Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

Times when it's acceptable to serve spoiled food: When there's an actual famine because of an apocalyptic catastrophe, and the other option is starvation.

Oh yeah and also when you've arrested refugees and thrown them into camps.

How much of the fast food had spoiled by the time Trump had served it to those athletes?

e: not sure if taxes are still a thing but here is how we are currently watching US politics in Canada

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

They only solved Go in the sense that a computer can beat any human, but no human can do what that computer can do, so the game fortunately lives on.

I love Go, it's seriously the best game ever.

There was an episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles called “Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point” where they used Go’s complexity over Chess as a way to explaining how much more advanced Skynet was from current day computers, and it revolved around explaining this saying. I’m not a Go player, but that episode got me to research it and I’m really fascinated by it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Prester Jane posted:

And out of all the fiction that depicted possible futures; the one was the closest to getting it right was Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

An anime inspired by events on 2-chan, in turn inspired 4-chan to try and replicate the information warfare techniques depicted in SACduring their war with the cult of Scientology. These information warfare techniques would a decade later become the primary basis for political/social conflict- on an internet that (as depicted in SAC) had come to dominate virtually all aspects of human interaction.

Shits weird yo.

well that and sorta MGS2.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Furnaceface posted:

How much of the fast food had spoiled by the time Trump had served it to those athletes?

Almost certainly not spoiled

That poo poo could sit out for a day and be fine with the amount of sodium in it

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sorry in advance to anyone this might upset but THAT REPORT WAS FROM ALMOST ONE YEAR AGO SO WHAT THE gently caress HAVE THESE PEOPLE BEEN EATING SINCE THEN?!

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Hah, right? I was just lamenting yesterday to a friend that this is the shittiest and dumbest future dystopia imaginable.

We were expecting 1984. We got Brazil instead. It’s a fitting end.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

quote:

quote:

An investigation has found nooses in cells of US immigration detention centres with staff serving spoiled food and wrongly putting people in isolation.

Homeland security inspectors visited four Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) centres and described “egregious violations” of standards at two of them including inadequate medical care.

Between May and November 2018, investigators arrived unannounced at Adelanto ICE Processing Centre in California, LaSalle ICE Processing Centre in Louisiana, Aurora ICE Processing Centre in Colorado and Essex County Correctional Facility in New Jersey.

The first three are privately run by GEO Group; together the four sites can hold up to 4,981 people.

The worst conditions, constituting “immediate risks or egregious violations of detention standards” were encountered at Adelanto and Essex County.

“At Adelanto, lunch meat and cheese were mixed and stored uncovered in large walk-in refrigerators; lunch meat was also unwrapped and unlabeled; chicken smelled foul and appeared to be spoiled; and food in the freezer was expired,” inspectors said.

quote:

An investigation has found nooses in cells of US immigration detention centres with staff serving spoiled food and wrongly putting people in isolation.

"Nooses in cells....serving spoiled food" tax:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1136807486391050242

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1137155056044826626

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1137155057667989511

so whats the truth behind this bullshit?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wait for the State Department release, there's a very good chance Mexico told him the diplomatic equivalent of "yeah we'll uh get right on that"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

haveblue posted:

Wait for the State Department release, there's a very good chance Mexico told him the diplomatic equivalent of "yeah we'll uh get right on that"

thats my hope. I am seeing people on other forums legit having panic attacks over this saying trump just won the election and weird nothing matters poo poo.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

hellooooo reason stock market means jack poo poo to most humanity

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

I've got a real bad feeling in my stomach about this one.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Yeah I am strongly suspecting that Mexico bullshitted him fully, and why not, they could somehow reduce all undocumented immigration on the planet to nothing and in three weeks he'd start treating them exactly the same. Might as well just say "yeah no totally dude, we hear you" and let him move on to his next statement regarding the moon.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Prester Jane posted:

Thats :gas: PJ

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah I am strongly suspecting that Mexico bullshitted him fully, and why not, they could somehow reduce all undocumented immigration to the planet to nothing

Hombres De Negro

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah I am strongly suspecting that Mexico bullshitted him fully, and why not, they could somehow reduce all undocumented immigration on the planet to nothing and in three weeks he'd start treating them exactly the same. Might as well just say "yeah no totally dude, we hear you" and let him move on to his next statement regarding the moon.

thats my hope/guess. they fed him some bullshit and now he likes them.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Last I heard, AMLO had gotten an approval bump from telling Trump to get stuffed over tariff threats, or something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lycus posted:

Last I heard, AMLO had gotten an approval bump from telling Trump to get stuffed over tariff threats, or something.

yeah. i don't think he would just bend the knee to him. my guess is they said empty bullshit mixed with the senate telling him to eat poo poo over tarrifs have made him declare victory early.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

This happened in the early 2000s and they were desperate to find investment vehicles. The results weren't so great.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bitch

