Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I realized how large Corviknight is and I fear the pickle-pee pump-a-rum Uber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Farecoal posted:

Like seriously tho, is there a side quest or something? Those poor goats :(

I'm also trying to do a Gen V in my playthrough of X, and use only new Pokemon. Going pretty well, I just wish Helioptile was pure electric

There is no way to help them, and everyone is too ptsd about it to tell you.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Beachcomber posted:

There is no way to help them, and everyone is too ptsd about it to tell you.

game freak!! the gently caress!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Oxyclean posted:

I'm still hoping on some new type combos like fire/grass and fire/water.

Zedd posted:

Finally another Sheep. It's my favorite animal by far and while the Mareep line was cool; goddamn is Wooloo the best. :swoon:

It's the third line, the second was Whimsicott (the lamb of Tartary).

Zore posted:

Also you can now have on the same team;

http://www.colonsemicolon.com

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Legendaries and Mythicals don't count. :colbert:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

With the way Volcanion is presented (what makes it special and unique in-universe is its contradictory type combination), I doubt they'll make another fire/water Pokemon or they'll devalue Volcanion.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the most memorable thing about volcanion is how ugly it is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They'll make a fire/water vodka Pokémon when they set a game in not Russia.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

YaketySass posted:

Legendaries and Mythicals don't count. :colbert:
You get it.

I feel like they could do a few things for a fire/water pokemon, the more obvious being like a geyser or steam vent. But it's funny there's basically a fire/water move (scald) but no pokemon.

A fire/grass that's a chili pepper feels like an obvious idea I'm surprised they haven't done. I have no idea what a fire/electric could be, but I want one that isn't Rotom.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

fire/electric is Match

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Oxyclean posted:

But it's funny there's basically a fire/water move (scald) but no pokemon.

Oxyclean posted:

I have no idea what a fire/electric could be, but I want one that isn't Rotom.

Heliolisk should've been Electric/Fire

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I realized how large Corviknight is and I fear the pickle-pee pump-a-rum Uber

You should fear him.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

A fire/grass that's a chili pepper feels like an obvious idea I'm surprised they haven't done. I have no idea what a fire/electric could be, but I want one that isn't Rotom.

I love this one family a roomhack did:

Fire/electric should be what the soccer bunny ends up as but we all know it's gonna be fire/fighting. :sigh:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Avalerion posted:

I love this one family a roomhack did:

IIRC Pokémon Sage did every combination that hadn't already been done at the time of Gen V (outside of the Fairy type, obviously).

e:

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 8, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

one of the rare cool digimon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
hey game freak, where's my Mega Delibird??

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Farecoal posted:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope there's a new Mecha themed pokemon in Galar cause I don't like using old pokes in my first runs of a game but god be damned if I'm not going to call in my giant robot to win fights and I'll reuse Golurk if I have to.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

i don't see a santa claus beard or a bag anywhere on that bird

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Farecoal posted:

i don't see a santa claus beard

look again

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

that's a chest tuft

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
it can work as a beard and the tail can be folded into a bag just like Delibird's

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
i think you're putting too much thought into my semi-joke post

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I always put a lot of thought into everything

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that’s articuno not mega delibird

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mega smellibird

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Speaking of Volcanion, what the hell is the deal with it? As far as I remember it's existence is not mentioned at all in the generation it debuted, heck it's existence was confirmed 2 years after the games came out (though maybe data miners leaked it earlier, I can't remember) and it was only distributed in one single event months right before gen VII was released without any fanfare at all.

Being a Fire/Water Mythical Pokemon you'd think he would at least have had a role in the ocean vs land remakes, but nope.

At least Arceus had the excuse of being the Poke God and has been distributed at least once every gen since.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Volcanion had no fanfare, but neither does really any other Mythical at this point. They stopped caring about giving them stories after Gen 5.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

lezard_valeth posted:

Speaking of Volcanion, what the hell is the deal with it? As far as I remember it's existence is not mentioned at all in the generation it debuted, heck it's existence was confirmed 2 years after the games came out (though maybe data miners leaked it earlier, I can't remember) and it was only distributed in one single event months right before gen VII was released without any fanfare at all.

Being a Fire/Water Mythical Pokemon you'd think he would at least have had a role in the ocean vs land remakes, but nope.

At least Arceus had the excuse of being the Poke God and has been distributed at least once every gen since.

Yeah that's been a big issue regarding mythical Pokémon: there's only so many powers that would be awe inspiring in-universe. Coming up with new ones on the same level as Mew (able to learn any move) would be difficult.

In regards to Volcanion, it's main deal is that its a Fire/Water type, which is thought to be impossible since no other known Pokémon has this seemingly contradictory typing. Also if you show Volcanion to a certain NPC in X and Y (I think in the Lumiose Gazette office), she'll tell you more about it. Basically its as secretive as the Sasquatch and it may have destroyed a mountain range in the past where Lumiose City is now.

I kind of have the same issue with Zeraora. Nothing about it screams "awe inspiring", and it could easily pass for a Lucario clone to me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Farecoal posted:

Would you being interested in a Dynamaxxed Delibird?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
It’s bad enough for boring Mythicals like Volcarona or Zerora, but your can’t tell me that it would be that hard to give things like Magearna or Genesect roles in a plot that fit their backstory.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't Genesect made by Team Plasma? And Magearna by some dude in poke britain (now Galar)?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Volcanion is basically just Heatran.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

It’s bad enough for boring Mythicals like Volcarona or Zerora, but your can’t tell me that it would be that hard to give things like Magearna or Genesect roles in a plot that fit their backstory.

Genesect has just that in BW and B2W2:

quote:

Genesect was revived from a Fossil and technologically enhanced by Team Plasma to create the most powerful Pokémon ever. N had the project cancelled and the P2 Laboratory closed because he felt that Pokémon, who he thought to be perfect beings, would lose their beauty if modified by science. However, Scientist Dudley kept working on it, angry that N denied his talent. This scientist reconstructed Genesect and installed the cannon on its back.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Can you Dynamax a mega evolved pokemon? Can we get giant Mega Mawile?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The S&S Pokédex posted:

When Mega Slowbro goes Dynamax, only the Shellder grows big!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Normal should have resisted and been super effective vs fairy, to make it a real type instead of a cruel joke

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Normal should have resisted and been super effective vs fairy, to make it a real type instead of a cruel joke

bit rude to call fairy not a real type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

cheetah7071 posted:

Normal still has the highest BST no-frills 100% accurate move! ...that nobody uses any more because coverage is so much more important now.

Edit: Still love using a banded Stoutland as my sand sweeper, though.