Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

VanSandman posted:

Are we sure that the haloes are visible by the characters and not something for the reader?

Pretty sure there's a passage somewhere that explicitly references them. Also, Solomon David's sons all wearing circlets that mimic Dad's halo don't make any sense if the readers are the only ones that can see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Are we sure that the haloes are visible by the characters and not something for the reader?

Tom wrote somewhere that Allison is specifically scary in this scene because her atum is visible.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Also i'm agog to see that of the many options in the lancer kickstarter book delivery poll for how you heard about lancer they include "From reading Kill Six Billion Demons" and "Something Awful"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm amazed that the Ring of Power doesn't have a "No Devils/Angels" rule. Or are the rest of them just her corner team? Because that would be amazing.
White Chain: "Allison! I remind you again that you must strike with proper posture!"
Princess: "I smuggled in this illegal grenade. Kick him in the junk then stuff it in his mouth."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm amazed that the Ring of Power doesn't have a "No Devils/Angels" rule. Or are the rest of them just her corner team? Because that would be amazing.
White Chain: "Allison! I remind you again that you must strike with proper posture!"
Princess: "I smuggled in this illegal grenade. Kick him in the junk then stuff it in his mouth."

Solomon's heir is supposed to be able to fight off anything. Excluding competitors would be missing the point.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Dead Reckoning posted:

Pfff, like Solomon loving David is afraid of angels and devils. I imagine this is a very anything-goes type of tournament, because his is the kind of pride that doesn't make exceptions.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dead Reckoning posted:

Angels are likely already barred by The Old Laws. That or 6 Juggs is going to wreck house.

Devils would probably get in even if you did bar them.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

Well, there's no angels or devils in this image: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-64/

But that doesn't necessarily mean they can't compete. I guess we'll find out!

Tulip posted:

Angels are likely already barred by The Old Laws. That or 6 Juggs is going to wreck house.

Devils would probably get in even if you did bar them.

There's plenty of angels that don't give a poo poo about the old laws. Well, out of what few angels are even left, anyway.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Angels are top tier fighters, so are the cooler devils... but there's way, way, way more mortals and Servants in the omniverse, and the most dedicated punchmasters among them are likely on the same level.

Juggernaut Star, and to a lesser extent White Chain, seem to be highly skilled fighters even for angels.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Cio is going to show up after the first round of the Swolemon v. Allison fight and tell Solomon "This gal is a bulldozer, with a wrecking ball attached. She'll leave a ring around your eye, and treadmarks on your back."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes you gotta figure out a thing for yourself

in this case, Cio's gonna figure out a home ain't poo poo without the people in it

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 8, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tollymain posted:

sometimes you gotta figure out a thing for yourself

in this case, Cio's gonna figure out a home ain't poo poo without the people in it

Yup. It's basically just a question of when she shows up, not if. Mottom's palace, redux. I guess all of Cio's adventures with Allison have been reluctant, haven't they.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Hey Cio, think of all the Allison fanfic you're missing out on writing!"
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm on my way."

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I think about this image from time to time:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Solomon's heir is supposed to be able to fight off anything. Excluding competitors would be missing the point.
Sure, but Concordance angels are probably not allowed, and Solomon is probably smart enough to have ruled out passing off his empire to a Petal, Thorn, or Ebon if he's concerned with its longevity. Letting Devils and Angels fight would probably drive away the mortal talent that doesn't want to get murdered by an unstoppable stone kung fu master in the first round.

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

Did Cio give Allison a glasgow kiss goodbye?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Sure, but Concordance angels are probably not allowed, and Solomon is probably smart enough to have ruled out passing off his empire to a Petal, Thorn, or Ebon if he's concerned with its longevity. Letting Devils and Angels fight would probably drive away the mortal talent that doesn't want to get murdered by an unstoppable stone kung fu master in the first round.

