Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's all mp3s in game folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Vice President posted:

Is there any place to download the soundtrack to Barkley 1 still?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMOxASAmP0

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone get the Dark Draker Extermination achievement? I think it's well beyond my gaming skill
it's well beyond my patience so we make a good match

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

IronicDongz posted:

you said that embarrassing fakepost earlier was actually bort's wife so that's a big doubt from me dude

That actually was his wife lol

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
If their experience was anything like mine with a different project, which it sounds very much like it is, they can't even look at their work folder without seeing red and just want to either move on entirely or start over with a clean slate so none of the resentment carries over.

Rhopunzel fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 8, 2019

sabbathi
Sep 20, 2017

Sleeveless posted:

The promise has been kept...and may Clisapeth have mercy on your souls.

It all makes sense now

I was made for this

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Wezlar posted:

How do we still not know who is responsible for the Dark Drakerz

nobody is responsible for dark draker but himself. heh... kind of a one man army if ouya know what i mean...

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

If their experience was anything like mine with a different project, which it sounds very much like it is, they can't even look at their work folder without seeing red and just want to either move on entirely or start over with a clean slate so none of the resentment carries over.

im reminded of the story of Iwata meeting with the developers of Earthbound and how it was 4 years late and riddled with bugs. Iwata told them they had 2 options: work with what they had and take another 2 years, or throw everything out and start over and take 6 months. Itoi agreed to the 6 months and it actually got finished

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

im reminded of the story of Iwata meeting with the developers of Earthbound and how it was 4 years late and riddled with bugs. Iwata told them they had 2 options: work with what they had and take another 2 years, or throw everything out and start over and take 6 months. Itoi agreed to the 6 months and it actually got finished

Sounds about right, hence my earlier suggestion to just move on with Barkley 3 if they're interested in continuing at all. Gain what you can from Barkley 2 by cutting your losses and using the lessons learned to make something better instead of falling victim to sunk cost.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

Sounds about right, hence my earlier suggestion to just move on with Barkley 3 if they're interested in continuing at all. Gain what you can from Barkley 2 by cutting your losses and using the lessons learned to make something better instead of falling victim to sunk cost.

i can't help but wonder just what is the immutable idea from the design doc?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Uncle Wemus posted:

references to celtic mythology

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

looking back at hellgate: london, defiance, destiny, borderlands, and now, barkley 2, it looks like "diablo with gun's" is the road to ruin

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

space marine todd posted:

looking back at hellgate: london, defiance, destiny, borderlands, and now, barkley 2, it looks like "diablo with gun's" is the road to ruin

its cursed like making a Don Quixote movie

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

its cursed like making a Don Quixote movie

Yeah. I'm not saying their gun's system wouldn't have worked but I don't think it would have been a good return on investment for the gameplay value it would have had. Dynamically generated guns is a fools game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Ultimate Doge posted:

And before arguing with me about that keep in mind I have more information about this situation than most posters ITT do

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Kickstarter needs a don't count my money towards stretch goals option. I want to be able to support a project without moving the goalposts. I would love to find out how much money you guys had to work with after Kickstarter took their cut and you paid for the rewards that did go out. Those body pillows did seem pretty high quality.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

rodbeard posted:

Kickstarter needs a don't count my money towards stretch goals option. I want to be able to support a project without moving the goalposts. I would love to find out how much money you guys had to work with after Kickstarter took their cut and you paid for the rewards that did go out. Those body pillows did seem pretty high quality.

My problem with stretch goals is by nature they're misleading, at least as far as "we'll add X feature!" goes. Any project manager who can with 100% pinpoint accuracy know in advance how much money, time and manpower any given feature will need is full of poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

uh didnt some of those...make money

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Bark Citizen

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ain't that a four-game series now? Plus spinoffs?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Somfin posted:

:dehumanize::dehumanize::dehumanize::dehumanize:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My conclusion from reading this thread is that they could potentially release a pretty kickass “demo” which would basically consist of all the programmed content that exists or ever will, and the game being declared dead itt by gz has allowed a bunch of people to finally exhale after years of feeling like they were trapped.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 8, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
basketball jokes jrpg, always destined for greatness, finally achieves the lols it dreamed of with thread drama

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
saddest of days when The Demon Rush is more feature complete

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Songbearer posted:

saddest of days when The Demon Rush is more feature complete

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

this thread taught me that there is a 3d remake of The Demon Rush headed to ps4 lmao

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Somfin posted:

definitely, but randy pitchford

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

You stand on the city of disaster,
the B-Ball City, where the Fiberoptic Offsides
Unit of Laplace, what we call "FOUL", locates.
Nobody knows about what has been going on "FOUL".
You could hear nothing but deep breathing of "FOUL".
The only way to survive is...

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Make a spiritual successor to Barkley without the bball but with the joke's

make a post apocalyptic curling rpg

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

definitely, but randy pitchford

Battle of the Bad Showrunners

Randy Pitchford vs Liam

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

Battle of the Bad Showrunners

Man, there's a pretty long list of these and anyone involved with Barkley wouldn't even register among the likes of Derek Smart and Peter Molyneux.

Natrox
Dec 2, 2013

Lord Lambeth posted:

I was thinking of a Madden tactical football RPG.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

So is the original Barkley any good? Reading page 1 of this thread people seem super hyped on the brand.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Lampsacus posted:

So is the original Barkley any good? Reading page 1 of this thread people seem super hyped on the brand.

It’s a comedy rpg that doesn’t fall into the trap a lot do of winking at the audience after every joke.

Everything is deathly serious to the characters which makes it a lot funnier.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

it's very good but fair warning some jokes have aged better than others

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lord Lambeth posted:

Just imagining the heavy character swinging 44 pound granite rocks around. It would own.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
so, game when? It's been about a decade

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Fargin Icehole posted:

so, game when? It's been about a decade

Tunicate posted:

I compiled the demo and am hosting it here, gently caress the police.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Lampsacus posted:

Theres an LP on the archive if you want to see the joke's without playing a decade year old rpg maker game. I read through it again yesterday and in a lot of ways it feels like a time capsule of The Old Internet. The writing is good but it's definitely a work of it's era.

E: fixed age per below. The rest still stands.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 8, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You mean 11 years old, not "nearly 20".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lampsacus posted:

jrpgs are absolute garbage as a genre and it's one of only two i've played from start to finish.