Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Ambaire posted:

23 deaths on act10 kitava, during which he covered the platform in adds during the last heart phase and I had to resort to mindlessly spamming a skill at the heart until I died and then returning to the last point and doing it again. gently caress that stupid fight. And then when I said that in guild chat, everyone relentlessly mocked me, I guess for my stupidity or something.

gently caress it, I am done.

I deleted all of my characters. I am done with this loving stupid game forever. gently caress it, i quit

I mean we probably would've helped you if you had asked, but your first response to people giving you poo poo was to go 'gently caress this' and delete everything, so :shrug:

edit: a terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Ambaire posted:

23 deaths on act10 kitava, during which he covered the platform in adds during the last heart phase and I had to resort to mindlessly spamming a skill at the heart until I died and then returning to the last point and doing it again. gently caress that stupid fight. And then when I said that in guild chat, everyone relentlessly mocked me, I guess for my stupidity or something.

I deleted all of my characters. I am done with this loving stupid game forever. gently caress it, i quit

wow

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ambaire posted:

lol

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ambaire posted:

You're the same person who noticed that their hideout had a map device in it and wanted to skip all of act 10. You complained when we told you it won't work if you don't finish the story. You then asked about keeping a golem alive despite your character having 2.6k life.

You'd have gone into maps and gotten owned just as hard.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Is Lioneye's Vision a good armour for an armour bow character? It has a built in level 15 pierce so it'll help in damage, life, and decent amounts of armour. There's just so many unique chests to pick I'm not sure whats a good one for a champion.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Budgie posted:

You're the same person who noticed that their hideout had a map device in it and wanted to skip all of act 10. You complained when we told you it won't work if you don't finish the story. You then asked about keeping a golem alive despite your character having 2.6k life.

You'd have gone into maps and gotten owned just as hard.

Oh poo poo, that was the same person? I should've laughed harder then.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

This is a stupid divine ire question

I'm holding down left mouse button to move, then start channeling divine ire by pressing, additionally, some other button (right mouse button is where I have it)

If I let go of the divine ire button, it does *not* fire the beam, it instead just decides "oh you're moving" and cancels it.

What do I do to fix this? Different key bindings, different playstyle, train my brain to not continue holding down move while channeling...

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Ambaire posted:

Not exactly what I would call relentless mocking, but whatever floats your boat.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ambaire posted:

lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would've gone "oh I'm not ready for this" somewhere around the half-dozen mark.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

oh hey new mystery boxes! looks like it's time for some sweet new armor sets, like uhhh... okay a skeleton in cowboy leathers that's pretty rad and... hmm... a racist halloween costume? are we... are we sure this is right?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

silvergoose posted:

This is a stupid divine ire question

I'm holding down left mouse button to move, then start channeling divine ire by pressing, additionally, some other button (right mouse button is where I have it)

If I let go of the divine ire button, it does *not* fire the beam, it instead just decides "oh you're moving" and cancels it.

What do I do to fix this? Different key bindings, different playstyle, train my brain to not continue holding down move while channeling...

IIRC Divine Ire has a minimum hold time before it can fire a beam so you may be moving too soon.

If that's not what's happening it may just be another of a long list of bugs happening right now.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SpruceZeus posted:

oh hey new mystery boxes! looks like it's time for some sweet new armor sets, like uhhh... okay a skeleton in cowboy leathers that's pretty rad and... hmm... a racist halloween costume? are we... are we sure this is right?

Do we really need this in the thread too?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

IIRC Divine Ire has a minimum hold time before it can fire a beam so you may be moving too soon.

If that's not what's happening it may just be another of a long list of bugs happening right now.

LMB down (move)
RMB down (divine ire)
wait until stack is 20
RMB up

no beam

That's not how it's supposed to work?

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Sounds like you're cancelling your divine ire with movement.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Both Washington DC and Texas gateways are doing this to me:

Anything I can do or is it just that it's Saturday night on the 2nd day of Legion and GGG's servers are on fire?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah it sounds like it's an unintended effect of their new animation cancelling.