If you're afraid of an Angel or Devil, why the hell should Solomon David consider you for his tournament?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah the real answer here with devils at least is that most ebon devils didnt get that way by not living a really long time and are going to look at the prospect of standing in the ring with solomon "superweapon" david and decide that their dread ambition needs to be resized a couple more times first

im sure petals have gotten in the ring tho

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Cio is a fan fiction writer, how can she not know that home is not where you want to be during a tournament arc?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Her entire deal these last few chapters is that she's trying to put her old habits behind, she probably deleted her FFNet account too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

The whole point of the tournament is to fight the greatest practitioner of the most powerful martial art in existence. Who gives a poo poo about the scrubs who can't even handle an angel or two?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The real answer here is this is complete speculation and we have no idea if angels + devils are allowed or not. They probably are because that would be awesome.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

If you can't beat an angel, how will you ever beat Daddy?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

We've already seen crime gangs using angels and devils as enforcers, and if you can't take down one little underworld syndicate what are you even doing at the tournament?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pseudorandom name posted:

Tom wrote somewhere that Allison is specifically scary in this scene because her atum is visible.

oh god now I want a pork bun

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

will ziad even want to be 'rescued'?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

AriadneThread posted:

will ziad even want to be 'rescued'?

Probably not! He's best buds with Swolomon right now, apparently.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Probably not! He's best buds with Swolomon right now, apparently.

Last we saw him he definitely was trying to leave, I can't imagine he's changed his mind that much in just a year. Although he's also probably somewhat swole by now.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Brought To You By posted:

Last we saw him he definitely was trying to leave, I can't imagine he's changed his mind that much in just a year. Although he's also probably somewhat swole by now.

A lot can change in two years, especially if Solomon David is actively cultivating him as a potential Rising King meant to be loyal to him.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

A lot can change in two years, especially if Solomon David is actively cultivating him as a potential Rising King meant to be loyal to him.

That would be pretty counterintuitive since he sees Zaid as a potential threat, not a loyal heir. I figure he's probably just a ward.

A... Princess to be rescued, if you will. And I will.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The bigger issue with him having a radical change of heart is that it would be entirely off screen. Which isn't unheard of but K6BD is fairly conventional storytelling.

IMHO the most interesting thing is to see how hosed Solomon will be at the end of this. Mottom is in deep poo poo, Mammon isn't exactly screwed but he's definitely shaken out of his holding pattern. It's entirely possible that they'll break Zaid out without face-to-face defeating Solomon, but even that would likely constitute a serious problem for Solomon and raise tensions among the demiurges pretty heavily. I could see the end of this arc going a bunch of different directions that would all work.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ally rescues Zaid, dumps him back on earth. He is never heard or spoken of again.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ally rescues Zaid, dumps him back on earth. He is never heard or spoken of again.
:perfect:

Also wait hold up they're already at Solomon's place!?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Grouchio posted:

:perfect:

Also wait hold up they're already at Solomon's place!?

Yeh. I mean as much as I'd personally like another 'allison rides the city bus' scene where we get to see how weird and hosed up everything is and how 'new Allison' handles it its not really that important, if you leave it in you just end up with the game of thrones thing where most of the 'story' is boring filler while the characters are fastidiously moved into position for the next interesting beat before another long and awkward pause.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean, we have Zaid for the "look how hosed everything is" bits of the Celestial Empire now

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

Last panel of the page after waving off his departing rescuers is Zaid getting arrested for suspicion of murdering a missing person (Alison).

The topic is never bought up again nor is Earth revisted.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The comic will immediately and abruptly end when they drop Zaid off on earth. Operant will delete his twitter account and drop out of social media. There will never be a continuation of what happens next.

Years later one of us will meet Operant on the streets, and when we ask about K6BD he will climb backwards up the side of a building in an effort to avoid us.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 9, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

nimby posted:

If you're afraid of an Angel or Devil, why the hell should Solomon David consider you for his tournament?

:agreed:

I'd say the only beings that may be banned from the tournament are Solomon's fellow demiurges, just because without such a clause you'd have a cascade triggering all-out war between the Seven if one of them actually participated. Even then, this could simply be a gentlemen's agreement between the Seven instead of a formal declaration.

Corollary, Maya is still technically banned from participating while Incubus technically isn't, and Solomon told this to Incubus' face in front of all others during one of the meetings.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

SardonicTyrant posted:

The comic will immediately and abruptly end when they drop Zaid off on earth. Operant will delete his twitter account and drop out of social media. There will never be a continuation of what happens next.

Years later one of us will meet Operant on the streets, and when we ask about K6BD he will climb backwards up the side of a building in an effort to avoid us.

Can't help but feel like this is what happened with elf only inn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Twibbit posted:

Can't help but feel like this is what happened with elf only inn

That is pretty much what happened with the guy who did Wormy back in the old Dragon magazine.