Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The peter crouch podcast bit about "fast dad" this week was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seltzer posted:

The peter crouch podcast bit about "fast dad" this week was hilarious.

I love how they dragged it out for ages somehow

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1136951688114397185?s=21

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also Barry's twitter av is tremendous

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Also Barry's twitter av is tremendous

Squires is absolutely brilliant.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Ramble is going daily next season.

https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/1138094900766023680

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
that's a terrible idea, they already do too many podcasts

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah. It's fine during the World Cup or whatever, but for the season that's too much. I wonder will they keep the European one separate or if they'll move that one under the Ramble banner. Never really listened to that one, so don't know if that would work.

They'll need to get some extra people in to not make it really repetitive.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'd imagine they will have to bring guests in because from what I can tell Pete is too busy for a daily one on top of his other stuff.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I assume they're going to be dropping the length of the episodes to 10 - 15 minutes because I have no idea what else they're going to do without falling back on steve mclaren timelord type stuff again

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, I think the World Cup ones were 25mins each, which would be ok I guess. Hopefully they get them out first thing in the morning for people's commute.

edit: I just saw someone on Reddit suggest that there might be a Ramble Meets every week and if OTC is rolled into The Ramble, it mightn't be a massive difference. Maybe they'll have an emails episode or something, too.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 11, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
They said they are going to do more episodes with their collaborators

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I skip all their interviews already, daily seems like they’re stretching it too thin

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I skip all their interviews already, daily seems like they’re stretching it too thin

Yeah, me too. They seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for guests lately, too. Listened to a couple of them, but they were quite dull.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There’s more they could get out of OTC given the scope of it;

Main ramble
OTC top 4 leagues
Ramble meets
OTC minnows
Previews
DWHoF for games/ discussion etc

Plus more fan engagement which they’re clearly keen on to grow their audience..

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, me too. They seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for guests lately, too. Listened to a couple of them, but they were quite dull.

Feels like they probably need to make the step up towards a more traditional? media scope before they can bag some of the bigger interviews though. Would love to hear anyone but Luke interview a premier league manager or something like that.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

Feels like they probably need to make the step up towards a more traditional? media scope before they can bag some of the bigger interviews though. Would love to hear anyone but Luke interview a premier league manager or something like that.

Yeah, that's true. I don't even know what type of interviews I would like from them. I'm not bothered about what players have to say (never read a footballer's autobiography or anything like that) and there are only a few managers I would listen to an interview with.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Yeah it's going to be interesting to see what they do for the other 3 shows as they've already indicated it's not just going to be Ramble x5. Ramble Meets varies in quality massively depending on who the guest is, can't comment on OTC.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Their interview with Howard Webb was really good

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I like the interview shows.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Not sure how they aren't going to burn through material for their two normal shows. This seems like a bad decision, they normally make good ones.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
They're going to do full coverage of women's football for extra content I bet.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Gotta say as much as I love the Ramble, you can easily have too much of a good thing. During the World Cup and Euros it was fine since they've got games to discuss, but I've already found with the 12 Rambles of X series that I got pretty over listening to them every day. Maybe they've got some great ideas and it'll be worth it, but I'm actually not real excited about this.

Probably doesn't help that I work from home and so don't have a commute I need to fill with content.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

webmeister posted:

I've already found with the 12 Rambles of X series that I got pretty over listening to them every day.

I agree with this, but the problem with those is how false a lot of them are. They've all clearly read up on whatever the subject is and tried to make it look like they were coming up with the stuff off the top of their heads.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know where to put this, but max Rushden's recent writings in the guardian are so #whitemediocrity that now I hate him

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

oliwan posted:

I don't know where to put this, but max Rushden's recent writings in the guardian are so #whitemediocrity that now I hate him

Thanks for the link/example so that we may continue this discussion.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh right, so here is:

Why I gave away my Champions League final ticket to watch it with dad
Max Rushden

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/may/29/why-i-gave-away-my-champions-league-final-ticket-to-watch-it-with-my-dad

And then the sequel

Me, my dad and Spurs: what happened next (spoiler alert – not good)
Max Rushden

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/13/me-my-dad-and-spurs-what-happened-next-spoiler-alert-not-good

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i liked reading them and i like max rushden

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, they were fine and I really like Max. He basically says in the follow up article that he sort of had to write it because of what happened with his dad. They're not going to win any awards, but they're readable.

Are the best of Rambles worth a listen or are they just back slapping?

Also, is anyone else finding Lars quite irritating on FW lately?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

only because he refuses to give his age

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
They should keep bringing his age up until he fucks off.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not wanting to give your age as an adult is a sure sign of being insufferable

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm glad everyone is jumping onto my 'Lars sucks' band wagon. Annoying voice, mediocre jokes, and basically contributes nothing. Lars out!!!!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Today's FW:

Max disapprovingly dismissing shots and then disgustingly asking the panel "when did you last have a shot" is exactly why I hate him now

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Is Max your poo poo thing now that Liverpool bottled the champions league by winning it?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I had shots recently because I was at a wedding but otherwise as a married man in my 30s yeah shots arent something that happens that often, and the free shots story that started the talk you know those shots were cheap horrible ones you only drink when you're mortal. So yeah I don't think you can hate Max for his opinions on shots.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm in my mid 30s and I hate him for it op

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

The Perfect Element posted:

I'm glad everyone is jumping onto my 'Lars sucks' band wagon. Annoying voice, mediocre jokes, and basically contributes nothing. Lars out!!!!

also you can hear him breathing like an obese goon throughout all the pods

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oliwan posted:

oh right, so here is:

Why I gave away my Champions League final ticket to watch it with dad
Max Rushden

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/may/29/why-i-gave-away-my-champions-league-final-ticket-to-watch-it-with-my-dad

And then the sequel

Me, my dad and Spurs: what happened next (spoiler alert – not good)
Max Rushden

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/13/me-my-dad-and-spurs-what-happened-next-spoiler-alert-not-good

im sorry you never knew your dad op :/

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I read both of those articles in Max's voice and wasn't disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
imagine being such a miserable oval office you cant enjoy max rushden