Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ultimate Mango posted:

Stupid question alert: does the Lunar Lander qualify for the little space ride freebie or is it a dollar short?

I assume this is LEGO store only? Not anywhere?

I'm pretty sure it qualifies. At least the website said so. Add it to your cart on the website and it should also put the space ride in there too. And it's only online and at the Lego store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kinda want 10268 - Vestas Wind Turbine. I don't think it is worth $200, though. I've seen it drop to $160 or so, shipped, on Ebay. But even that seems high.

Thoughts on whether it will drop under $150 on walmart/target at some point? It doesn't seem to be a well-liked set.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cojawfee posted:

I'm pretty sure it qualifies. At least the website said so. Add it to your cart on the website and it should also put the space ride in there too. And it's only online and at the Lego store.

In store it (UK) it didn't qualify, and I had to buy something extra. A bag didn't count. Thought it was a bit lovely to be honest.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

In store it (UK) it didn't qualify, and I had to buy something extra. A bag didn't count. Thought it was a bit lovely to be honest.

Interesting, in the rest of Europe it does. That is weird.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It qualifies, I got one.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lego Tower game by Nimblebit in beta.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-tower-open-beta-gestartet-ausprobieren/81651

Just google translate that page and it'll tell you what hoops to jump through if you want in on it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nimblebit are goons too so that's cool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I want to play this just to see all of the themed rooms but the last time I played a game like this it was such a massive waste of time, mobile gaming is the worst.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

It qualifies, I got one.

Interesting. Think I should complain about being misled?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Scipiotik posted:

Just google translate that page and it'll tell you what hoops to jump through if you want in on it.

Or just click through and scroll to the last paragraph. The first link (diesen Link) goes to the iOS beta, the second to the Android.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

Interesting. Think I should complain about being misled?

Yes, definitely. It appears in the basket if I add the Lander on the UK Lego Shop site.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

On iOS you have to install Testflight and then open this link on your device: https://testflight.apple.com/join/amqHfRkp I could install the beta immediately .

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, definitely. It appears in the basket if I add the Lander on the UK Lego Shop site.

Just chatted to the customer service people online and I'm getting £10 of VIP points for the trouble. I only spent £3.99 on the additional set (it was the Xtra stickers set) so fair happy with that. Sucks that I was lied to tho.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are people really paying 60 dollars for these little rocket rides on ebay? wtf

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

PriorMarcus posted:

Sucks that I was lied to tho.

I find it much more likely a misunderstanding/poor training issue rather than a malicious Lego store employee decided to pull one over on a random customer.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
In case anyone needed a review on Lego Tower, it's a Skinner box idle game. I had it installed for about two hours and spent less than 15 minutes playing the game. Engagement is rewarded with a premium currency, but very little of it.

It's transparently a reskin and I've never even played the original. The Lego features are all customizations, nothing is inherently Lego about the game.

I uninstalled it because the option to disable notifications doesn't work and that's one thing I will not gently caress around on.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 7, 2019

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Tiny Tower was quite fun once your tower got huge with trying to min/max production and slot Bitizens into their Dream Jobs and was a nice fun way to waste 5 or 10 minutes here and there. LEGO themed should be fun.

Set-themed floors look neat as well.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Plastik posted:

In case anyone needed a review on Lego Tower, it's a Skinner box idle game. I had it installed for about two hours and spent less than 15 minutes playing the game. Engagement is rewarded with a premium currency, but very little of it.

It's transparently a reskin and I've never even played the original. The Lego features are all customizations, nothing is inherently Lego about the game.

I uninstalled it because the option to disable notifications doesn't work and that's one thing I will not gently caress around on.

Yeah, gently caress this 100%.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

deoju posted:

Everybody go watch Chernobyl on HBO.

Edit: BRB, Gonna go build a RBMK reactor MOC.

I would unironically like to see this build.

Also I'm not watching Chernobyl because it was terrifying enough reading about it a few years later.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I was really hoping Lego Tower would be like SimTower.

It was not.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So of course we got to the LEGO store and Mango Jr decided instead of the lander to get the avengers jet and some of the Xtra play mats. At least he got the little rocket ride and I got something small for my soon to be four year old’s fourth birthday that’s coming up.