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

haveblue posted:

for that matter I wouldn't be surprised if there are currently state department minions going "wait what there's no agreement, Mexico hasn't told us poo poo"

edit oh no the not-reader of articles... is me :argh:

based on what the ambassador is saying it's bad but not terrible

and nonzero impact but not huge

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 8, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Calibanibal posted:

Hombres De Negro

I shall keep that typo lol

E; I didn't make that typo but I kinda wish I had

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Can't wait for it all to flood into real estate again and kick a bunch of people out of their houses before collapsing and kicking a bunch of other people out of their houses.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

GreyjoyBastard posted:

for that matter I wouldn't be surprised if there are currently state department minions going "wait what there's no agreement, Mexico hasn't told us poo poo"

its entirely possible that Jared Kushner in a fake mustache and a sombrero just told him hes very handsome and immigration is now over.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I'd bet Mexico offered a vague do-nothing placation on Monday, and Trump babbled about it while signatures were being collected so he could look like he was being a tough boy and 'wearing them down' even after the specifics* had been already decided by others.

*Awful poo poo, of course

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

NO ONE HAS SAID WHAT MEXICO IS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!

NO ONE!

NO REPORTER’S EVEN loving ASKED!!

WHERE ARE THE loving CONSEQUENCES?!?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Prester Jane posted:

I can almost guarantee you haven't read el articlo.

i had not either when I made my post

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
It's not like Mexico isn't doing anything to please the US govt, they are rounding up immigration activists and sending troops to the border with Guatemala

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
sooooo how does this non deal poo poo up in Donnie's face if it really is Mexico doing nothing/little to nothing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

sooooo how does this non deal poo poo up in Donnie's face if it really is Mexico doing nothing/little to nothing.

the morons who care about whether he's doing anything will probanly accept it at face value

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
A percentage of the country will believe his turds are gold if he told them that. What happens is next is either he goes along with it/forgets he cares, or someone reveals to poo poo head that Mexico was just bullshitting him.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty
This kind of thing is why I think so much of our current situation is performative. Trump might think he's doing things, but the [major crisis! Trump is wrecking havoc! Good lord what's going on! Oh nothing. Status Quo + more state power and a little more racism] has happened repeatedly over the past two years. We don't know what happened yet, but I can't be alone in seeing this pattern, right? Things get a little bit worse, Trump does something stupendously stupid, everyone freaks out, things don't get a LOT worse, everyone calms down: repeat.

To clarify: things get continually worse, but gradually, and everyone who points it out looks crazy because the BIG poo poo doesn't happen.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I get you, but I don't think this shower of shitehawks has anything close to the intelligence or skill needed for such a play. I think it's just that there are still forces of good in the world, and they don't have enough power to stop everything, but do have enough to stop at least some things. Plus Trump is the dumbest rear end in a top hat in history, and can't stick with anything more challenging than a happy meal tray liner, so he's not at all competent enough to actually implement most of his poo poo.

E; I do think things are getting worse and even putting climate aside I am not at all convinced they will be put better.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Some the Bush administration people have suggested publicly in the last couple days (atleast that's what I heard on the radio) cooperation with Mexico to prevent immigrants from getting into Mexico to transit to the US. I think that means what's happening here on our souther border gets moved to there on Mexico's border.

I'm inclined to think that would be worse.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

BrandorKP posted:

Some the Bush administration people have suggested publicly in the last couple days (atleast that's what I heard on the radio) cooperation with Mexico to prevent immigrants from getting into Mexico to transit to the US. I think that means what's happening here on our souther border gets moved to there on Mexico's border.

I'm inclined to think that would be worse.

And tbf Mexico has been wanting to interdict its southern border to various degrees for various reasons for a while. If our fash were competent, they could send a buncha resources down there and make both governments happy.

assuming AMLO holds the same opinion about the southern Mexican border, about which I haven't even the slightest clue

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

GreyjoyBastard posted:

And tbf Mexico has been wanting to interdict its southern border to various degrees for various reasons for a while. If our fash were competent, they could send a buncha resources down there and make both governments happy.

assuming AMLO holds the same opinion about the southern Mexican border, about which I haven't even the slightest clue

They've also been already stopping people at their southern borders at our direction. Clown Hitler just wants them to like, shoot them or something horrifying and unspeakable. We'll settle on them spending some X% more on "interdiction efforts" and the world will be slightly shittier because of his insane tweetstorms.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
:stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfFKZ1TNOak

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

There are a SHITLOAD of private "flexible" "universities" that exist merely to milk current and former military members of their GI Bill and other benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tuxedo Gin posted:

There are a SHITLOAD of private "flexible" "universities" that exist merely to milk current and former military members of their GI Bill and other benefits.

So I have just learned. I have it across that commercial because it prefaced a YouTube mountaineering video I was watching. The blatant association of the military with Christianity was unpleasantly jarring. I wasn't aware they were a bunch of these private Christian colleges preying on the military, although in retrospect I really should have just assumed.