Also, while apparently half the water in the game is currently strobe lights for me (only some of it after turning down water detail) it was largely livable until I got to the black core and made the discovery that that particular water was loving bazonkers broken and drove me down to single digit frames. I have no idea why all of a sudden the water is my enemy.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Otacon posted:

Both Washington DC and Texas gateways are doing this to me:

Anything I can do or is it just that it's Saturday night on the 2nd day of Legion and GGG's servers are on fire?

cali has been fine

SpruceZeus posted:

:thunk:

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Krazuel posted:

Not exactly what I would call relentless mocking, but whatever floats your boat.

Is MistressShockALot going to punish you for not beating Kitava?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

BadMedic posted:

Thanks for this.

Loot boxes are the one thing GGG does that I'm really uncomfortable with, and the possibility of useless duplicates, as well as an unbounded cost makes it feel really lovely to me.

ehh i'm against it too but in fairness they hold those "buy weta get box" like seven times a year so :shrug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ambaire posted:

I mean you could have asked for help instead of having a tantrum

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So after careful consideration and peer pressure, I'm going to roll a Berserker probably in the next few days. I'm looking at three possible choices: Elemental Hit, Glacial Hammer or CHAIN HOOK.

The problem lies in the fact that PoB isn't updated for CHAIN HOOK and there's exactly one person on the ladder right now running it, and nobody in guild nor global is either. I have nothing to compare it to. So I would probably run it with a Brutus' Lead Sprinkler and strength stack. Endgame options would probably be a Xophs and just a bunch of rares that give strength.

If I did Glacial Hammer it would be pretty easy to build. Use two of the conversion jewels and a Frostbreath and just stack the gently caress out of sources of flat phys and cold. The conversion jewels also provide splash.

Elemental Hit is another thing I considered. I have the Frostferno prophecy so I could run one of those and a Kaoms. I would start with a Brightbeak and eventually switch to a Shaped behemoth mace w/ aspd + fire pen + other poo poo.

I don't know. I'll think on it for a day or something.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Do the Chain Hook one, see how many times you die to A10 Kitava :v:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The map tab changes are the best thing in this league.

Krazuel posted:

Lol at that anger.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ambaire posted:

Have you tried turning off and back on again?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah it sounds like it's an unintended effect of their new animation cancelling.

Also, while apparently half the water in the game is currently strobe lights for me (only some of it after turning down water detail) it was largely livable until I got to the black core and made the discovery that that particular water was loving bazonkers broken and drove me down to single digit frames. I have no idea why all of a sudden the water is my enemy.

ubachung posted:

Sounds like you're cancelling your divine ire with movement.

Makes sense. How the gently caress do I get myself to not do that? :v:

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
lol good question

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ambaire posted:

At least now you wont see the "you need to bind the following actions to an input" message now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also Im trying SSFHC for the first time and Im in a constant state of terror. Im going to consider this run a success if I get past act 5

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Control Volume posted:

At least now you wont see the "you need to bind the following actions to an input" message now

Wait wait wait it's the same person as that, too???

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Larry Parrish posted:

hes easy the problem you had is you just didnt have enough tank or damage

i stand in the fire and die 5 times every time because i'm incapable of learning

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i stand in the fire and die 5 times every time because i'm incapable of learning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-8SnkZHvw

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I didnt know about the platform that didnt get hit with fire for the longest time until one run where I accepted my death and stood in place, but didnt die

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I've definitely died to act 10 kitava an embarrassing number of times in a row before. Not buying any life nodes because I didn't want to mass respec into CI later seemed like a good idea at the time!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The first time I fought kitava I think my death count was in the dozens before I got him down. Thats when I realized the importance starting out with a build guide

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Planning things out when there's no PoB support is annoying.

There's no Chain Hook, and no updated Glacial Hammer.

I had to log into standard and test something myself. Standard!

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 9, 2019

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vasudus posted:

Planning things out when there's no PoB support is annoying.

There's no Chain Hook, and no updated Glacial Hammer.

I had to log into standard and test something myself. Standard!

You don't need the PoB or guide or feedback or any of that. You know the answer, you know the ratios. Believe in yourself.

No gently caress that, believe in me who believes in you.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Krazuel posted:

Some good PoE names on that chatlog :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

SpruceZeus posted:

This just in: costumes aren't inherently racist and are not cultural appropriation. Thanks.

The new boss and yellow mob difficulty curve are something else. I'm thinking I suck at the whole spectral throw stuff. Got some claws with amazing life on hit but my damage sucks. The monoliths are pretty amazing though.

Anyone know if there is a comprehensive list of symbols for the monolith stuff?