we get permission when we spend nearly 500k a year in shipping. There’s no such thing as deals in this life or the next!

7 minutes ago
Haven’t had a weekend off in years!

I don't know UK's shipping status, but whatever the situation is, it is really inconveniencing them.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/amazons-and-dwarves-quality-28mm-female-miniatures/

Bad Squiddo Games' Amazons & Dwarves Kickstarter is in the last 24 hours with pretty much everything unlocked...

INCLUDING A NOOGIE VIGNETTE!

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Funzo posted:

Didn't see this posted yet, but there's an Iron Clays Kickstarter. Get a set of 100 for around $40 US.
http://kck.st/2MpHsuA

I helped a lot of goons on the last kickstarter. If other goons are interested, I will jump in as a group buy, but otherwise I'm saving up for another kickstarter.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Last few houuuurs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/amazons-and-dwarves-quality-28mm-female-miniatures

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Finally got Lords of Hellas Titan pledge. Jesus christ there's a lot of stuff.

Component quality is really nice and the mini sculpts are amazing, but the sundrop paintjob turned out to be disappointing compared to the original style they were using before. They apparently changed techniques between the first and second waves (no doubt to save time and money), and now it's not zenithal highlighting so much as it's "spray white, then spray with black wash". They aren't all bad but some of them are pretty bad.

Apparently by the time they made Nemesis, they'd improved on the technique and those look a lot better.

Also they changed card cuts for the small cards in the base game and the expansion so when you stack them all together, there's a visible difference between the two. :psyduck: There aren't that many small cards in the game though so it'll just take a few sleeves to fix the issue.

Still can't wait to get it on the table, though. It's gonna look amazing.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 10, 2019

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Chubbs posted:

Also they changed card cuts for the small cards in the base game and the expansion so when you stack them all together, there's a visible difference between the two. :psyduck: There aren't that many small cards in the game though so it'll just take a few sleeves to fix the issue.
On BGG, the developer said to file a support ticket at https://gamefound.freshdesk.com/support/solutions to request the 5 new Neutral Artifact cards replaced. They're going to be reprinting those specific cards so that they match the core set since they're shuffled into that mini deck.

I agree with your other points, the sundrop is inconsistent, but I still think it's better than just plain gray plastic. I'm extremely lazy and haven't painted any of my board game minis (aside from a few sample ones a couple years ago), so I probably wouldn't have gotten around to the massive number that come with Lords of Hellas. The spotty weathered look works well if you think of all the figures as statues.

I will say that the sheer number of extra expansion modules is freaking awesome. There's a ton of variety and some guy on BGG came up with a good house rule variant to play with all of them in a 2-player game (with custom win condition values). He mentioned that changing the monster hunt victory to a glory token victory works better.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 10, 2019

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

On BGG, the developer said to file a support ticket at https://gamefound.freshdesk.com/support/solutions to request the 5 new Neutral Artifact cards replaced. They're going to be reprinting those specific cards so that they match the core set since they're shuffled into that mini deck.

I agree with your other points, the sundrop is inconsistent, but I still think it's better than just plain gray plastic. I'm extremely lazy and haven't painted any of my board game minis (aside from a few sample ones a couple years ago), so I probably wouldn't have gotten around to the massive number that come with Lords of Hellas. The spotty weathered look works well if you think of all the figures as statues.

I will say that the sheer number of extra expansion modules is freaking awesome. There's a ton of variety and some guy on BGG came up with a good house rule variant to play with all of them in a 2-player game (with custom win condition values). He mentioned that changing the monster hunt victory to a glory token victory works better.

Perfect, thanks.

I do enjoy mini painting but I figured sundrop would give me the excuse to not have to paint anything from LOH so I can get it on the table asap and then spend my painting time doing other things. I do like the idea of everything having that statuesque look, and plain gray minis just look the worst, so it's definitely better than nothing. At this point I might still paint the heroes to make them pop out more on the table.

And for sure, the sheer amount of content is mind blowing. I love that on top of everything there's the Kronos 1 vs all variant with it's own gameplay and rulebook (and the Kronos "mini" is ridiculously cool).

