Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So, got a question about the Primal EX mounts (specifically Ravana's bird, which I want).

Can you do these unsynced/undersized and have a chance for the mount? Because I'm willing to bet I'll be able to solo it, by 80 if not by now, and this would save me grinding moogle tomestones for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They still drop from unsynced groups. There are still a number of ARR and HW primal mount farms going around too.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I'm a fan of Kotetsu, it's got a large guard which is feels like only it and the af weapon have.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

gettin' spooky down here........

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

He got a friend request for that.

To those lost on the joke and/or not up to date on current events: My character name is Some Jerk.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Prism posted:

So, got a question about the Primal EX mounts (specifically Ravana's bird, which I want).

Can you do these unsynced/undersized and have a chance for the mount? Because I'm willing to bet I'll be able to solo it, by 80 if not by now, and this would save me grinding moogle tomestones for it.

Look in PF under trials for farm groups. Plenty of people unsyncing ARR and HW primals for the mounts

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Most if not all of the ARR primals should be soloable at 70, though.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

there have been recent changes that make most ARR primals solo-able, the only one I haven't figured out is Ramuh

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005

CYBEReris posted:

there have been recent changes that make most ARR primals solo-able, the only one I haven't figured out is Ramuh

Granted I only have experience doing him on a healer but I didn’t find him too bad to solo at like 380ish on a Scholar. You need to keep the damage reduction buff from eating 3 of the orbs around the room up and make sure to focus the adds feeding him electricity over damaging the boss.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
When it comes to Glamurai, I tend to prefer the simpler look.

Of course, I'm not opposed to a sturdier battle outfit, if the occasion calls for it.

I'm hopeful Deltascape Savage becomes easier at level 80, so I can seek out dyeable Genji gear, but fortunately the SAM O4N chest is a colour that mixes well.

And I've posted this before, but I do like the SB PvP II set and Kotetsu remains one of my favourite swords.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

You just need to watch orbs and keep yourself at right number of stacks. It helps to have PLD for Hallowed Ground when the buff times out.

Other than that just be careful and don't walk into one of the many many orbs lying around after a while.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah, I dabble in SamGlams

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think my biggest beef with Samurai is that I can't quite work out a satisfying Sakura Shinguji cosplay glamour.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sam glam.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

SL the Pyro posted:

He got a friend request for that.

To those lost on the joke and/or not up to date on current events: My character name is Some Jerk.

And I'll tell you the same again! :argh:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Eimi posted:

SAM af3 dyed purple, from Anemos.

BLM's rotation can look simple, but being overwhelmed never goes away, at least for me. BLM is all about timer management and long cast times, and it feels pretty much unable to respond to mechanics or do anything but it's rotation. Basically BLM is simple and straight forward if you never have to move. (You will always have to move.) As a former BLM main RDM is VERY fun and does not have any of the flaws BLM has to me, so I very much recommend it for a ranged class.

I boosted a dragon on a whim and it is very fun and no cast times. The amount of moves is not too much and I like the jumping around and dragon timer mechanics. The armor looks good too. Gonna try getting that to 70.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Eimi posted:

BLM's rotation can look simple, but being overwhelmed never goes away, at least for me. BLM is all about timer management and long cast times, and it feels pretty much unable to respond to mechanics or do anything but it's rotation. Basically BLM is simple and straight forward if you never have to move. (You will always have to move.) As a former BLM main RDM is VERY fun and does not have any of the flaws BLM has to me, so I very much recommend it for a ranged class.

BLM gets so many free/instant casts on top of the teleports that I honestly feel it is far more mobile than RDM.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

This owns.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

BLM gets exponentially easier the more you know a fight. if you can keep the flow of casts going the raw damage output will push your party much faster through the fight and you'll have to deal with less mechanics and therefore less movement

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I'm by no means an experienced FFXIV dps player but BLM seems like one of the few dps classes that is less rotation based and a little more reactive. I dislike most FFXIV dps classes because I hate fixed rotations which is why I almost only play healers. But BLM has so far been pretty good.