The lander looks great in person, and there was a big Stranger Things display and setup as well. Stranger Things is a wild and interesting set for sure.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Eh, this is exactly what I expected from Nimblebit. As far as the notification poo poo goes, if you turned it off when you first installed, they stay off.

It's alright but Tiny Tower (their first game) is the only one I ever spent any time with, so maybe I'm okay with it just because of how long it's been since I played one.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Ultimate Mango posted:

So of course we got to the LEGO store and Mango Jr decided instead of the lander to get the avengers jet and some of the Xtra play mats. At least he got the little rocket ride and I got something small for my soon to be four year old’s fourth birthday that’s coming up.

The lander looks great in person, and there was a big Stranger Things display and setup as well. Stranger Things is a wild and interesting set for sure.

That's cool. I can see the little ones being more excited about a future jet over some space set they have no real knowledge of. That is, unless your kid is a grown rear end man. Then, what the gently caress was he even thinking?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/SmilesEdgeworth/status/1136990580746178561

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I had some idle fun with the original Tiny Tower, and I'm interested in the LEGO version. This beta seems like a waaay early beta, with just barely a development-grade UI. I'll try it again when it's officially released.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So far, it seems effectively identical to the original Tiny Tower. There are pieces you use to customize characters rather than giving them costumes, but beyond that and more monitization options (like blind bags with special pieces) and a 'Prestige' option (reset the tower after 50 floors to get gold bricks, which you can apparently use to upgrade floors), the gameplay doesn't seem to be any different.
Even the incredibly aggravating "Why the hell won't they weight the arriving characters to want to visit non-full apartments?!" bullshit from the original is still here.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 8, 2019

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Plastik posted:

drat. I was able to understand the gist of the article from the German classes I took a decade ago and felt pretty chuffed. Bummer it's a Skinner box idler. Mrs. Doctor plays enough of those on her own.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Avengers Ultimate Quinnjet is totally awesome. Great build and a lot of fun play features. My kid is very wise, choosing the thing that fun to okay with over the thing that collects dust on a shelf.

Now I can ask for the lunar lander for Father’s Day to go next to the Saturn V.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

drat. I was able to understand the gist of the article from the German classes I took a decade ago and felt pretty chuffed. Bummer it's a Skinner box idler. Mrs. Doctor plays enough of those on her own.

Its literally their Tiny Tower game that they've been reskinning for a decade for various franchises.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just remembered that Tiny Tower/nimble bit was a goon thing.

That’s cool they found their niche I guess but I don’t touch F2P mobile games with a 10 foot pole.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

In the imortal words of Jay Sherman, it stinks! Jurassic park d2c is not the visitor center.

https://m.imgur.com/a/3Xo2z04

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Scipiotik posted:

In the imortal words of Jay Sherman, it stinks! Jurassic park d2c is not the visitor center.

I mean, I don't hate it. But why they wasted parts building tiny rooms like a toilet into the back of the gate instead of, say, the jeep is bizarre.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do they... Do they think the movie took place inside the gate?

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Scipiotik posted:

Thanks, I hate it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

Oh. Hmm. Yeah, that’s pretty terrible. They could have included a land cruiser at least.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Oh. Hmm. Yeah, that’s pretty terrible. They could have included a land cruiser at least.

The Tyrannosaurus looks amazing though. Can't believe how disappointing my friend will be about this. He was certain it would be the visitors centre. I was never too fussed about Jurassic park to care either way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Scipiotik posted:

the pitch is when they first made jurassic park sets setting the potential for a visitor center or JP jeep set, the swing is the rumor of a huge unknown JP set, and then the foul tip straight into the camera is this set

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah the t-rex looks great but the arch looks god loving awful and there's basically nothing else there, it's cool to have ANOTHER samuel l jackson minifig for sure but come on, not even a jeep?

I do like it's got a toilet scene cameo and nedry, but other than that, barf

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

It also appears to be at least $250. Huge swing and a miss on this one. Trex is neat. Everything else is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Wow, that looks truly awful. The dino looks fine at a glance, but the gate is atrocious. Studs everywhere on front with super lazy torches, and that foliage is spotty and small. The back is really bad. Gappy and tons of exposed technic and antistuds, and it's bothering me that the arches are light gray.