Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh my god the fidelity on that nothing. I'll melt all my JPGs for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh my god the fidelity on that nothing. I'll melt all my JPGs for that!

I hope so, because that ship literally costs 900 dollars

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

HumiliationWeevil is a truly horrible thing.

Sarsapariller posted:

Not three weeks after release it won’t.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Is Star Citizen pay-to-win? NO! It says it's not right on it's kickstarter page! Checkmate :boom:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

No? Pay to win!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

why the gently caress

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is Star Citizen pay-to-win? NO! It says it's not right on it's kickstarter page! Checkmate :boom:

It's never been P2W it's always been P2L

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Asmodai_00 posted:

why the gently caress

You're surprised by a $900 ship? There's a $2,500 ship that they've been selling for at least 4 years that isn't even in the game yet.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Beexoffel posted:

I may have missed my calling by not being a dad. I see Western Society breaking down, and will attempt to uphold it with Bad Punning, Rugrattovich!
I have gently caressed the quote out of this.
Has anyone said Darth Citizen yet?
Starse Citizen.

Well done soldier.
You can be a dad by proxy.
Keep those jokes/puns coming.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

In case anyone was wondering about actual travel times:

4 minutes is basically the fastest possible.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

TheAgent posted:

garbage people get really mad when you call their garbage opinions garbage

Dumpsters are for garbage.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

MedicineHut posted:

Could it also be due to the fact the 64b conversion shenanigans have somehow made, precision, collision and clipping elements insurmountably hosed?

It's almost assuredly due to the fact that their "multiple physics grids" thing doesn't work right in detecting when objects should switch physics grids. Same thing with the coffee.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Wow I should buy a Freelancer, then getting to ArcCorp would only take me ten loving minutes

also lmao at the Origin 315p being an exploration ship and having the shittiest jump drive in the game. Very cool, very regular.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm sorry Citizen you seem to be under the impression that the space yacht has options.

I think you'll find that our extremely thorough blanding process has rendered the interior almost impossibly smooth and lifeless. If the ideal for Chris Roberts Luxury Ship is a hollow white void, well- this is the next best thing. Zero personality, zero interactivity, zero form and zero function, that is the way we like it. Just one big flat waxy-shiny room after another, and absolutely NO windows- the Chairman wouldn't hear of any exterior views on his luxury spaceship. You can't buy anything, because what more could you possibly want? Only the truly rich can afford this much nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/rYDP31w

I will say that in the most basic visceral sense I like the exterior designs of their luxury ships. But I laugh every time I see the interiors, just bland, empty and function-less space that citizen's pay hundred of dollars for. That really is the game, just a bunch of empty space for you to no-clip around in your autism chariot while you imagine that you're living an amazing spaceman fantasy.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

colonelwest posted:

I will say that in the most basic visceral sense I like the exterior designs of their luxury ships. But I laugh every time I see the interiors, just bland, empty and function-less space that citizen's pay hundred of dollars for. That really is the game, just a bunch of empty space for you to no-clip around in your autism chariot while you imagine that you're living an amazing spaceman fantasy.

It's so sad too because I mean, this is the top of the line luxury yacht. This is supposed to be the billion-dollar megawhale boat, and it looks like loving trash. I mean look at the designs from actual yachts:

I mean the design notes are right there:
* Huge open spaces
* Windows everywhere. Just make it loving domed
* Furnish it like a loving hotel lobby
* All of the floors are wood, all the upholstery is white
* Bright loving light at all times

That's all you have to do! Not a corridor in sight. Corridors are for the help. But no, Star Citizen's version of a luxury yacht is a bunch of cramped windowless corridors with white metal floors and moody, dim lighting.

I hate the Star Citizen luxury yacht thing that Chris is doing, but it blows my loving mind that he can't even get it right. As soon as he gets his hands on it, it's just another series of empty white tunnels.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm sorry Citizen you seem to be under the impression that the space yacht has options.

I think you'll find that our extremely thorough blanding process has rendered the interior almost impossibly smooth and lifeless. If the ideal for Chris Roberts Luxury Ship is a hollow white void, well- this is the next best thing. Zero personality, zero interactivity, zero form and zero function, that is the way we like it. Just one big flat waxy-shiny room after another, and absolutely NO windows- the Chairman wouldn't hear of any exterior views on his luxury spaceship. You can't buy anything, because what more could you possibly want? Only the truly rich can afford this much nothing.

