Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

They had a blog with some UI QOL:
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002775.html

Namely an altitude indicator for quest objectives and party finder links.

Blockhouse posted:

this is almost certainly extremely difficult to do at this point in the development and would be a lot of time and money for basically nothing

Fashion is not nothing. :colbert:

But yeah, there's probably some meaningful technical limitations. I definitely do wish I could wear glasses along with my wizard hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I am a big fan of good UX, and little changes like this are just so great.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
I'm late for the elfposting rush but I just finished my Aettir and Yoichi Bow so have another.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

picked up an inferno katana from a silver sack in potd last night and it looks amazing. sells for a little over 400k on hyperion, too.
good choice.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Yoichi Bow is the perfect bow and I've yet to find anything that comes close. The other relics are neat but they're all big and shiny while the Yoichi is so cool and elegant while still having enough shine to make it stand out. I love the targeting ring thing so so much.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Do we know when 5.0 maintenance will start yet?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Arist posted:

Do we know when 5.0 maintenance will start yet?
A bit before the weekly reset on the 25th.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Oxyclean posted:

They had a blog with some UI QOL:

quote:

While it's certainly nice that unlocked hairstyles will be easier to identify, it's especially exciting that you'll be finally be able to use those hard-earned hairstyles on your retainers! What's that? My retainer can look like Noctis? Finally, all my dreams can come true...

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Vitamean posted:

picked up an inferno katana from a silver sack in potd last night and it looks amazing. sells for a little over 400k on hyperion, too.
good choice.

Sorry, the best katana in the game is the gordian katana and if you don't agree then I'll have to take you down

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dryzen posted:

Sorry, the best katana in the game is the gordian katana and if you don't agree then I'll have to take you down

You'll have to take me down. I'm quite partial to the Garuda katana, it's understated compared to the other particle effect katanas.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Garuda spear is good too. Has the same windy effect around the spearhead.

I just use some random levelling katana that looks entirely plain.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Vitamean posted:

good choice.

Bought it 1st day of SB, used it every day, no regrets

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The gordian katana has the best looking sheathe and has the best dye pallete of any weapon I've seen in this game. The really dim but noticeable glow that changes with the dye makes it work with anything. Truly a gift from the gods reserved for the perfect dps class. I don't have any images right now and I'm not going to post GIS stuff, but if you're ever considering a katana glamour this is the one.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dryzen posted:

The gordian katana has the best looking sheathe and has the best dye pallete of any weapon I've seen in this game. The really dim but noticeable glow that changes with the dye makes it work with anything. Truly a gift from the gods reserved for the perfect dps class. I don't have any images right now and I'm not going to post GIS stuff, but if you're ever considering a katana glamour this is the one.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Which Katana is the biggest?

That's the best one, probably.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The Garuda spear is good too. Has the same windy effect around the spearhead.

I just use some random levelling katana that looks entirely plain.

:same: whatever one that has the purple cord wrapped around the sheathe. Gordian is really good if you wanna get fancy though. Also the closest to 2Bs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shin -Zantetsuken is by far the best katana.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

there's gotta be a katana that's just a wooden practice sword, right? that's the best one by default

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CYBEReris posted:

there's gotta be a katana that's just a wooden practice sword, right? that's the best one by default

Yep, can buy a bokken at the Gold Saucer

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Cythereal posted:

You'll have to take me down. I'm quite partial to the Garuda katana, it's understated compared to the other particle effect katanas.

drat, nice Theresa May cosplay

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

isk posted:

Yep, can buy a bokken at the Gold Saucer

That's my katana glamour!

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

Dryzen posted:

I really love the sheathe on the SB pvp katana but hot drat does the blade look dumb with the pointy car spoiler looking stuff sticking out of the top.

Different aside- Turk suits for all when SE.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

sunaurus posted:

How can you just murder a person like this

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

sunaurus posted:

:eyepop:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cythereal posted:

sunaurus posted:

This is just so :perfect:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dryzen posted:

The Gordian katana is very very good and is usually what I end up using unless a specific other katana just fits perfectly with a given outfit. It's also got a nice understated humming noise when you draw it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

odenta kai

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I like the Baldur Katana. It’s nice and simple.

The one in the right.

I’m glad SAM has an actual dyeable hakama and a haori so I can replace that outfit.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 7, 2019

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Oxyclean posted:

As Kaubocks said: if you're looking for a big katana, you won't find that on a SAM. You gotta go DRK to get Sephiroth-sized katanas, namely the Odenta/Odenta Kai.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The best katana is the one from Bardam's, I use it for every glam

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sunaurus posted:

:thurman:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cythereal posted:

All the Primal katanas are pretty good. I've been using the Ramuh one.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
The best katana is the one from Gubal Library. It looks like an oversized officer's sabre, so it is really cool for my cavalry officer glamour.

E: I can't take screenshots right now, but the katana in question is called Kagehide.

Bobfly fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 7, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobfly posted:

The best katana is the one from Gubal Library. It looks like an oversized officer's sabre, so it is really cool for my cavalry officer glamour.
I'm a huge fan of the Lost Allagan Katana, and I'm not even normally into that set. I'm not 70 on my SAM yet but I want to build a glam around it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Almost done with a little over a week of hardcore doggo farming, I think I had around 50 susanoo/30 lakshmi/25 byakko totems when I started. I'm just resolved to buying the susanoo mount at this point but I've got the other six, I feel like I came in slightly under average if only for the stellar luck on the Suzaku mount. (The party I was in at the time disbanded two pulls later so I didn't even have to stick around helping them keep farming more drops afterwards :v: )

As a bonus I'll now have my pick of the litter for primal weapon glams when Gunbreaker/Dancer are out :getin:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Apparently SHB is changing Provoke to actually give a big threat boost in addition to #1 threat.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is there any difference in pre-ordering from the Square store vs Amazon for ShB? I'm still getting payment processing errors no matter the card and they keep sending me payment error emails (tho funny enough it said they were going to cancel last night but they still haven't). No response from support on it. Presumably if I cancel / order gets cancelled my ShB pre-order stuff vanishes but then I can just get another code from Amazon?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

KoB posted:

Apparently SHB is changing Provoke to actually give a big threat boost in addition to #1 threat.

yup, shirking will still be useful in some scenarios but a simple provoke being all you need should make pugging any fight with two tanks much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

KoB posted:

yep that's right. between that and tank stances not hurting dps its like its designed to make bad tanks bearable.