Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I believe the manga also had Diavolo punch a hole through Polnareff before he threw him from the cliff.

Even without it, I have no idea how Polnareff survived that.

oh wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MachuPikacchu posted:

The thing that gets me is that Polnareff clearly has three of his limbs chopped off in the flashback...but then in the present he has both his arms.
He had a stack of Tintins to protect him but Tintins have way less chop-resistance than Shonen Jump.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Nate RFB posted:

It's really impressive how this story has crafted its villains. Every single Part has had a banger of a main baddie that somehow manage to toe the line perfectly between being charismatic/fun and wanting to see them get their teeth kicked in.

AnEdgelord posted:

These past two parts in particular (4 and 5) you could plausibly argue that Kira and Diavolo are more fleshed out and compelling as characters than the Jojo of their parts.

Here we see yet another example of the anime rehabilitating the damage the lovely scans had done to part 5's reputation in the english speaking parts of the fandom

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MachuPikacchu posted:

The thing that gets me is that Polnareff clearly has three of his limbs chopped off in the flashback...but then in the present he has both his arms.

Maybe the Speedwagon Foundation hooked him up off screen.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah if you asked any manga fan before this season, they would've said "lol Diavolo" and then went to talk about how cool Kira is

but now I'll fully admit to losing my poo poo when Doppio took the sweater off like I was watching the Undertaker enter the ring

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i hope anime-only viewers are buckled in because the next few eps are going to be some of the most purestrain weird you're gonna see from this series

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
We already had torture dance and Bucciarati living doll and duo personality ringtone calls to themselves, how could JoJo get any weirder?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MachuPikacchu posted:

he grew one back, obviously

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

MachuPikacchu posted:

I think we're meant to assume he had it reattached at some point. It's not like Araki forgot that Polnareff lost his arm either, because Silver Chariot is drawn with a missing arm, too.

The anime design doesn't have it, but in the manga, Polnareff is wearing some sort of metal cover and prosthetic finger on his right arm:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Willsun posted:

We already had torture dance and Bucciarati living doll and duo personality ringtone calls to themselves, how could JoJo get any weirder?

everyone keep this post in handy for the month to come

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cool the winking and nudging folks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I don't want to give too much away, but I think the next episode might have a stand battle in it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So if I'm to understand what happened in this ep, if you stab a stand with an arrow you get a weird powered-up version of that stand? I guess that makes sense since if you stab yourself and you already have a stand it gives you a bonus power, or if you don't have a stand you get one.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you stab heirophant green you get a stand that is able to travel through time and space to gently caress your mom

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? get a little weird? maybe even a little bizarre? get out of here

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Next you'll tell me the next episode of Baki will have a fight in it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
going "oh man guys, get hype for even weirder stuff!" isn't spoilerly, it's just pointless conversation. no one can say anything or respond to it other than manga readers who just go "yeah dude that parts so good lol"

like what do you want the anime people to say? "oh awesome, im very excited, thank you for telling me"? we were here posting about an anime we've watched 100+ episodes of, we're probably all excited to see the next one

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

So if I'm to understand what happened in this ep, if you stab a stand with an arrow you get a weird powered-up version of that stand? I guess that makes sense since if you stab yourself and you already have a stand it gives you a bonus power, or if you don't have a stand you get one.

It's how things went for Kira in DIU.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

If you stab heirophant green you get a stand that is able to travel through time and space to gently caress your mom

that's actually the only power any stand gets from the arrow

Darth Walrus posted:

It's how things went for Kira in DIU.

kira himself got arrow'd, not his stand

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

that's actually the only power any stand gets from the arrow

kira himself got arrow'd, not his stand

I don't think that's a distinction with any meaningful difference. Your stand is you.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Darth Walrus posted:

I don't think that's a distinction with any meaningful difference. Your stand is you.

it's definitely a meaningful distinction

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

given that silver chariot is fuckin melting i think the distinction is kinda important

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

this isn't really true at all

they're linked psychic projections but mista is not six bullet babies

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean just going off of literally what people have already seen up through the latest episode it's absolutely not Just The Same Thing

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

given that silver chariot is fuckin melting i think the distinction is kinda important

I mean, I'm not going to rule out that Killer Queen did that when Kira got arrowed.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
theres a difference and youll see what it is next episode

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, I'm not going to rule out that Killer Queen did that when Kira got arrowed.
we saw killer queen when kira got arrowed, it was convulsing and phasing in and out before bites the dust subconsciously activated

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

we saw killer queen when kira got arrowed, it was convulsing and phasing in and out before bites the dust subconsciously activated

So, close enough. It got a transformation sequence, at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WE DID IT BOYS

KIRA SAID HE GOT A BONER

IT GOT BLEEPED

BUT HE SAID BONER

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Grapplejack posted:

I think it's this one arrow in particular, with the rhinoceros beetle on the arrowhead. In the flashback with the box there's 8 or 9 and the rest all look like the other 3 (?) arrows we've seen, but then the one Polnareff has has that beetle boi on the side

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
If Diavolo's flashback is to be believed, he found 6 arrowheads total, because he sold 5 to Enya and kept 1 for himself. Two of Enya's arrows ended up in part 4, and were retrieved from Akira and Kira's Ghost Dad by Jotaro. Polnareff seems to have found one of the others, and I assume Polpo's arrow was given to him by Diavolo to make stand user underlings.

So assuming this rhino beetle arrow was sold to Enya, we know where four out of 6 arrow heads are. But if its a special one from somewhere else, even beyond Diavolo's collection, then there's still three Enya arrows going around and an unknown number from this rhino beetle set.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Beetle arrow is def in the box,
Diavolo keeps (presumably) Polpo's arrow
Enya theoretically keeps one for herself / DIO
One to Okuyasu's father
One to Kira's Father

So yeah that's four / 6

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

WE DID IT BOYS

KIRA SAID HE GOT A BONER

IT GOT BLEEPED

BUT HE SAID BONER

Cowards.
LET MY BOY SAY BONER IN ALL ITS GLORY
COWARDS

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

for some reason part 4 fell flat to me

kira didnt pull me in as much as any of the other villains. maybe it was just the reduction in scale? we went from saving the world three times to saving a small town it was like :shrug: I did also watch it all binge style so maybe i missed out on a lot of the tension

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Resetting the scale is good because then you're not trying to come up with bigger and harder dude's to defeat.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That's why Kira works so well. He's not a bombastic world-conquering ham like DIO or Kars, he's this more lowkey Patrick Bateman creep that just wants to live a quiet life where he can keep killing women for their hands with impunity and is willing to murder children to achieve that.

DIO and Kars are entertaining over the top assholes while Kira is more sinister and unsettling.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kira could actually exist in our world that's what's worrying about it tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Exactly, and YMMV with anything and everything ever, but the thought of an immortal vampire or a statue coming to life and destroying the world is outright impossible.

The chance of there being a dude in your town who is a killer without remorse and hasn't been caught is incredibly possible, and if you're living in a major city of any sort, probably the actual reality you're in right now.

Though they're not going to have Kira's charisma and perfect cheekbones.