Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm8r8FAQFXs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

a new study bible! posted:

Most of the sketches where Kyle and Beck are the featured players are good. This is the good poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4csRoGP0V8

The rest is stinky doo doo, but Melissa seems cool.

I would bang Melissa villasenor.

But.

She has a weird voice?

Still would bang though.

I know you were curious about how I felt on this matter, Study Bible, and now you know.

Now you all know.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

oh yeah? well i'd marry her

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I saw a thing where she said the voice was a puton at first cause she didn't want randos boxing her in as "hot chick" & not taking her seriously as a comedian. Then it got stuck that way like making funny faces as a kid when someone slaps the back of your head

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There's lots of SNL cast members that I would kiss.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I have a new appreciation for Aidy Bryant, and her show, 'Shrill' is pretty good so far, though I'm only on episode 3.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have a new appreciation for Aidy Bryant, and her show, 'Shrill' is pretty good so far, though I'm only on episode 3.

I didn't like episode 1. It had a message that I found a little insufferable. Like how the tone sort of implied aidy was being harassed or bullied by her own mom, even, when I think her mom was just concerned about her kid's wellbeing, AND a little frustrated that the money she had spent for meal stuff was being wasted.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Bananana posted:

I didn't like episode 1. It had a message that I found a little insufferable. Like how the tone sort of implied aidy was being harassed or bullied by her own mom, even, when I think her mom was just concerned about her kid's wellbeing, AND a little frustrated that the money she had spent for meal stuff was being wasted.

I see your point, but I also would have absolutely lost my poo poo after about 1/3rd of what she had already had to put up with at that point where she's with her mom.

I was disappointed to see on imdb that her boyfriend (or at least the dude who plays her) is in all 6 episodes. I get that it's to show how badly she's being treated and how much she puts up with from him (among others), but goddamn, drop that gently caress and do better. That being said, good job to that actor, because he plays it VERY well.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Cecily Strong does not get enough praise.

Hedi Gartner is also pretty good.

I do miss Vanessa Bayer though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxruI7Y7kww

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tom Gorman posted:

Cecily Strong should really leave the show and do other things b/c I think she's better than SNL

Kate McKinnon is overrated

:hmmyes:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Vanessa Bayer's 'Dawn Lazarus' might be my favourite SNL thing ever.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Vanessa Bayer's 'Dawn Lazarus' might be my favourite SNL thing ever.

hap

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Shrill actually funny or is it just thoroughly couched in being fat is a choice and you should see me as a person and not as a fat person because I just cannot stand the way the commercials for the show make it look.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Bonzo posted:

I do miss Vanessa Bayer though

"I lost part of my foot. It broke off in a butt. And Ive regretted it ever since. But I DONT regret wearing CRYSTALS"

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

esperterra posted:

Every episode of SNL should just be the Liza Minnelli Tries to Turn Off a Lamp skit on a loop

lol thank you for reminding me about this gem.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Chris Kattan just released a book where he claims that Lorne Michaels suggested (demanded?) that he have sex with Amy Herckerling or else she wouldn't direct Night At the Roxbury

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Chris Kattan just released a book where he claims that Lorne Michaels suggested (demanded?) that he have sex with Amy Herckerling or else she wouldn't direct Night At the Roxbury

I saw that, and if that's all true, that's super gross.

Also, if someone really wanted to legitimately gently caress Chris Kattan, that's also kind of gross! :rimshot:

Seriously, though, that whole situation sounds terrible :smith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I saw that, and if that's all true, that's super gross.

Also, if someone really wanted to legitimately gently caress Chris Kattan, that's also kind of gross! :rimshot:

Seriously, though, that whole situation sounds terrible :smith:

Here's the article https://pagesix.com/2019/05/28/chris-kattan-claims-lorne-michaels-pressured-him-to-have-sex-with-a-director/

Apparently he also dated Jennifer Coolidge.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

If Norm says he's an insufferable closet case then I believe Norm

Does he admit to being gay in the book?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Isnt Chris Kattan pretty well known as being a weasely little shithead who nobody likes or trusts? And a creep on top of it? Even Norm unironically shits on him, which is something he really never does with anybody hes worked with

anyway Im not sure how much stock Id put in anything Kattan says

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Donovan Trip posted:

That adam sandler episode was strangely good

Because Adam Sandler is such a Papa Bear to his entourage and an out-and-proud sellout it's easy to forget that he is still a really talented comedian with a gift for crowd-pleasing... but his instincts are warped, and I mean warped even when he was a kid on SNL, let alone after a quarter century of positive feedback for being US Comedy's Alpha Manchild.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Mandrel posted:

Isnt Chris Kattan pretty well known as being a weasely little shithead who nobody likes or trusts? And a creep on top of it? Even Norm unironically shits on him, which is something he really never does with anybody hes worked with

anyway Im not sure how much stock Id put in anything Kattan says

could be both

if his boss was manipulating him into having sex with someone for work, that would probably make him hate his job

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I better send one of my cast members to seduce this director. I know, I'll send the literal human man-goblin.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Romano Tours sketch is in the top 5 sketches of SNL's last 10 years and it's a must watch for anyone with mental problems. Yeah, it's funny, but it's right. The Geographic Cure does not work.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Romano Tours sketch is in the top 5 sketches of SNL's last 10 years and it's a must watch for anyone with mental problems. Yeah, it's funny, but it's right. The Geographic Cure does not work.
It's such a loving Dad sketch but this is what I mean when I say that Adam Sandler, for all of his garbage and pandering to the lowest common denominator, still has some really sharp comic instincts. Like Louis CK is/was another total Dad comic, but he could never have pulled that off much less sold it to the braying drunks in an SNL audience.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

"A day is a long time to feel happy, for all of it. Most of us get 45 minutes, if we're lucky."

:unsmith:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Alec Baldwin has said he's done playing Trump.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

Alec Baldwin has said he's done playing Trump.

aka "I want more money"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

aka "I want more money"

He's 61 and married to a yoga instructor. I think he's got better things to do on Saturday nights.

Plus I think he's starring in a movie about John Delorean

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
pete davidson is unfunny & annoying, and he doesn't look anything like christian yelich, who is talented & handsome

Bonzo posted:

I am VERY attracted to her. Like, I'd leave my wife. But I can't put her in spank bank because all I can hear is, "Uhhhhhuhuhhh. Carl!"

this almost made me LOL on the train

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Cecily Strong should really leave the show and do other things b/c I think she's better than SNL

Well, she is in that Triscuits commercial that has still been airing for well over a year now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I am VERY attracted to her. Like, I'd leave my wife. But I can't put her in spank bank because all I can hear is, "Uhhhhhuhuhhh. Carl!"

Just keep watching her Shakira video. C'mon now.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Tom Gorman posted:

Kate McKinnon is overrated

I will fight you irl

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

pete davidson looks like if richard garriott wanted to teach us a lesson about public restrooms by having one come to life and cry

then we'd all be like "ohhhh, now I don't want to hit your gangly filthy rear end with a glass sword"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I spent twenty minutes referring back to the manual to decode his shitbird tattoos and gummy smile just to be directed to a treasure I already dug up? son of a bitch

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I will fight you irl
Kate McKinnon is crazy overrated. I eventually saw the big deal with Kristen Wiig, but I've yet to see anything that justifies the "next big thing" hype around McKinnon.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

pete davidson looks like if richard garriott wanted to teach us a lesson about public restrooms by having one come to life and cry

then we'd all be like "ohhhh, now I don't want to hit your gangly filthy rear end with a glass sword"

I spent twenty minutes referring back to the manual to decode his shitbird tattoos and gummy smile just to be directed to a treasure I already dug up? son of a bitch

:stonklol:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mind the walrus posted:

Kate McKinnon is crazy overrated. I eventually saw the big deal with Kristen Wiig, but I've yet to see anything that justifies the "next big thing" hype around McKinnon.

Her Bieber impression was great, but then Bieber stopped acting like that. Otherwise I agree.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ultra Carp

quote:

I spent twenty minutes referring back to the manual to decode his shitbird tattoos and gummy smile just to be directed to a treasure I already dug up? son of a bitch

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM #ad📢

McKinnon was signed for eight more years for Hilary impressions but welp