Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I've been waiting all season to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

hatty posted:

Did Mista forget what a wall was for a moment there? Just caressing that wall like he discovered a new monument on the moon

He's gotta be careful, it wouldn't be the first time a stand user was hiding inside a wall.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Remember Doppio Vinegar?

This is what he looks like now:

Feel old yet?

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Okay, I really appreciate the fact that we actually got full backstory on Polnareff. Now he was presumed dead like, what, 5 times? Not sure he's dead even now, considering he has Silver Bites the Dust or whatever.

And I'm not surprised Diavolo looks nothing like his silhouette. It feels like that's usually what media is doing. Reminds me of Phoenix Wright when they would show Man_Silhouette.jpg in place of the murderer so you wouldn't just guess.

Also drat Diavolo is pretty cool, but I wish we would've seen him earlier because now he'll disappear soon and no way he'll be memorable. Kinda hope that when they gently caress him up they can somehow remove Doppio from him, because I don't want my boy to die.

Oh, also, where the gently caress is Narancia?!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

hatty posted:

Did Mista forget what a wall was for a moment there? Just caressing that wall like he discovered a new monument on the moon

He was checking for enemy stands.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Augus posted:

Remember Doppio Vinegar?

This is what he looks like now:

Feel old yet?

Did he apply lipstick in the skipped time?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hatty posted:

If I was at the Colosseum, I'd touch it too, that thing's cool as hell

Vookatos posted:

Oh, also, where the gently caress is Narancia?!
Still in the turtle, napping after getting hosed up from Green Day's mold

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Also couldn't find the actual anime shot right now, but I lauged for like a minute when they showed Crusaders Flashback image and Iggy was just hovering in the corner looking like a dumb idiot

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I like how it look like his original bug-eyed design too.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

gently caress yes Diavolo

gently caress yes the end of Part 5 and all sorts of weird poo poo

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
This episode was really good. I love how Doppio and Diavolo have a lot more presence than DIO did in part 3 - they get to show up and mess around for a while almost like Kira. Part 5 really feels like a huge refinement over part 3 in almost every way.

Vookatos posted:

And I'm not surprised Diavolo looks nothing like his silhouette. It feels like that's usually what media is doing. Reminds me of Phoenix Wright when they would show Man_Silhouette.jpg in place of the murderer so you wouldn't just guess.

Nah that's how Dangan Ronpa does it. Phoenix Wright usually just lets you know who the bad guy is, because "who" usually isn't the mystery in those games, it's "how" and "why" that matter more.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
love everything about this ep but especially the cliffhanger

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mnyzGQfuA

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Vookatos posted:

It seems to me that most of the time he's dressed like a serious mafia dude, but he had to quickly change out of his alter-ego's outfit to deal with Polnareff right then and there. Which is why he has silly pants and messy hair.

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 7, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Xand_Man posted:

Than you put him in a captain's uniform and name the literal monkey antagonist after one of the few rap reference in Jojo...

Well
1) he wasn't named until an art book years after the part came out
2) rap references become increasingly common in the series starting with part 6: Notorious BIG was only the beginning, plus there's already been a lot of references, both with heroic and villainous stands to non-rap Black musicians

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i sincerely love that this episode introduced "Bruno Can See Souls Now" and none of us have questioned it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pff everyone can see souls. Usually only right when they die though.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

i sincerely love that this episode introduced "Bruno Can See Souls Now" and none of us have questioned it
an extreme set of bizarre scenarios for bossu to get close to polnareff

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Trying to be inconspicuous while looking like a member from an 80's glam rock band.

in jojo italty it would be more suspicious if he wasn't dressed like this

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

gnome7 posted:

Phoenix Wright usually just lets you know who the bad guy is, because "who" usually isn't the mystery in those games, it's "how" and "why" that matter more.

In my experience, Phoenix Wright usually tells you who the villain of Case 1 is and maybe Case 2 sometimes. It never happens for Case 3 onward, though.

Yinlock posted:

in jojo italty it would be more suspicious if he wasn't dressed like this

The best Stand User is Gray Fly. He's just an old guy wearing a regular outfit and no one is able to single him out as the villain because of it.

