Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm not gonna create new threads or close this one during press conferences, by the way. y'all can just post about E3 in here and if someone really wants to, they can create specific threads for microsoft or square enix or epic pc gaming store show. but i feel like this thread is just as good for discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not even separate Day threads for E3 this year... how the mighty have fallen :v:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

like, we made it through the splatoon invitational without randos posting creepy art like they did in the Awesome Games Done Quick thread so I feel like this thread has just the right amount of chill energy for this week

if someone creates a separate thread for events then i guess it could draw away the people who come in from other SA subforums and want to practice their AVGN impressions

but i'm still leaving this open

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

limaCAT posted:

Did they fix the cheating?

Turns out, yes they did. It has... something of an anti-cheat system now.

With that said, for whatever reason, it got turned off for 2 months. This let hackers run rampant in the March global demo for this year. (Also the banlist of cheaters for Splatoon 2 didn't get transferred over to the demo because?????)

The especially wild part? This exact same mistake happened in the first game too!

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 9, 2019

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I said come in! posted:

Honestly i'm not holding my breath, but November 9, 2019 for a release date would be incredible.

November 9 is Saturday.
September 11 is Wednesday.

Sounds fake.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If that release date is real it means Cyberpunk, Death Stranding, Pokemon Sword/Shield, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order(hey, it could be good!) come out within a week of each other, and then Shenmue 3 is 4 days after that. That's gonna be a hectic month. And there's still a bunch of games coming out this year that don't have release dates yet...

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The best E3 reveal would be that sonic 3 and knuckles is available on literally any console.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

RatHat posted:

If that release date is real it means Cyberpunk, Death Stranding, Pokemon Sword/Shield, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order(hey, it could be good!) come out within a week of each other, and then Shenmue 3 is 4 days after that. That's gonna be a hectic month. And there's still a bunch of games coming out this year that don't have release dates yet...

lol RIP fallen order if thats true

respawn cant catch a break

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

lol RIP fallen order if thats true

respawn cant catch a break

As with the last three things they've released I imagine EA's sabotaging it in a bid to prove non-live-service games dead (or in Apex Legend's case anything other than Anthem).

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Are there other sources for the 9/11 release date besides the edgy joke image?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ruffian Price posted:

Are there other sources for the 9/11 release date besides the edgy joke image?

9/11 is 9th November in most of the world and it was (supposedly) from the European publisher, so it's not an edgy joke.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fat_Cow posted:

I wonder if this bandai leak is real too since they are publishing it in Europe.

Why isn't "From the team behind The Witcher" center justified correctly?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Also the lovely drop shadow behind the date, the overlapping logo, the font choice and the low contrast making the Windows 10 symbol harder to identify. And c'mon, no European marketing team will sign off on putting 9/11 on their graphics either when you can just say 09 NOV or something. Jesus.

me realizing poo poo mid-post posted:

All of this can be true at the same time with the release date being real. Namco doesn't exactly have the best track record with social media professionalism
Well... huh. I guess this is hellworld and a lovely fan edit with two 4chan jokes added in can still be the real deal

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 9, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ruffian Price posted:

Also the lovely drop shadow behind the date, the overlapping logo, the font choice and the low contrast making the Windows 10 symbol harder to identify. And c'mon, no European marketing team will sign off on putting 9/11 on their graphics either when you can just say 09 NOV or something. Jesus.

Well... huh. I guess this is hellworld and a lovely fan edit with two 4chan jokes added in can still be the real deal

Believe it or not we still think of 9th November as just a date and not something that happened in America 18 years ago. However 9th November is a Saturday, and games in Europe launch either on Tuesday or Friday.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mario Maker came out on 9/11.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nobody gives a poo poo about 9/11 anymore and unless your launching a flight sim or something nobody cares.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Mario Maker came out on 9/11.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Seriously it was almost 20 years ago. I think it can be a normal date that things can happen on again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Seriously it was almost 20 years ago. I think it can be a normal date that things can happen on again.

There are soldiers fighting in wars caused by 9/11 that were born after 9/11. It's just a day.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
we forgot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yo if you have Xbox Gold and Gamepass services go sign up for Ultimate; it merges your months together. I.e., if you have 6 months left on your gold and 3 months left on your gamepass it'll give you 9 months of both.

Kurtofan posted:

we forgot

This is my favorite knock knock joke

*Knock Knock*
"Who is there?"
"9/11"
"9/11 who?"
"YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET!"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Game Pass on PC has also been priced, it's gonna be £4/$5 a month which I'm pretty sure is cheaper than it is on the Xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gamepass coming to PC is a genuinely cool thing, thank you M$.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The leaked list of games at launch is also pretty good.

Also laffo that they're like half-way to blowing up Google Stadia and their conference hasn't even started yet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where's the info about game pass?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Where's the info about game pass?

Ms website

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well good job Microsoft for killing Stadia then.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress google

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress google

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress Microsoft too but for different reasons.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No, Microsoft are currently on the Cool Kids Club list (but are probably doing shady poo poo behind the scenes)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Do you remember like five years ago when Microsoft tried to end the concept of used games?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Do you remember like five years ago when Microsoft tried to end the concept of used games?

And they still are.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hence 'currently'

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MS is a monolithic multinational corporation, so gently caress them with the rest.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Calm down

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to know the release date for the Halo games on Steam.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

Yo if you have Xbox Gold and Gamepass services go sign up for Ultimate; it merges your months together. I.e., if you have 6 months left on your gold and 3 months left on your gamepass it'll give you 9 months.

How do you do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I said come in! posted:

I just want to know the release date for the Halo games on Steam.

:same: This is the only thing I care about hearing from MS today.