It is frustrating to play in sync content though because the long cast times and fewer instant spells aren't great when stuff dies super fast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

funkymonks posted:

I'm by no means an experienced FFXIV dps player but BLM seems like one of the few dps classes that is less rotation based and a little more reactive. I dislike most FFXIV dps classes because I hate fixed rotations which is why I almost only play healers. But BLM has so far been pretty good.

It is frustrating to play in sync content though because the long cast times and fewer instant spells aren't great when stuff dies super fast.

BLM absolutely has a tight rotation you should be doing at 70. Playing it is largely about knowing when to use your various cooldowns to avoid having to break that rotation which varies slightly from fight to fight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

funkymonks posted:

This is, unfortunately, quite far from the truth.

BLM has one of the most unforgiving rotations of any Job in the game.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
jetstream sam posting

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

vandalism posted:

I boosted a dragon on a whim and it is very fun and no cast times. The amount of moves is not too much and I like the jumping around and dragon timer mechanics. The armor looks good too. Gonna try getting that to 70.

Dragoon is fun, and while it's got a pretty strict rotation it always makes it obvious what you should be doing. The rotation is getting smoothed out with the expansion too, with the Blood timer being harder to lose and the damage buff being simpler to keep up.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

glamurai

I wanted to use the awkwardly short kimono for something damnit.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Kuvo posted:

jetstream sam posting

Let's dance!

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

If I'm leveling up purely through dungeons, whats the best way of keeping my character at least semi-geared to their current level? I've got an AST at 45 with the starting equipment so I keep getting lovely dungeons. Should I just buy poo poo from the market board?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
So my Chocobo, "Zero Fuchs", just ran (and spectacularly lost) a race against another player whose Chocobo was named "Zero Fuchs" :mmmhmm:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

dreffen posted:

Queue straight for Syrcus tower also because it has the lowest chance to gently caress anything up. And honestly in my experience has been slightly quicker than LOTA or WoD

I don't see how anyone actually dies at this point in Sycrus Tower. It is the most chill "turn your brain off" raid I have ever seen. The bosses do like mildly irritating damage at best lol

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ankle posted:

If I'm leveling up purely through dungeons, whats the best way of keeping my character at least semi-geared to their current level? I've got an AST at 45 with the starting equipment so I keep getting lovely dungeons. Should I just buy poo poo from the market board?

Dungeons in the 51-59 and 61-69 range will always drop one piece of gear for your job after the last boss, regardless of random chests. Until then, GC seals can be turned into half decent gear with vendor gear at the side if need be. If you're on Primal I'm sure someone can round you out with hq crafted gear as well. Get poetics gear at 50 and 60 and the levelling dungeon drops should cover the rest..

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ankle posted:

The highest level dungeon will usually drop loot for your level, but otherwise, you can just buy vendor gear.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Kuvo posted:

jetstream sam posting

That's one of the Tengu chests right?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can't remember where its from, but this is cosplaying some anime character, isn't it?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Someone mentioned airships are coming in the next patch/expansion.

Are they going to be a Gil sink, or will they be obtained through the story?

If the former, do we have any idea how much they might cost?

I don't have any form of housing, and I'm told they will function in that capacity, so I'm curious.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Algid posted:

That's one of the Tengu chests right?

Rising Dragon. The tengu chests have big ol' puff balls on them.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I can't remember where its from, but this is cosplaying some anime character, isn't it?

Gemini Sunrise from the Sakura Taisen series

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I guess thats it. Weird I've never played those games, wonder how I recognized em.

Annath posted:

I don't have any form of housing, and I'm told they will function in that capacity, so I'm curious.

Privately owned airships that function as a room?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Annath posted:

do you mean something other than the airships that have existed since heavensward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't see how anyone actually dies at this point in Sycrus Tower. It is the most chill "turn your brain off" raid I have ever seen. The bosses do like mildly irritating damage at best lol

"These people appear to have been put in ice blocks, I should probably break them out!"

"Hmm, that dark purple swirly with an air aoe left behind looks scary, I should not stand in that."