Too bad his Stand was weak.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Now it's finally safe to post, please enjoy this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBiaCiRJ8c

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

multijoe posted:

I wasn't ready for this. Holy gently caress.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

multijoe posted:

There are so many hilarious little details in this. Absolutely incredible.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The best Stand User is Gray Fly. He's just an old guy wearing a regular outfit and no one is able to single him out as the villain because of it.

Too bad his Stand was weak.

The Gray Tower is the real Super Fly.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Rudoku posted:

He was checking for enemy stands.

Specifically, he's checking for Oasis Sanctuary. He knows Cioccolata is dead because even if he didn't see that happen he's seen Green Day stop spewing fungus. He hasn't seen Secco or Bruno since early on in that fight, and Secco could plausibly hide in the colosseum walls to ambush them. Hence touching the wall to make sure it's solid.

Tunicate posted:

The Gray Tower is the real Super Fly.

Tower of Gray is a super fly and Superfly is a gray tower, yes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't know why, but I like the shadowy figure's strut.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Brofessor Slayton posted:

Specifically, he's checking for Oasis Sanctuary. He knows Cioccolata is dead because even if he didn't see that happen he's seen Green Day stop spewing fungus. He hasn't seen Secco or Bruno since early on in that fight, and Secco could plausibly hide in the colosseum walls to ambush them. Hence touching the wall to make sure it's solid.
Thank you!!!

Mista is smart!!!!

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Thank you!!!

Mista is smart!!!!

Sex Pistols wrote this post.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I also have to agree that Diavolo is super hot. They nailed his look completely.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

man they did some weird poo poo to cowboy's walk cycle

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

JDRockefeller posted:

I also have to agree that Diavolo is super hot. They nailed his look completely.

i still hate his stupid shirt

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The world must never know I exist!!!! i say as i pull my mesh shirt over my heavily tattooed body and run a hand through my long bright pink hair with specks of green in it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can we talk about how Silver Chariot just tossed Polnareff up in the air wheelchair and all?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

lmao the boss's true form is a himbo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

The world must never know I exist!!!! i say as i pull my mesh shirt over my heavily tattooed body and run a hand through my long bright pink hair with specks of green in it

nobody will ever suspect that the world's gayest man is also the leader of the gay mafia

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

multijoe posted:

I enjoyed it greatly, thank you very much

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Vookatos posted:

drat, I didn't even think of that. And here I thought Abbacchio was useful back there. I mean sure, technically he was, but I thought that maybe Giorno would turn the stone into a face or some bullshit, which will lead to something.

A bit of a shame we got only 2 openings for this part. Not because second one is bad, but for much sillier reason. I'm a bit worried they won't do their now traditional change during final episodes in the opening. I loved those things in both Greater Days and The End of The World. Here, I can't even imagine what it would look like, since half the opening is just past battles, has one shot of Doppio, and doesn't even get to Cioccolata.

Actually, I remember people saying that it spoiled a lot, and honestly, I didn't see much. Trish's stand, Doppio... I can't even remember if there was much more. I feel like it seems spoilery to people who know what's gonna happen, and otherwise it's kinda hard to understand the meaning behind all the visuals. Reminds me of some Japanese vdeo game intros, like Silent Hill. To be fair, there is one more thing that becomes clearer after last few episodes: (spoilered in case I'm right) I'm pretty sure Giorno is going to stab himself with the arrow If I'm right, wonder what the gently caress's gonna happen.

Edit: also I really hope they will explain why the boss is so drat important that Polnareff showed up. If it's because stand is just too dangerous, how did he even know about a mysterious person who erases time?

I had a thought. They may do a time skip past the section of the OP where it shows all the prior fights and make the content more focused on Diavolo. There may also be a second skip somewhere else in the OP

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
There is a part in the full song that seems to be made for OP shenanigans, so I would be surprised if they didn't do anything. My guess is that the part where Gio grabs the arrow will be skipped and Diavolo is going to hold it instead.