Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

stale meme dot png posted:

This is of course a huge gamble, as if the car isn't able to be fixed on a Saturday by their in-house techs, I'll have wasted two days of my life in Cincinnati. Life is too short to take that risk

:getout: Cincinnati is a fine town. I lived there before moving up to Detroit and miss it.

Glad you were able to get it sorted out in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
How much do y'all pay for car insurance? I feel like my premium is absolutely insane.

2016 GT, I put 5-8k miles on it a year and have almost nothing left on the loan. Yet everywhere I look my premium is $900+ for 6months, recently went up $100.

Perfect driving record, amazing credit.

I have a co-worker with a Telsa worth twice as much, he has a DUI and pays half as much in insurance.

What the gently caress?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dinurth posted:

How much do y'all pay for car insurance? I feel like my premium is absolutely insane.

2016 GT, I put 5-8k miles on it a year and have almost nothing left on the loan. Yet everywhere I look my premium is $900+ for 6months, recently went up $100.

I have a co-worker with a Telsa worth twice as much, he has a DUI and pays half as much in insurance.

What the gently caress?

Do you live in a high insurance city compared to co worker that lives across a county line or something? You might also actually have coverage where they have state minimums.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

$650/6mo for a '17 GT PP fastback. $750,000 in coverages with a $500k umbrella over top of it. (The umbrella sits over top of my bike insurance and homeowners too).

Really depends where you live and drive.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Dinurth posted:

What the gently caress?

I live in Dallas and was just quoted about the same for my 2016 GT. It was a little shocking.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Insurance rates seem to be based on a random number generator. Years ago when I changed from Geico to State Farm, my rate dropped from $180/mo to $70/month--same car, driver, coverage, location etc. For my current car ('18 Mustang GT) my rate seems to be about $550-600 for 6 months, but every month or two I get a notice in the mail stating my rates have changed by X amount so it's a constantly-moving target.

(Single middle-age male, Austin, I have not had any recent tickets or accidents, and I have good credit if that matters.)

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Also in Austin - still don't understand why my rate is so high and not a single insurance agent can tell me anything.

The weird thing is if I do a quote with my (now-ex) as the primary on the quote and myself, it's roughly $450, but if I put myself as primary, or solo, it's $900.

Insurance is a loving scam.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dinurth posted:

Also in Austin - still don't understand why my rate is so high and not a single insurance agent can tell me anything.

The weird thing is if I do a quote with my (now-ex) as the primary on the quote and myself, it's roughly $450, but if I put myself as primary, or solo, it's $900.

Insurance is a loving scam.

Insuring single males is not something rational insurance companies want to do. I am assuming that is the main driver of your rate besides lol mustang. If you are not a dude then I really don't understand. Try the local farm insurance company. They are sometimes wacky different.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Back in 2000 when I got my Mustang it was $300 a month. When I got married a few years later its about $100 a month. Actually when I got married my insurance rates on everything went down drastically.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Time to get remarried!

Checked with Farmers insurance, the same coverage is less than half the price.

I really don't understand insurance.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Single male with a mustang is pretty much the worst case scenario for an insurance quote, especially if you're under 25.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

H2SO4 posted:

Single male with a mustang is pretty much the worst case scenario for an insurance quote, especially if you're under 25.

Well yeah, but nearly 40 with perfect everything and the cost doubled over the last year?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Dinurth posted:

Time to get remarried!

Checked with Farmers insurance, the same coverage is less than half the price.

I really don't understand insurance.

Trust me, a wife is a hell of a lot more expensive than $200 a month.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Should I buy a low-mile high-trim New Edge Mustang? My car is taking a poo poo on me AGAIN and its unreliability is making me think I need something less poo poo despite how much I love it. A New Edge has always been my dream car and now might be the time.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Why a new edge?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

ilkhan posted:

Why a new edge?

Yeah, no offense, but I don't get the appeal of those at this point. Unless we're talking a Terminator or something. GT vs GT the S197 is vastly better car in every respect, with the possible exception of something subjective like styling (which, while I wouldn't agree, I could totally get).

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Can’t you get a new edge GT for like, $3k at this point?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buy a 94 95 302. Pushrods are your friends.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Krakkles posted:

You can get the 197 for 5 at most.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Q_res posted:

Yeah, no offense, but I don't get the appeal of those at this point. Unless we're talking a Terminator or something. GT vs GT the S197 is vastly better car in every respect, with the possible exception of something subjective like styling (which, while I wouldn't agree, I could totally get).

Definitely the styling. The S197 is incredibly boring looking. Mustangs have been ugly (in my subjective opinion) for 15 years now. I want a New Edge Mustang or no Mustang.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

As someone who considers the New Edge the ugliest Mustang ever built...

more power to you man.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Really? You think the early 4th gen ones before the styling change in '99 were better?

Well, that's the thing with styling I guess... all subjective.

Krakkles posted:

With like a billion miles and poo poo paint sure. I'm looking for something that's aged better.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I think the 94-98 car is bland and boring looking, but kind of handsome bit way of being inoffensive. If that makes sense. The New Edge, to me, looks like it came time to refresh the SN95 and the only tool they had handy in the studio to work on the clay model was a hatchet.

Really want your mind blown? I don't think the Mustang II is any worse looking than the New Edge...

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Q_res posted:

Really want your mind blown? I don't think the Mustang II is any worse looking than the New Edge...

