Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Ohhhh you could do headless with a fire head aura and make some kinda candle man.

No head fire aura is a powerful look. The eyes option for Celestial aura is also good. Shame you can't match it with a hood or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

jjac posted:

That sounds awesome but John Wick is probably taken by now.

John Wick, John Wick 2, and John Wick 3 are all taken

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

lol if you posted:

John Wick, John Wick 2, and John Wick 3 are all taken

As is Keanu Reeves.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sophism posted:

I've been trying to find a character concept for the floating lanterns back option for ages now.

I'm furious because I've tried to make a golem for a while and never made it click, and this is proof that I was extremely close with my Nemesis Warhulk.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

jjac posted:

That sounds awesome but John Wick is probably taken by now.

I’ve got myself a headless fire guy in a suit named Candle Wick, because I wanted to be slightly less than 100% blatant.

Originally a DP/SR sentinel, I’ve since switched to Fire/SR.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 8, 2019

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Could make Bon Wick, the Lumiere/John Wick mashup.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

DangerDan posted:

I think it's because the rage change was a bugfix technically, but at this point avoiding the Def crash was a feature.

And honestly for as much as the blame can be laid on the private server for fixing the bug, I'm still mad at Castle for specifically saying he would finally address Rage once and for all only to never do so. Once he left I don't think I ever even heard anything about Rage from the devs ever again.

-Def is the dumbest possible crash condition and feels like a throwback to the bad old days of power design like when Unyielding carried a -5% defense penalty because it was originally Unyielding Stance (you literally immobilized yourself to do the Superman arms-on-hips stance and let bullets bounce off you) and it was like pulling teeth to get it removed even after numbers were crunched and it was apparent that under certain circumstances turning on Unyielding would actually make you take MORE damage.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Rage's design is just terrible all the way down. I think the cherry on the cake is that the power's tooltip recommends you take a 600 second cooldown ability to mitigate a 240 second cooldown ability's downside, which doesn't even do all that good a job of handling the crash.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Moola posted:

I cant stop making stupid gimmick characters

The background bit about lifting would be better if it read more like the requirements for a retail job. "Able to lift and carry 40lbs" etc

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

His lightning powers are colored white for extra pun.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'm sorry, why is his name not White Lightning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5pM1HXxlI

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You say he was hit my instead of hit by.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Amstrad posted:

I'm sorry, why is his name not White Lightning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5pM1HXxlI

Cause it was taken by a filthy pubbie

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

TGLT posted:

No head fire aura is a powerful look. The eyes option for Celestial aura is also good. Shame you can't match it with a hood or something.

What do angry cactus noises sound like?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUo3Rd2TiA&t=166s

Washout fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 8, 2019

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Was there a tweak to salvage drop rates? 'cause I got an orange killing random street Hellions at like, Level 2 - and it's only selling for like 4-500k and (seemingly) still dropping.

edit: also yes good cactus noises i approve

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

having made a Beasts MM i now face the most dire challenge of my quest

help!! which emotes can my doggos use with /petsay! how can I pet my doggo!!

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Tsurupettan posted:

I think most people just aren't aware of the nerf made to rage which is that you can't avoid the def debuff by double stacking it. Here's my Rage hot take: it's plenty usable on a team with support still but they ruined it for soloing.

I mean, if you're soloing as a tank you're probably rarely in a position where -20% defence for 10 seconds is going to get you killed and you're already living with being useless every ten seconds anyway. It's an unnecessary nerf and a pain in the rear end but it's not like it's made it unplayably bad.

I think the real disappointment is the new devs seem to have noticed the fact that all the launch sets are worse than all the sets that came later and generally tried to pull up, but this makes SS worse than SJ/Savage/Titan for no good reason.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ghost of Starman posted:

Was there a tweak to salvage drop rates? 'cause I got an orange killing random street Hellions at like, Level 2 - and it's only selling for like 4-500k and (seemingly) still dropping.

edit: also yes good cactus noises i approve

I don't think so. With my many characters I've gotten a few orange drops over random low level stuff before too. I think the main difference is that there are a lot more farmers now supplying the market.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Ramen Pride! posted:

Yeah you're doing great

Fantastic. Pretty sure all of my characters will now be some form of googly-eyed monstrosity.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've come up with a character that I want to be claws/invulnerability for thematic reasons but I can't decide if I want to do brute or stalker. Long story short he's a praetorian version of an existing character so scrapper is off the table. Any input on which one of these I should go with? I still haven't decided if I want him to be a tough guy rear end in a top hat (brute) or cold, calculating ninjatype (stalker) so I could go either way with this concept.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I don't think so. With my many characters I've gotten a few orange drops over random low level stuff before too. I think the main difference is that there are a lot more farmers now supplying the market.

