Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Holy gently caress. Look at how pissed he got. Everything I've seen from Katie Porter has blown me away every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yeah, he looks legitimately angry.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

CubanMissile posted:

Also, She-Hulk and Spider-Woman might get them into a legal fight with Universal and Sony.

Off topic but She Hulk is a lawyer and was Marvel’s 4th wall breaking character before Deadpool, so I parsed this sentence as saying a She-Hulk movie would be a courtroom drama starring She-Hulk acquiring the rights to her own movie, and now I’m sad that that’s not a thing that would happen :sigh:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Holy gently caress. Look at how pissed he got. Everything I've seen from Katie Porter has blown me away every time.

notice bret easton ellis laughing at maher's awful abortion joke and how he sits stone faced after porter tomahawk dunked on maher.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lycus posted:

He pulled the just asking questions. He fully deserved that roast.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Lycus posted:

He shouldn't be such a snowflake.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus Christ he looks disgusting with his hair pulled back. I didn't think he could look like a bigger poster child for not having a kid, but then he just somehow got more repulsive.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Katie Porter is like the Susan Boyle of congresspeople. She looks and sounds like a timid housewife, but when she steps up to a mic she just belts it out of the park and doesn’t take prisoners.

Also yeah Maher totally deserved getting reamed for that dumbfuck “I was almost aborted so I don’t want anyone else to have an abortion” take. Funny how his “survival of the fittest” and “toughen up, snowflake” bullshit flies out the window when it might be applied to him at some point.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

CommieGIR posted:

Look all he's saying is his mom made a choice, and the best way to honor that choice is by taking it away from everyone else. How does that deserve a roast??

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its also fitting that Maher, conception to delivery, probably ruined his mother's ability to have more kids and he takes pride in that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1137521813305647104

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1137572134409125890

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Crabtree posted:

Its also fitting that Maher, conception to delivery, probably ruined his mother's ability to have more kids and he takes pride in that.

At least his mother can deliver a joke.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

:thurman:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Ague Proof posted:

:golfclap:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Ague Proof posted:

gently caress.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Ague Proof posted:

Hahaha, if she had said that he probably would have died. Porter has been a really solid rear end-kicker all around. Is there any special reason she doesn't .... oh. I just realized the reason she's not media catnip is because she's not an obvious minority like AOC or Pressley or Omar. Goddammit. She wouldn't draw out nearly so much chud outrage, so into the background she goes.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still have not seen anything from the WH about what is in the ‘deal’

Ambiguity is one of Trump's rare strengths.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ague Proof posted:

this is one of the best burns I've ever seen in these threads, holy poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ague Proof posted:

Dang.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ershalim posted:

Hahaha, if she had said that he probably would have died. Porter has been a really solid rear end-kicker all around. Is there any special reason she doesn't .... oh. I just realized the reason she's not media catnip is because she's not an obvious minority like AOC or Pressley or Omar. Goddammit. She wouldn't draw out nearly so much chud outrage, so into the background she goes.

Say what you will about Lawrence O'Donnell, but he's regularly been one of her biggest champions in the media. He'll often run clips of her dismantling insurance company and bank CEOs or Ben Carson in committee hearings in their entirety purely because they're a condensed master class in how to obliterate rich and powerful assholes intelligently.

If I have his show on, it's usually background noise while I'm doing other stuff, but if I hear him say Katie Porter's name or see her pop up on the screen I immediately stop what I'm doing and give it my full attention because she's one of those people who kind of needs to be listened to.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

KiteAuraan posted:

They got Wolverine. And you can bet that if Shang Chi and Eternals don't do great that Logan will be in that yellow suit and saying "Bub" to Ant-Man.

Can...can I still see that either way?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1137569015809712128

I feel like they're just letting a neural net write his tweets at this point

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Well his brain is a neural net....

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ague Proof posted:

:popeye:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So now that when the country wakes up we'll start hitting the stage where everyone mocks Trump's plan...how long until Trump goes "You're laughing at me so I'll raise the tarrifs up to double-plus rates!"?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

One thing that always bugged me about Real Time, is that the final guest is brought in and only one question related to why they're there in the first place, and then the discussion just moves on, with said guest not bringing anything useful to the discussion at all.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ershalim posted:

The Katie Caucus is a thing. A thing that will only become more powerful.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ague Proof posted:

god drat it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1137569015809712128

I feel like they're just letting a neural net write his tweets at this point

I mean, every time I see Donny Deutsch on TV I wish he had gone into the shoe business too, so... I guess he’s not wrong about that one.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Ague Proof posted:

Any chance we can get a new thread title? This is gold.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, every time I see Donny Deutsch on TV I wish he had gone into the shoe business too, so... I guess he’s not wrong about that one.

Everytime I see Trump call someone "little" it just reminds me that Barron suddenly started appearing far less often in Trump photo ops once he started getting close to his dad's height.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Ice Phisherman posted:

Any chance we can get a new thread title? This is gold.
Seems it's been done... uh, could the OP be updated to reflect the change?

Edit: Looks like "A shart given human form" was missed as well... Could that be added before "The Eternal Infrastructure Week..." entry?

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 9, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

Oh dear god! :cawg:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Lycus posted:

I'm pretty sure liberals can't actually get angry.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ague Proof posted:

Looking at this burn like the guy who looked in the reactor on chernobyl

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RuanGacho posted:

I'm pretty sure liberals can't actually get angry.

Allow me to introduce you to Candice Aiston...

E:

Ague Proof posted:

Jumping in on the :vince: train.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 9, 2019

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

:drat:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Lycus posted:

A good way to get under the skin of a egocentric dipshit is to undermine their human value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Ershalim posted:

I mean, one of these amazing Congresswomen succeeding and becoming visible doesn't necessarily come at the expense of the others. I know Representative Ocasio-Cortez, at the very least, has been very good about endorsing Representative Porter and highlighting her work through Twitter. She's absolutely phenomenal though, isn't she?

Ague Proof posted:

Good God.