I dunno... I think your taste in Mustangs is actually worse than mine.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Yeah, at this point 2015+ or bust. Everything older is.... Yeah. And I drove an 01 V6 for a decade.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ilkhan posted:

Yeah, at this point 2015+ or bust. Everything older is.... Yeah. And I drove an 01 V6 for a decade.

They are such good cars the only good mustangs.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
2015 ruined all other Mustangs for me, just completely.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
gently caress yall and your independent rear suspensions

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Resting Lich Face posted:

I dunno... I think your taste in Mustangs is actually worse than mine.

I didn't say the Mustang II was good looking...

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

With like a billion miles and poo poo paint sure. I'm looking for something that's aged better.
A big part of what kept me from seriously considering selling mine recently was that basically perfect examples - I.e., reasonable miles, good/great paint, and the mods I would want if I were building one, having owned one for almost a decade - were asking $6k.

If you dig it and you want one, go for it. Know that they’re not fast stock, the headlights suck and there’s nothing you can do about it, and you can’t do the mustang fog light thing.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I mostly really like my S550 GT and it would probably murder my S197 GT on a road course, but just driving around generally the S197 felt lighter and more "free" to me. My S550 feels very planted and stable but it also feels like it has more of a tendency or bias for understeer.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Q_res posted:

gently caress you.

Q_res posted:

As someone who considers the New Edge the ugliest Mustang ever built...

more power to you man.
Go f a d.

ilkhan posted:

This post is embarrassing for you.

Ya'll can take my 305 hp V8 from my cold dead hands. Driving this thing along a thruway barrier is aural heaven.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Cage posted:

Driving this thing through a highway barrier is heaven.

I love that because I'm in the mustang thread my brain automatically red the post like this. Checks out.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dunno I love these cars. I puked in my car last week so I took the seats out. Took me 10 minutes!

The aftermarket headlights I had were lovely and faded. Swapped them with the oems, took two minutes!

Experience what its like to live in luxury

https://kuula.co/post/7PKZQ

Find one with low miles and low mods. Mine had 21k miles and a catback/shifter/air intake and that was it. They're still out there.

Make sure you get a mach 1 as they have the correct rear quarter window.

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 28, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Cage posted:

Find one with low miles and low mods. Mine had 21k miles and a catback/shifter/air intake and that was it. They're still out there.

Make sure you get a mach 1 as they have the correct rear quarter window.

Yep. I'm looking for a low-miles Mach 1 Automatic. Yeah yeah I know, BuT mUh MaNUaL HuRRrrr. I'm not good at driving stick and while that'd improve with practice I don't loving want to deal with it daily in a major metro area. It's not like I'm racing it anyway... auto is perfectly fine for making loud noises and hammering it to the speed limit on the rare occasions I'm not in bullshit traffic.

There's definitely a few out there. It's looking like I'll have to fly out and drive it back, as they're not exactly common, but I like road trips so that's almost a bonus. Looking at a couple with about 30k miles at dealerships, one much lower but in a less desirable color (and hey, if I'm gonna do this I want it perfect - if I wanted to compromise I'd get something more sensible) and not at a dealership but it may be too good to pass up.

I'd love if I could get one that came with an aftermarket catback to make that V8 really roar but they're not horribly expensive and part of the point would be to have a car I can learn to do basic work on. Plus if I got one myself I could choose one that sounds exactly like I want (dem dump exhaust pop noises :kimchi:)

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 28, 2019

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cage posted:

I puked in my car last week so I took the seats out.

This would be a great thread title, and I'd bet that post-puke cleanup is way easier in a New Edge than an S197 or S550.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Yep. I'm looking for a low-miles Mach 1 Automatic. Yeah yeah I know, BuT mUh MaNUaL HuRRrrr. I'm not good at driving stick and while that'd improve with practice I don't loving want to deal with it daily in a major metro area. It's not like I'm racing it anyway... auto is perfectly fine for making loud noises and hammering it to the speed limit on the rare occasions I'm not in bullshit traffic.

There's definitely a few out there. It's looking like I'll have to fly out and drive it back, as they're not exactly common, but I like road trips so that's almost a bonus. Looking at a couple with about 30k miles at dealerships, one much lower but in a less desirable color (and hey, if I'm gonna do this I want it perfect - if I wanted to compromise I'd get something more sensible) and not at a dealership but it may be too good to pass up.

I'd love if I could get one that came with an aftermarket catback to make that V8 really roar but they're not horribly expensive and part of the point would be to have a car I can learn to do basic work on. Plus if I got one myself I could choose one that sounds exactly like I want (dem dump exhaust pop noises :kimchi:)
Youre looking at azure blue, right? That's the only thing I slightly regret, the color.

Twerk from Home posted:

This would be a great thread title, and I'd bet that post-puke cleanup is way easier in a New Edge than an S197 or S550.
Two nuts and two bolts per seat. It was a bitch in my old car because the bolts were seized but this one was a cinch.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Cage posted:

Youre looking at azure blue, right? That's the only thing I slightly regret, the color.

Screaming Yellow is the ideal, but that's only '04. I found a beauty in yellow but it's the shittier '03 yellow.

Red, White, and Black are the other preferences, roughly in that order. I don't like the blue.

The dream is Screaming Yellow. God I love it.

E: digging the louvers, probably something I'd add as well. Also license plate is A+.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 28, 2019

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Newedges are simply the best. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I don’t own one, but a friend has a 2017 5.0 Mustang Convertible and the small rear window got off track somehow. Is this a common thing or not?