Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, I like to think that Pat's war against full on gacha games is a self defense mechanism for his wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If there is one person I strongly believe is the kind of person a gacha game would successfully pray on, it is Pat.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Are we gonna bring up Pat's Free Money argument?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xg4ROuH84

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Huh, so Pat is spouting incomplete information from the Barkley thread, so maybe the same weird person that leaks poo poo outta context to Paige from this thread gave 'em the info?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat never needs help repeating poo poo he misread or glancy heard of

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He's perfectly capable of reading the tweet that caught on outside of SA and forgetting half of what he read.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I just read the twitch log of Liam shutting down his stream when he found out about the roosterteeth deal and that seems really petty and weird from a outside perspective. The person in his chat didn't even mention Pat, just "do you think Woolie will get a funko pop of himself now?"

I hope nothing bad happened between him and Woolie now :/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I just read the twitch log of Liam shutting down his stream when he found out about the roosterteeth deal and that seems really petty and weird from a outside perspective. The person in his chat didn't even mention Pat, just "do you think Woolie will get a funko pop of himself now?"

I hope nothing bad happened between him and Woolie now :/

wait what now? he turned off his stream because the chat started talking about the RT deal, and he got jealous or something? or what do you mean? just reacted weird to hearing about it and you're inferring something, or did he say anything?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He's talked about before how he doesn't just want to be a person people repost SBFP memes and news at

but also I don't know what stream this is or the context for it

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 9, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Invictus posted:

wait what now? he turned off his stream because the chat started talking about the RT deal, and he got jealous or something? or what do you mean? just reacted weird to hearing about it and you're inferring something, or did he say anything?

Just kinda weird.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
liam obviously has had serious problems with anxiety so i'm gonna guess it's that and not him being epically jealous of pat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just kinda weird.

Oh that's a bummer. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

somepartsareme posted:

liam obviously has had serious problems with anxiety so i'm gonna guess it's that and not him being epically jealous of pat

Yeah I just don't know why he'd get anxious about hearing about it when Pat wasn't even mentioned in it, that's why I'm just hoping nothing happened between him and Woolie.

Like it doesn't really effect him at all so I'm just kind of scratching my head, personally.
E: Saying it comes off as petty is how I feel while not knowing more about the situation, but I also genuinely hope he's okay. That's all.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's obviously been really trying to make the stream thing work by himself and maybe bringing up things like that makes him feel like he jeopardised his own success by leaving?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Liam is like a sad Diavolo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you read a dude literally going "gently caress iunno how to deal with this" as petty maybe you should take a breather and be less of a oval office imho

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dabir posted:

He's obviously been really trying to make the stream thing work by himself and maybe bringing up things like that makes him feel like he jeopardised his own success by leaving?

Yeah, I guess.

Thread should know by now that I like Liam and go to bat for him a lot. I'm really not trying to dunk on the guy or anything :sigh:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
He's open about having anxiety problems. Anxiety isn't particularly rational. Someone said something kind of insensitive (all things considered) and he was honest that it triggered his condition.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 9, 2019

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, that's a hosed up way to read that chatlog.

Yeah, I guess I'm not in the right state of mind myself. This is my mistake.

I just don't get why he'd be upset at the woolie question. I'm sorry.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

He's open about having anxiety problems. Anxiety isn't particularly rational.

Yeah, anxiety is a bitch. People can speculate on what Liam feels but only he knows that. Speculating on it feels weird and invasive imo.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Haven't really checked on the guys or this thread in ages but that's awesome to hear they got a deal with Rooster Teeth good for them.

Dabir posted:

I imagine it's something like this, like a big part of anxiety is questioning every decision you make. Wonder how Matt reacted upon hearing about the deal. And speaking of Matt, judging by that pic posted a few posts back good for him for embracing his baldness and not hiding it behind his rather embarrassing for a grown man to be wearing skull beanies.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Just Chamber posted:

Haven't really checked on the guys or this thread in ages but that's awesome to hear they got a deal with Rooster Teeth good for them.

I imagine it's something like this, like a big part of anxiety is questioning every decision you make. Wonder how Matt reacted upon hearing about the deal. And speaking of Matt, judging by that pic posted a few posts back good for him for embracing his baldness and not hiding it behind his rather embarrassing for a grown man to be wearing skull beanies.

Pretty sure at this point the beanies were a McMuscles branding thing if anything.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
He should wear the beanies if he enjoys wearing them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

LIAM KNEW

PAT HAS LOST THE BET!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The bet has finally decided!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
liam won the war

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In the timeline where everything works out and SBFP is still whole, Liam gets to move in to Pat's house now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
pat should've taken the win

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Good thing Liam's anxiety prevents him from ever looking at the words "Pat" on a screen without having an attack so he'll never actually claim on the bet :homebrew:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
What bet?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

the best friends died so pso2 could live

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Liam and Pat had an ongoing bet, with Liam on the side of ‘PSO2 is coming west soon’ and Pat on the side of ‘you’re crazy hurry up and give me my money’.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NEVER FORGET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fCdFj4EIxc

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking of:
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1137838576312434689

I don't understand how he can be let down by Gears Funko; why would anyone have expectations for it not to be awful dreck?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of:
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1137838576312434689

I don't understand how he can be let down by Gears Funko; why would anyone have expectations for it not to be awful dreck?

I guess he just expected it to be awful dreck except not mobile

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was also known since announcement it was for phones, so...?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

It was also known since announcement it was for phones, so...?

Raise your hand if you thought Matt would be following Gears Pop's development beyond the initial trailer.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

RareAcumen posted:

Raise your hand if you thought Matt would be following Gears Pop's development beyond the initial trailer.

It said iOS/Android in the initial trailer but they were too busy watching woolie die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Didn't Pat win the bet with Liam?

According to Pat Liam ended up having to back out of the deal and concede defeat, then didn't even pay up (which Pat was fine with). The bet's been over for 3 years according to him.