It is 100% farmers flooding the market. It's also probably why Aegis prices never really go down. Five of those is a nice +4.69 fire defense.

Crasical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFpRX8ESuI

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Why is it fire that is the farm critter of choice? why not Axe, or ice or psionic?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

At a guess: most damage types have secondary effects that aren't damage, fire's secondary effect is usually more fire.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Plus Fiery Aura's got two AOE powers (Blazing Aura and Burn), an endurance drain (Consume), a heal (Healing Flames), and it's stupid easy to get to 90% fire resist even with just basic enhancements. It's also real easy to get to 45% fire defense.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Ah, ok, its the guy doing the farming and the mobs. i thought it was mobs only, that makes sense. very much a specialized feeder that fail in a more competitive environment not tailored to them specifically.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

winterwerefox posted:

Why is it fire that is the farm critter of choice? why not Axe, or ice or psionic?

It's actually fire armor combined with a heavy AOE damage set.

Fire Defense has a damage aura. It also innately has a poo poo ton of fire resist, a self heal and a stamina drain.

Combine that with Spines or Rad melee and you now have two damage auras, dealing fire and toxic.

Now you make an Architect mission full of enemies that deal exclusively fire damage (not fire/smashing or anything) and have really great energy/ice/negative energy/psychic defenses/resists.

Before you get into slotting you're just taking very little damage and passively murdering all the minions.

Now add in sets and you can solo farm +4/8.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Why must the enemies have huge resists?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Bloodly posted:

Why must the enemies have huge resists?

The "tougher" the enemies are the more XP they're worth, so if they're tough to damage you don't do you'll get way more XP.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

ss/bio is super fun

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

kumba posted:

ss/bio is super fun

You need to hang out with the Sands of Moo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Since we're posting cows, here's my new Rad/Fire Brute, Cherno-Bull:

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Re: Fire Farming

I've been using a TW/Fire Brute to farm and even without full sets, I'm doing +4/8 at level 45. The amount of Inf, salvage, recipes, and rewards you get doing it solo is insane. He's basically fueling the rest of my characters. He's not even close to optimal either.

It's repetitive and grindy but I find that the farming itself is always pretty active. If you're not on top of your Defense, +damage buffs, etc., you'll either get dropped or slow yourself way down. Some of the AE missions have AVs in them that assist by herding or buffing. Farmers have really tried to get it down to a science. Once you get Incarnate powers, it really speeds up but I'm not there yet.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Crasical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WlEROycaFM

Bonus points, it really pisses off some old-school players because GW2 is a NCSoft joint.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So FYI there's been some INTERNET DRAMA with the Pleiades/Reborn server.

I don't know the details so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard the guy with the server hardware has a disagreement with the GM team, and that has resulted in the server's hardware being taken down. There's rumors about what the disagreement was about, but that seems irrelevant - the main takeaway is that the servers are down or are going down.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Harrow posted:

Since we're posting cows, here's my new Rad/Fire Brute, Cherno-Bull:

I KNEW that was a goon. Too good not to be.

Edit:You can get some real nice shots in this game if you do it right.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 9, 2019

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

khy posted:

I don't know the details so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard the guy with the server hardware has a disagreement with the GM team, and that has resulted in the server's hardware being taken down. There's rumors about what the disagreement was about, but that seems irrelevant - the main takeaway is that the servers are down or are going down.

Which one is that one?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

khy posted:

I'm sure that plenty of people are going to have a ton of fun on tiny private servers(Goon server, etc), but I bet Homecoming is the only big name that's going to be in it for the long haul. As long as NCsoft's legal dept maintains it's continued silence, I really get the feeling that Homecoming is going to be around for a good while, and likely with a minimal amount of drama. *Fingers Crossed*

Sure, I'm still a little mad at Leandro & Co for the sustained gaslighting, but every other server seems to be amateur hour by comparison. I just want to play CoX with a few thousand other people who aren't literal nazis. That's exactly what I've got atm, and I'm happier than a pig in poo poo over it. Is that so wrong?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Brave New World posted:

Is that so wrong?

Time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I'm loving punching poo poo super hard and knocking foes out of the way as Marina Liteyears.

Shake, shake!