I think you miss the point. Its intentionally bland so people will get bored with it. Then when they start selling things for the interior people will snap them up.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I saw someone wearing Star Citizen patches on a denim jacket in the wild today. Specifically, Aegis and Anvil. Definitely one of the worse costumes at the convention.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sarsapariller posted:

Store Citizer: a hollow white void

Or is that Chris Roberts?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

It's so sad too because I mean, this is the top of the line luxury yacht. This is supposed to be the billion-dollar megawhale boat, and it looks like loving trash. I mean look at the designs from actual yachts:

I mean the design notes are right there:
* Huge open spaces
* Windows everywhere. Just make it loving domed
* Furnish it like a loving hotel lobby
* All of the floors are wood, all the upholstery is white
* Bright loving light at all times

That's all you have to do! Not a corridor in sight. Corridors are for the help. But no, Star Citizen's version of a luxury yacht is a bunch of cramped windowless corridors with white metal floors and moody, dim lighting.

I hate the Star Citizen luxury yacht thing that Chris is doing, but it blows my loving mind that he can't even get it right. As soon as he gets his hands on it, it's just another series of empty white tunnels.

Chris has a definite love for endless mazes of corridors, I guess it goes with his whole WWII in space fetish. Every interior in designed like a submarine, and as far as graphical fidelity it looks like something from 7 years ago. But I guess none of it matters because they will never implement actual game mechanics that make luxury ships anything other than giant e-peens.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nah, straight up the corridors are supposed to make it feel spaceshippy. When the Constellation came out it was a big rectangle with stuff in the corners and it looked and felt like poo poo. It emphasized how small it actually was. Same with the Freelancer. Hell, same with the Retaliator to be honest. It’s not much better now but they learned how to make them actually feel big when they made the Starfarer. The only thing that changes is how much space they waste making all those staircases and poo poo.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

I hate the Star Citizen luxury yacht thing that Chris is doing, but it blows my loving mind that he can't even get it right.

Does it really, though?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Anticheese posted:

I saw someone wearing Star Citizen patches on a denim jacket in the wild today. Specifically, Aegis and Anvil. Definitely one of the worse costumes at the convention.

Was it a cereal convention?

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Spatial posted:

Haha. Wasn't low level individuals spreading FUD the thread title at some point? If not it should be

how about

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sarsapariller posted:

Needs a price column, imo

Also lmao: "I recommend avoiding this drive unless you plan on staying on a single moon or planet". Citizens still think that there's going to be enough content that you can do this

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Foo Diddley posted:

Needs a price column, imo

Also lmao: "I recommend avoiding this drive unless you plan on staying on a single moon or planet". Citizens still think that there's going to be enough content that you can do this

I've never understood those who say there will be so much content you can stay on a single plaent for ages. I mean, even if that becomes true, its a space game, about flying spaceships. I want to be flying through space.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Jesus Christ. Not humanevil, I mean Peter Bright, can't say I've been following him closely but I remember him way back from the early internet days, early 2k Ars, the forums and IRC. When folk you "knew" way back and kinda respected turn out to be child abusers (it seems), gently caress.

edit: just been googling, gently caress me https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/peter-bright-charged-soliciting-sex-minors/

feel free to nuke the above if you want if it shouldn't be here

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 8, 2019

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Scruffpuff posted:

Does it really, though?

A little bit! Yachts seem like one of the things he has an enormous fetish for. The Constellation Phoenix, as "Luxury" art assets go, isn't bad. Granting in advance that none of this is actually functional, the interior at least looks coherent and a bit like what you would expect an executive Learjet or something to look like inside. If it were free in a game like Elite Dangerous I'd say it was a well executed concept. But of course it's sold in Star Citizen at a crazy markup, as though the "Luxury" actually meant something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYvzfyTacCw&t=354s

But then you get to the 600i and the 890j and it's like they just forgot what the ship is supposed to be. These things cost two or three times the price of the Phoenix and they look like piss-ugly FPS levels inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RInkbfjS0MQ&t=63s

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Agony Aunt posted:

I've never understood those who say there will be so much content you can stay on a single plaent for ages. I mean, even if that becomes true, its a space game, about flying spaceships. I want to be flying through space.

