Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

So who is going to get the bottom-left panel as an avatar?

Red text is ARE YOU STILL IN THE BATHROOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s Been done

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #4 (1940)

Kid Eternity #6 (1947)

House of Mystery #167 (1967)

OMAC #3 (1975)

Black Condor #3 (1992)

Impulse #37 (1998)

Marvel Divas #4 (2009)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Divas #4 (2009)

She's gonna be really grumpy you stole her laptop just for a dramatic reveal. That thing's definitely getting smashed.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Retro Futurist posted:

It’s Been done

Just be glad he’s stretching from the men’s room to the control center and not vice versa

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Adventures into the Unknown #1 (1948)

drat, I think in the last thread someone posted this dudes entire adventure. I remember he was a serious rear end-kicker who efficiently got things done and lived large. Anyone know what I’m talking about, or know where I could see it again?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Could be worse, Reed could remain mostly on the couch and only stretch the relevant bits into the bathroom. He's being really considerate here.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Grendels Dad posted:

Could be worse, Reed could remain mostly on the couch and only stretch the relevant bits into the bathroom. He's being really considerate here.

It’d look like stretching out an inflated balloon's knot

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From Gerard Way's Doom Patrol #10

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Olaf The Stout posted:

Adventures into the Unknown #1 (1948)

drat, I think in the last thread someone posted this dudes entire adventure. I remember he was a serious rear end-kicker who efficiently got things done and lived large. Anyone know what I’m talking about, or know where I could see it again?

Hell yeah The Living Ghost was awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

So yesterday I was reading a collection of the 40's horror comic "Adventures into the Unknown" and the end of the story The Living Ghost is one of the goofiest things I've ever seen.

So the story is about a giant demon guy called the Living Ghost who appears ever 100 years to cause havoc and murder people

As you can see, he is very big.

Eventually he kidnaps a woman and square jawed hero saves her by throwing a stick at his head, making him mortal.

So the Living Ghost is captured and then this happens:

Yes, they put a giant monster man in the electric chair to execute him.

Oh no:

The end, no moral!

Unrelated panel:

muscles like this! posted:

Hey guys, guess what time it is?
Time for more motherfucking Living Ghoooooooooost!

Watch me dive straight into the side of the pool!

Living Ghost wastes no time. Also, this happens

Yay, Tony's dead!

Booo!

Tony goes to visit the guy who gave him the magic stick (that didn't work well enough) last time and comes up with a stupid, stupid idea

Just so dumb

Don't worry though, the Professor has given him a remote control that can totally stop the Dark Phantom

Their team up is not off to a great start

FIGHT SCENE

Great, now you made him even bigger!

Tony, still a dumbass but wait

Hey man, I found your remote control

And everything has gone back to normal!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Grendels Dad posted:

Or it could have been the other Reed.

Ultimate Spider-Man 98

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You can't say his villain turn wasn't telegraphed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

You can't say his villain turn wasn't telegraphed.

True. Anyone who is a fan of Waterworld can only be evil.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

war of the realms - land of the giants 1

Prequel to this:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

TwoPair posted:

Prequel to this:

Frankly, Spidey's got a point. I think I preferred Wolverine dead too. :shrug:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

marshmallow creep posted:

Or it could have been the other Reed.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Thank you very much! Is this you quoting your entire original post about The Living Ghost? I seem to remember a few full-page shots that show the plot zipping along at a loving breakneck pace and it ruled. Otherwise yeah this dude owns bones and I’m glad you posted it.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

jng2058 posted:

Frankly, Spidey's got a point. I think I preferred Wolverine dead too. :shrug:

How'd he come back anyways?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Patrick Spens posted:

How'd he come back anyways?

A mutant named Persephone, who has the power to bring people back from the dead as slaves to her will, leapt on the chance to grab somebody like him, but Logan broke her conditioning.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Wanderer posted:

A mutant named Persephone, who has the power to bring people back from the dead

Can we just, like, drop the concept of dying from superhero comic books for a while? It's clearly not adding anything anymore.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Request: there was a page (from some Ultimate line comic I think?) where the heroes are having a cookout and Thor (I think?) is describing the food, and ends with "I tried to cook a lobster but suffered defeat" or something like that. Does anyone remember that?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Mikl posted:

Request: there was a page (from some Ultimate line comic I think?) where the heroes are having a cookout and Thor (I think?) is describing the food, and ends with "I tried to cook a lobster but suffered defeat" or something like that. Does anyone remember that?

It's from a downtime issue relatively early in Hickman's Avengers, with art by Esad Ribic. Thor is cooking for a team barbecue and was defeated when he tried to grill a lobster.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mikl posted:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I appreciate that he grilled the veggie burgers without complaint. Are any of the avengers specifically vegetarian, or was it just for the joke?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Keeshhound posted:

I appreciate that he grilled the veggie burgers without complaint. Are any of the avengers specifically vegetarian, or was it just for the joke?

I bet Shang-Chi is, and he was part of the team on that run.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I love that the two rural raised Avengers are like “Yeah! Hot dogs!” Though Cannonball is supposed to be on a diet with specially prepared food that Superior Spider-Man raids from the fridge.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

He is just a conscientious host who doesn't want to risk excluding anyone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I love that the two rural raised Avengers are like “Yeah! Hot dogs!” Though Cannonball is supposed to be on a diet with specially prepared food that Superior Spider-Man raids from the fridge.

Well it's specifically because spider-man ate his food that he has to eat hot dogs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I just love the looks of everyone in the last panel :allears:

"Wally, you can't just mention how many Robins someones been through alright?"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
On the other hand, if anyone can be said to be an expert in the field of child endangerment...

"No, trust me, I've tried everything, there's just no way to NOT have something terrible happen to them. It's more trouble than it's worth."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Wanderer posted:

It's from a downtime issue relatively early in Hickman's Avengers, with art by Esad Ribic. Thor is cooking for a team barbecue and was defeated when he tried to grill a lobster.

Thanks to both of you :)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Thor looks like micheal rooker had a baby with julia stiles

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The bbq is from Avengers #24. The Rogue Planet issue that sets up things after Infinity. It’s a good issue if you want to check it out on Infinity or something. It was marketed as a jumping on point.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

On the other hand, if anyone can be said to be an expert in the field of child endangerment...

"No, trust me, I've tried everything, there's just no way to NOT have something terrible happen to them. It's more trouble than it's worth."

Which would be right except Batman collects spare kids like Bruce Wayne collects sports cars.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Jumping on right after the builder war sounds like a terrible idea

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It’s not the best idea, but you could. The Original Sin issues of Avengers were a fun read, even divorced from the larger plot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean, continuity wise yeah you probably could, its just that the climax in infinity is some of the best stuff in the run and you'd be mising out

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Spider-Man/Deadpool #48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What is going on with the... everything.. in that art.