Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like how Horikoshi knows that Dabi is probably the least interesting guy right now. So after a bit of build up, it's back to Twice.
Which is good because those dudes have been excellent this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Dude lost AN ENTIRE LUNG. Even All Might's were just "damaged".

I think the main thing was All Might losing most of his digestive system.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Have a very bad feeling about Twice getting a major powerup that makes him absurdly strong and now he's about to face the arc's main antagonist

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean it's not like that's the real Twice anyway.

Looking forward to seeing his super power, Clone Cancellation.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Considering his arms aren’t broken, that looks to be a clone. Though a clone confronting the arc antagonist doesn’t really bode well either, since it’s hard for me to imagine a clone resolving things.

efb

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Destro will demo his quirk wasting the twice clones so we can see what he can do when Shiggy rolls up

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

"A Deus Ex Machina who seems to defy the laws of physics and fate itself at every turn."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Man I was excited to finally see more Spinner and it just instantly cuts away

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Uhh...I think this is the wrong manga to have that reaction in, pal. But I can't say I wouldn't enjoy that particular crossover.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

"A Deus Ex Machina who seems to defy the laws of physics and fate itself at every turn."

KnuckleDuster's secret technique...A GUN

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I like how All Might's hair actually does itself up while he's bulking up.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'd really like if the gun works out because god, this villain is so boring. But even if it doesn't, Knuckleduster's the type to plan things out so he's probably got other traps lying around to finish this guy off.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Papa Fist is using the most American super power! I'm so excited to see him back again!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

KnuckleDuster rules

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Andrast posted:

On the other hand, gently caress them

:hmmyes:

Also, upcoming BNHA figures looking good.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/779024/2/

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:hmmyes:

Also, upcoming BNHA figures looking good.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/779024/2/

Somehow I like Dabi's the best? It just needs a little more texture on the paint for his hosed up skin.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Somehow I like Dabi's the best? It just needs a little more texture on the paint for his hosed up skin.

Yeah mass production figures can be really good but are rarely perfect, especially at that scale (I'm assuming that these are going to be around 1/12 scale like the SH Figuarts pieces more or less). The only way you get amazingly good is if they are around 1/6 like Hot Toys figures. Nonetheless I expect to eventually seen repainted ones by fans.

edit: Bandai has been making more and more inroads on realism to scale on some of their higher end stuff. I remember late last year or earlier this one them showing a new process where they make figures that have a red partial internal structure that creates realistic coloring when the slightly translucent skin overlay is put on top of it.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 8, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah mass production figures can be really good but are rarely perfect, especially at that scale (I'm assuming that these are going to be around 1/12 scale like the SH Figuarts pieces more or less). The only way you get amazingly good is if they are around 1/6 like Hot Toys figures. Nonetheless I expect to eventually seen repainted ones by fans.

I only follow the figure industry extremely tangentially through what people post on SA, and I think it's pretty drat impressive things have gotten to the quality they are at now.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

edit: Bandai has been making more and more inroads on realism to scale on some of their higher end stuff. I remember late last year or earlier this one them showing a new process where they make figures that have a red partial internal structure that creates realistic coloring when the slightly translucent skin overlay is put on top of it.

Holy poo poo that's nuts :stare:

And then I imagine them using hyperrealistic skin on an anime girl with anime girl proportions and I start giggling.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

And then I imagine them using hyperrealistic skin on an anime girl with anime girl proportions and I start giggling.

You hit the nail on the head with what they were showing it off with.

edit: found it: :nws: https://bandai-hobby.net/site/figurerise-labo/index.html :nws:

edit 2: English explanation and details (also mildly nws due to bikini anime girl figure) [url= https://soranews24.com/2018/03/30/n...ideo&%2312305;/]NWS[/url]

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 8, 2019

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
too bad this cutting edge skin tech will be used to make momos underaged titties look as true to the manga as possible and nothing else because this is anime

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

If it leads to a whole line of improved figures it's really cool but yeah 99% chance it will only be used for anime titties forever :sigh:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You hit the nail on the head with what they were showing it off with.

edit: found it: :nws: https://bandai-hobby.net/site/figurerise-labo/index.html :nws:

edit 2: English explanation and details (also mildly nws due to bikini anime girl figure) NWS

lmao god dammit Japan

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I mean, it would be loving amazing if they went the opposite direction and made a whole line of Fist of The North Star or Berserk figures using that technique but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them.

OTOH they might do some Dragon Ball figures, but again the first ones will probably be Bullma.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I mean, it would be loving amazing if they went the opposite direction and made a whole line of Fist of The North Star or Berserk figures using that technique but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them.

OTOH they might do some Dragon Ball figures, but again the first ones will probably be Bullma.

Nah, let me see what one of them Baki duders look like with this.

Actually no, never mind, it's probably terrifying.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"A Deus Ex Machina who seems to defy the laws of physics and fate at every turn. Such is All Might; the pinnacle of what we hope to achieve."

Yeah, that certainly sums up the Symbol of Peace quite succinctly

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 10, 2019

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Crain posted:

Nah, let me see what one of them Baki duders look like with this.

Actually no, never mind, it's probably terrifying.

lmao

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
God, Vilgilantes Big Bad is such a loving millennial. Praying he gets the Assasination Classroom treatment.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reallycoolname posted:

God, Vilgilantes Big Bad is such a loving millennial. Praying he gets the Assasination Classroom treatment.

How old are you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Reallycoolname posted:

weirdest post in this thread

congrats

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What's the assassination classroom treatment? Everybody forgiving you for your crimes and turning into a friendly joke character?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kill all boomers

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Stairmaster posted:

Kill all boomers

Don't worry, All Might got all the boomers with his tornado.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
"Is All Might a Boomer" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Half of Dracula posted:

"Is All Might a Boomer" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

What, no, it was those shapeshifting bat monsters that were boomers. They blew up the sky egg, remember?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
It was a lovely joke about how he spent the whole time pushing buttons on a phone in isolation while talking big... not that I get to talk poo poo.

Also the Assassination Classroom thing is getting vaporized without fanfare after gloating incessently

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Reallycoolname posted:

It was a lovely joke about how he spent the whole time pushing buttons on a phone in isolation while talking big
All the nouns you could have chosen to describe this concept, and you went with the cane-shaking?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
All Might is totally a boomer though. Got a bunch of power that he took to immediately, in an environment that was perfectly suited to allow him to use it to his fullest. Ends up creating a system that looks great at first glance but is actually incredibly tenuous and unsustainable. Can't finish his job, leaves his dirty work to the next generation and can't even explain how to to do it because he was just able to walk across the street and get superpowered. Golly Deku just work harder and stop blowing up your arms.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

PringleCreamEgg posted:

All Might is totally a boomer though. Got a bunch of power that he took to immediately, in an environment that was perfectly suited to allow him to use it to his fullest. Ends up creating a system that looks great at first glance but is actually incredibly tenuous and unsustainable. Can't finish his job, leaves his dirty work to the next generation and can't even explain how to to do it because he was just able to walk across the street and get superpowered. Golly Deku just work harder and stop blowing up your arms.

The difference is All Might isn't willing to just leave a lovely future to the next generation because, FYGM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Reallycoolname posted:

Hi! The oldest millennials are nearly in their 40s now, namaste.