Doing planetside quests for 100 credits each for months and months until you can afford a license to scrub space toilets for whales. Then your journey into the 'verse can truly begin. This is what citizens think people who didn't pay to win are going to do, when really they're just going to play something else instead

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Document: https://docdro.id/Fk8H2rF
Exhibit A: https://docdro.id/i85TkMM
Proposed Order: https://docdro.id/j17EnTH

quote:

CIG’s motion for bond is built on a series of fictions. While CIG may hope that Crytek is “teetering on the brink of insolvency,” the reports of Crytek’s demise are greatly exaggerated

quote:

CIG has already incurred almost $400,000 in fees despite only recently moving past the pleadings stage of this litigation.

:ohdear:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

The physical replacing of the CryEngine code for the Lumberyard one may actually be a thing.

Also, lol at the new lawyers knowing well the pc saviour memes. Well done.

quote:

Crytek is fairness driven, not money driven, and if fairness ultimately means nothing more than stopping CIG in its tracks because monetary relief is not available, that would meet Crytek’s objectives.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 8, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I wonder if Crytek really think they have a case still or whether they are just really desperate for a win here.

"such as the fact that Crytek has already secured CIG’s delivery of its bug fixes as a result of this lawsuit"

Oh, now that's interesting, i didn't know they had got that.

They are still trying to make the point about the GLA... i thought the judge had already ruled that the GLA is not applicable? Are they basically trying to tell the judge she is wrong? If so, that won't go down well.

"The success of Star Citizen rests on its use of CryEngine"

Oh dear... CIG are so hosed :D

I think they are clutching at straws with the bit about SQ42 and "the game", since the original pitch was more for the single player game rather than the MMO side. Perhaps they should have gone for it the other way around.

Still, maybe they have something with CIG selling them as separate games. If CIG sold them together from the same launcher/in-game menu, they could easily be seen as just different parts of the same game. Like GTA story vs online or Ark solo vs online.

My guess is they are focusing on SQ42 now because CIG are focusing on releasing it soon... ish.

I also feel the new lawyers are just repeating a lot of stuff that was already dismissed by the judge in earlier rounds. I think Skadden already covered all of this.

Still, looking at the third PDF, looks like Crytek got what they wanted in relation to the bond, CIG's demand for a bond was dismissed.

Interesting.

The wording does my head in though, look at this: "Defendants Cloud Imperium Games Corp. and Roberts Space Industries Corp.’s (“Defendants’) motion for a bond pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure § 1030 came on for hearing on Friday, June 28, 2019 at 9:30 am before the Honorable Dolly M. Gee, in Courtroom 8C of the United States District Court for the Central District of California, located at 350 West 1st Street, Los Angeles, California 90012. "

June 28, 2019... erm, 3 weeks in the future.

I can only presume this is just how its phrased legally and they are referring that the bond is not required for the next step that will take place in 3 weeks time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Agony Aunt posted:

Still, looking at the third PDF, looks like Crytek got what they wanted in relation to the bond, CIG's demand for a bond was dismissed.

no, it's a proposed order. CIG can file a reply before june 14th and then there's a hearing on june 28th

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Daztek posted:

no, it's a proposed order. CIG can file a reply before june 14th and then there's a hearing on june 28th

Well, there we go, just goes to show i don't understand court development.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Daztek posted:

Document: https://docdro.id/Fk8H2rF
Exhibit A: https://docdro.id/i85TkMM
Proposed Order: https://docdro.id/j17EnTH

quote:

[CIG’s motion for bond is built on a series of fictions. While CIG may hope that Crytek is “teetering on the brink of insolvency,” the reports of Crytek’s demise are greatly exaggerated

:ohdear:

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
They are also claiming even if they lose they already won because filing the lawsuit has already provided real results. No one can say that their real objective wasn't those valuable bug fixes that were made along the way.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

I was just thinking this. I'm almost positive Tojal Tojal's IRL friend Sarcastinator is thinking of this thread, which at one point was Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishments Mausoleum > Store Citizer: LOW LEVEL INDIVIDUALS SPREADING FUD based on some stupid vertisce or tojal post or something. That dude is on some powerful brain-altering substances.

I mean the real super secret operations thread was right there!

:tinfoil:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ggangensis posted:

Yeah, that streamer spends those 4 minutes alone running around his hammerhead and showing off how great it looks. Instead of playing.
Seriously, why didn't CR just went with a glorified, nice looking and somewhat flexible (like, change scenery, music etc.) asset viewer where his army of artists just dump their models into?

He is basically doing that right now, just really badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Strange how its always in the same place for me.... must be something lowtax does to confound those who don't give him dosh.