It would be nice if there was a way to store and transport everything in a more efficient way without having to lug around all the boxes. I'm gonna see if any craft storage containers would do the trick (like these jobbies)

edit: do you know what the deal is with Pandora's Box?

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 10, 2019

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

My trip report on Joan of Arc is delayed a bit. It turns out that the game has about a million components, and I did not even go all in. This game is most definitely not a quick set up game; looking like it might take Arkham Horror levels of time. First impressions are :

-Character cards are nice and very large. They seem to add a lot of character to the unique characters and makes it easy to find them compared to regular units.
-Unit cards are nice enough.
-Cardboard terrain pieces are thick and nice, with a decent amount of variety.
-Miniature quality seems really quite good for the human sized units, and degrades slightly as you increase in size. I do not have the Dragon, but "The beast" 6 headed manticore thing or whatever seems nice, but, maybe like a bit soft/blurred if that makes sense?
-Rule book and scenario book are nice.
-The miniatures for the houses and churches are really nice. Probably the highlight of the set. Looking forward to seeing more buildings in wave 2.
-A lot of the generic units, such as archers and men at arms are not nation specific. This reduces the amount of miniatures you need, but if you plan on painting them, be careful not to paint them in a way to make them married to one faction, or it might be difficult to tell them apart. The game does come with colored base things that attach to the bases to help with this though.

Seems like a lot of bang for the buck, will report on how the game actually plays or feels shortly. But, it is a chore to get going.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Chubbs posted:

Perfect, thanks.

I do enjoy mini painting but I figured sundrop would give me the excuse to not have to paint anything from LOH so I can get it on the table asap and then spend my painting time doing other things. I do like the idea of everything having that statuesque look, and plain gray minis just look the worst, so it's definitely better than nothing. At this point I might still paint the heroes to make them pop out more on the table.

And for sure, the sheer amount of content is mind blowing. I love that on top of everything there's the Kronos 1 vs all variant with it's own gameplay and rulebook (and the Kronos "mini" is ridiculously cool).

It would be nice if there was a way to store and transport everything in a more efficient way without having to lug around all the boxes. I'm gonna see if any craft storage containers would do the trick (like these jobbies)

edit: do you know what the deal is with Pandora's Box?
I'm much more concerned with storage in my house as opposed to keeping all of the minis perfectly protected in their plastic inserts, so I just zip-lock bagged everything into logical sections and put all of the boards/tokens/cards/army & hero minis in the core box and then I placed all of the monuments and monsters in the bigger Warlord box with a foam divider down the middle. I just have to remember to keep that box flat and not tip it vertical. Everything compressed down to two (large) boxes.

I haven't looked into the Pandora's Box expansion or the secret "when you win 3 games" envelope since I'd rather keep them as surprises.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
Looks like we’re having a Forged in the Dark Dungeon Keeper.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Trying to squeeze an explicitly-mapped tower defense style game where layout and tactics matter into the Blades in the Dark quasi-PBTA framework seems counterproductive.

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

the only genius in the whole fucking business
Eh, you can do a lot with frameworks you wouldn't expect, if you know what you want from it. Frameworks are tools, not rules.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If you back Kamigakari: God Hunters, they posted an update soon that said they'll be charging BackerKIts soon:

Amy posted:

Hi. Amy here. This should have been in the update earlier, but by the time I thought to ask it, the thirty-minute window I'm given to edit my updates had closed.

I'll get right to the point: I'd like to begin charging your cards for BackerKit orders as soon as possible, but, transparency, so I should tell you why.

I have a lot of medical bills. I've quit my day job in anticipation of a move, and thanks to really bad timing on behalf of some billing department somewhere, my bank account suddenly became overdrawn by...I'm not comfortable saying the amount, but a lot. A lot a lot.

With the portion of the BackerKit money that I'm paying myself with, I could wipe out the remaining bills and get my bank account in order before either can mess up my credit rating. Please rest assured that not a penny of money not allocated to me will be spent on my problems.

As such, I'd like to begin charging your cards for BackerKit orders in one month, on July 10. I sincerely hope that you can find it in your hearts to understand.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Ugh, I am so torn between getting the physical book for Hard Wired Island and getting the PDF and notes. I feel like the book would make it an easier sell to get to the table but...

