Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

dude looks like the gerber baby

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Completely real 12 y/o with degree in New Media explains that You select a character after you join a match and can switch at any point during a respawn. TF2's cast of nine playable characters in TF2 breaks down into three classes: Offense, Defense, and Support. In matches, players are split into two teams: RED (Reliable Excavation & Demolition) and BLU (Builders League United).

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
Some trolls are craft. This is art.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I mean I was a little disappointed when all the comments weren’t simply “git gud.” Clearly he doesn’t like arcade style shooters, but to say TF2 is ugly and difficult to navigate maps is objectionably wrong. Kids these days.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I don't understand why someone who hates F2P multiplayer shooters is reviewing an F2P multiplayer shooter.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I mean I was a little disappointed when all the comments weren’t simply “git gud.” Clearly he doesn’t like arcade style shooters, but to say TF2 is ugly and difficult to navigate maps is objectionably wrong. Kids these days.

I guess because it's not just an open island space that slowly gets smaller over the duration of 20 minutes.

"You mean there might be points I have to go to INSIDE buildings? and if I stray off the beaten path the game doesn't tell me and start draining my health? what is this??!"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

Chat from other players sounds a bit garbled, but that's likely a result of those players' using poor quality microphones and headsets.

or the voice codec is literally a decade old? who's letting infants review old games

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm here to roast this absolute noob.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
He knew the answer to that guy's question but chose to complain about them in an online article instead lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jippa posted:

Resurrecting this thread with an amazing review.

https://www.pcmag.com/review/294028/team-fortress-2-for-pc

Simply put, TF2's mechanics don't feel precise. Movement is slippery and it's difficult to deftly avoid enemy gunfire or to land exactly where you want when jumping from a platform, for example. Weapons also lack weight and are cumbersome to aim. As with in Fortnite, eliminating a TF2 enemy player is a matter of luck rather than skill.

lol

quote:

I had the most fun playing as the Pyro class and using the flamethrower.
lol

quote:

Scouts move quickly and utilize a shotgun as a main weapon. Of course, this player class does not do a ton of damage
:thunk:

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 8, 2019

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Hey, Pyro is my jam too, but I freely admit I never could aim for poo poo

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I mean there are pyros that do things that are fun and skillful, but the would always be better spent playing soldier, scout, or demo instead.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How many times am I gonna figure out the guy who is gonna get the most mad when i taunt after kill. I think I have a problem.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

How many times am I gonna figure out the guy who is gonna get the most mad when i taunt after kill. I think I have a problem.
It's always fascinated me, people getting angry at fun animations after a kill.

Even games where taunting after a kill was a core gameplay mechanic that gave you extra cash, you'd still get people screaming you had "No possible reason to taunt".

More so hearing that about TF2. Because one of my most amusing gaming memories was a guy teabagging someone getting shamed out of a server with not mad, just disappointed explanations about how there are actual taunts they can use instead.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
When is someone going to make that server mod that forces taunt after every kill?

Also tantrum on the objective should increase the cap rate by +.5

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Like.. I know youre mad, dude. You keep typing how not mad you are.
You know how ill know your not mad? If you dont say anything

I like to target people who curse a lot.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

It's a special kind of fun to Equalizer taunt after every kill.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I miss the days when equalizer taunting with rocket jumper equipped didn't kill me, but still killed anyone near me.

Hunting oblivious snipers with that was so much fun

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I feel a small connection to what class you're playing has a factor on how mad some people get.

Sniper taunts get people way more upset than any other class in my experience. One time I taunted a guy after killing him with a charged bodyshot and he spent the next ten minutes writing an essay about how I was in fact bad at the game.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/PaulMcIcedTea/status/1136971550568189952?s=19

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

Where's the go-to place for price checking items these days?

People are offering ~$300 on this but I've been out of the game so long I have no idea what prices are like now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Marketplace.tf

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PinheadSlim posted:

I feel a small connection to what class you're playing has a factor on how mad some people get.

Sniper taunts get people way more upset than any other class in my experience. One time I taunted a guy after killing him with a charged bodyshot and he spent the next ten minutes writing an essay about how I was in fact bad at the game.

To this day some of the most fun I've had in this game is taunting on huntsman kills.

Especially against other snipers.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe an actual human being thinks that Overwatch has better maps than TF2

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Roth posted:

I can't believe an actual human being thinks that Overwatch has better maps than TF2
I still like OW a lot, but there are maybe 2 OW maps with as much charm as the average TF2 map.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Straight White Shark posted:

To this day some of the most fun I've had in this game is taunting on huntsman kills.

Especially against other snipers.

Stab stab stab!

I had renamed mine "The Humbling Huntsman of Humility"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I really want a strange huntsman

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
OW has some cool concepts that I think could be cribbed by TF2, but they also have some mind numbingly awful gameplay decisions that make it bad as well. The amount of heath and healing in the game can make it quite a slog. That doesn’t get into crowd control, shields, and hard counters.

I think a big part of the issues with OW maps is they really don’t iterate much. It comes out then remains unchanged, where TF typically made a lot of changes to maps in the early days (pre-F2P). Also TF2 had a better design philosophy with the 2 1/2 entrances per choke point so it wasn’t easy to lock down.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I just don't like the amount of stuns in Overwatch, and I don't think there's a single character in TF2 less fun to play against or even have on your team than Mei.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Roth posted:

I just don't like the amount of stuns in Overwatch, and I don't think there's a single character in TF2 less fun to play against or even have on your team than Mei.

Hell, TF2 removed some stuns because "stuns aren't fun".

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

No one who has ever been moonshot by the Sandman didn't deserve it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dieting Hippo posted:

Hell, TF2 removed some stuns because "stuns aren't fun".

they removed basically all of them because they sucked and everyone hated them, and replaced them with basically disarms. I can't think of a real stun that's still in the game other than as part of a couple of taunt kills.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Roth posted:

Mei is an rear end in a top hat but her ability to control a battlefield is really unique and fun. Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't know what map design is so every single map is wide arena > chokepoint > wide arena.

God the map design in overwatch was hot loving trash how did I play it for so long

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Mei is an rear end in a top hat but her ability to control a battlefield is really unique and fun. Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't know what map design is so every single map is wide arena > chokepoint > wide arena.

God the map design in overwatch was hot loving trash how did I play it for so long

Probably the graphics and character variety.

The real shame is how many weapons are just piddly minigun-ish things.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's really cool how 90% of the guns in TF2 are big meaty single-shot weapons. Connecting with a shot feels great, dodging a shot feels great. The best overwatch characters were the ones that acted like that (Roadhog).

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Sandman Guillotine was really bullshit but also really drat satisfying getting it at long range.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

You're talking as if Overwatch is basically dead already. Is it? I haven't been following it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

cock hero flux posted:

they removed basically all of them because they sucked and everyone hated them, and replaced them with basically disarms. I can't think of a real stun that's still in the game other than as part of a couple of taunt kills.

being spooked by a ghost is still basically a stun, but that's of course halloween-specific