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zurui posted:

Ugh, I am so torn between getting the physical book for Hard Wired Island and getting the PDF and notes. I feel like the book would make it an easier sell to get to the table but...

Get the book, especially since the print goal was met.

Got my copy of Strata today, and goddamn is there some good art in here. Also a lot of stuff you can use; the four cults at the back of the book have real gameplay hooks and some interesting powers,

Metaphysical Amputation
This advance is only usable once. You may either a) remove a word or phrase from your character sheet, or b) remove a word or phrase from the copy of Spire that your GM is using to run the game. Reality will warp to accommodate the edit.

:stonk:

Goddamn but they made some really meta, really powerful High-tier advances.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

mllaneza posted:

Get the book, especially since the print goal was met.

Yeah, I'm gonna try very hard to make it an excellent-looking book!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Oh, and since it hasn't been posted lately, Hard Wired Island only has a day to go:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

A buddy of mine is doing a miniatures Kickstarter, so check it out if you're looking for some monstrous figs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hearts of Wulin is heading into its last 48 hours. From the preview rules, it seems to be a good PbtA game that understands its source material pretty well.

There's also a social stretch goal people can help with by tweeting wuxia NPCs at them: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gauntlet/hearts-of-wulin/posts/2521195

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Baron Snow posted:

A buddy of mine is doing a miniatures Kickstarter, so check it out if you're looking for some monstrous figs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie

Add-on's should probably be corrected

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
I kickstarted Impulse Drive last september/october, and the final PDF is here! The physical proofs are on their way and I'm in line to deliver print codes late june/early july.

You can pick up 2 extra ship playbooks, the Outpost and the Pioneer to expand the types of settings you can have mechanical support for.

And if you want to check the game out & don't want to see all of Claudia's amazing art, you can still get the Pay What You Want version for free or a little more. It has only my art & layout, but the text is the same as the paid version.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The project I mentioned earlier is live! I'm working with the San Jenaro Co-Op to help produce their first Kickstarter, the Roleplayer's Guide To Heists. It's a system agnostic collection of 25 heists spanning several genres, fully illustrated with maps and art, plus a bunch of essays on how best to do a heist.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sanjenarocoop/the-roleplayers-guide-to-heists

This is gonna be really cool. The project is doing a lot of neat stuff - the whole thing was put together by letting everyone have a say in how it went forward, there's fair pay and profit sharing baked in, and I've been leading a mentorship project through this to teach new designers how to do a kickstarter. There's a free preview pack of 3 heists and 1 essay if you want a taste of what we're doing. There's also a patented Sandy Pug Games High Effort kickstarter video, cause I know ya'll like that.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I squealed when I saw an Orc Stabr reference in the biographies section of the page. :)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Bieeanshee posted:

I squealed when I saw an Orc Stabr reference in the biographies section of the page. :)

Orc Stabr is legit probably the most fun anyone can have making something. I peaked there and I'm real thankful for ya'll for playing along so much.

There's probably going to be some connective reference in the book itself for Orc Stabr, just like how Americana technically takes place in the same universe.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I still intend to have my half page framed.

MachineIV
Feb 28, 2017

And, Olivia Hill here. My sort of long shot pitch is that if we fund on day one, I’ll do a quick start style treatment of my version of Changeling the Lost, utilizing one of the heists in the book. So if anyone ever wanted an “official” version of my Changeling the Lost, this is the way to get it.

(I don’t know all the details yet. Might be Storyteller Vault, night be a “fan product.” Gotta work out the details.)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Right, I'm off to knock over a bank. Who's with me?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Please don't post my retirement plan.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I like heists. Have a back!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Mojo Jojo posted:

Add-on's should probably be corrected

Thanks, I’ve passed it along.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Bieeanshee posted:

I still intend to have my half page framed.

My full page is framed in my game room.
80's Orc Stabr is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

My full page is framed in my game room.
80's Orc Stabr is the best.

Could you send me a pic of this?

also we're over 50% funded in the first day! Thanks to anyone who backed or shared or talked about it. Ya'll are v cool.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sanjenarocoop/the-roleplayers-guide-to-heists