Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FPzero posted:

:same: This is the only thing I care about hearing from MS today.

My guess

Launches today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harry Privates posted:

How do you do this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x...te/cfq7ttc0khs0

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 9, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I'm curious what, if any, "Lauches RIGHT loving NOW" games there'll be today.

Halo would be insaaaaane, and basically guarantee a bajillion people sign up for Game Pass straight away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That link doesn't work for me. :( A Google search is confirming this has gone live but it's not up on xbox.com yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

My guess

Launches today

A lot of people are actually saying this to the point where it's believable.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Updated my link, thanks.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

RatHat posted:

If that release date is real it means Cyberpunk, Death Stranding, Pokemon Sword/Shield, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order(hey, it could be good!) come out within a week of each other, and then Shenmue 3 is 4 days after that. That's gonna be a hectic month. And there's still a bunch of games coming out this year that don't have release dates yet...

Gonna be crazy when cyberpunk is the low man of these games.

I just don't see cyberpunk doing much other than being a decent Western rpg, hope they change my mind. If they're really launching soon, then what they showed last year might be indicative of the game, and that would be disappointing.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Anyone found any good E3 bingo cards yet? I always liked filling them out for fun during conferences.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

CDPR would only release cyberpunk this year if GOG's declining revenue forced their hand to generate some revenue, and you wouldnt really want a rushed game anyway

the amount of crunch they'd force the employees to undergo too, since they're anti-union

It'd be a drat shame if GOG went under, because I'm currently dying for a decent consolidated games library client (sorry, Playnite) and Galaxy 2.0 looks like it might hit the spot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Actually, of all of the games supposedly releasing in November, Star Wars the Fallen Order will be the biggest one, and then Cyberpunk 2077 will be a close 2nd. This is for sales, which of the games releasing in the fall will actually be good is anyone's guess, the number of quality titles is probably going to be quite low as always. :v:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Barudak posted:

Updated my link, thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up! It totally works if you just buy the thing, no fiddling around needed. Afterwards your subscriptions menu shows two cancellations with

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was at a half price books yesterday and I saw in the used games section there already was a halo... 5?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

I was at a half price books yesterday and I saw in the used games section there already was a halo... 5?

Yeah 343 loving sucks at halo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Barudak posted:

Updated my link, thanks.

Thanks for this. Hopefully they do some shadow drops because old rear end games listed right now ain't doing it for me. Why is hello neighbor everywhere in ms store?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Gripweed posted:

Do you remember like five years ago when Microsoft tried to end the concept of used games?

"I used to think you were the biggest fuckup but there's been so many worse fuckups to come along you've moved up the list without doing anything."

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I'm curious what, if any, "Lauches RIGHT loving NOW" games there'll be today.

Halo would be insaaaaane, and basically guarantee a bajillion people sign up for Game Pass straight away.

The only thing I can see for sure is Nintendo dropping a Smash character tomorrow because there's 4 left they've gotta get out by Feb of 2020.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Ok the pc pass is on, as in I'm currently remote installing sunset overdrive from my phone to my pc.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah 343 loving sucks at halo

It’s genuinely impressive how quickly they ran that series into the loving ground. What an incredible nosedive

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Taintrunner posted:

It’s genuinely impressive how quickly they ran that series into the loving ground. What an incredible nosedive

They did five good Halo games, counting Reach and ODST. How many game series stay quality through the sixth entry?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Policenaut posted:

It's a Euro post watch out that could be November 9th

nooo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

The only thing I can see for sure is Nintendo dropping a Smash character tomorrow because there's 4 left they've gotta get out by Feb of 2020.

All betting money is currently on Banjo Kazooie, and Erdrick from Dragon Quest

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

All betting money is currently on Banjo Kazooie, and Erdrick from Dragon Quest

Sakurai comes out and is like "Fooled you are, we actually repurposed the Landmaster assets into something new! Sophia III from Blaster Master joins the fight!"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

They did five good Halo games, counting Reach and ODST. How many game series stay quality through the sixth entry?

The MCC includes ODST and Reach don’t they? It’ll be fun to see how they hold up today when they hit Steam.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gripweed posted:

Super Mario 64
Final Fantasy VI
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Metal Gear Solid 3

:colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
All wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Sakurai comes out and is like "Fooled you are, we actually repurposed the Landmaster assets into something new! Sophia III from Blaster Master joins the fight!"

No no no no, don't phunk with my heart

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Taintrunner posted:

The MCC includes ODST and Reach don’t they? It’ll be fun to see how they hold up today when they hit Steam.

ODST is really good. The survival horror touch makes it feel fresh while still keeping the solid Halo gameplay, and the plot is good even though it stars that dreadful actor nerds love for some inexplicable reason. Reach is starting to get wobbly. Bad plot, bad characters, slightly too gimmick gameplay, but the bones are still good

Rarity posted:

Super Mario 64
Final Fantasy VI
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Metal Gear Solid 3

:colbert:

Yeah, there's not many. And MGS3 was the fourth MGS game. The Metal Gear games were a different series and also not very fun.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The fact that you can sign up to the PC gamepass now means it's either live or going live today... Right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Ok the pc pass is on, as in I'm currently remote installing sunset overdrive from my phone to my pc.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

The fact that you can sign up to the PC gamepass now means it's either live or going live today... Right?

Likely. They're probably wanting to get in ahead of the massive DDOS of signups

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lel logging into and updating my 20 year old MS account involved three different instances of verifying my identity, and when I was done I was logged out for having so many repeated verifications.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

ODST was added later as a mea culpa for how loving terrible the collection was on a technical level at launch, Reach is being added soon(ish?) and is going to be the first one on PC. They're releasing one game at a time on PC, starting with Reach and then in release order after that (although I think they're probably put ODST out before Halo 4).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Veotax posted:

ODST was added later as a mea culpa for how loving terrible the collection was on a technical level at launch, Reach is being added soon(ish?) and is going to be the first one on PC. They're releasing one game at a time on PC, starting with Reach and then in release order after that (although I think they're probably put ODST out before Halo 4).

In-universe chronological order actually, which is neat but I can't imagine anyone giving that much of a poo poo that hasn't already played them on console.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Still thinking about that copy&paste level near the end of Halo 1. It's the only thing I remember. I kept running back and forth, thinking I that I missed something and ran in circles.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fallout 76 Battle Royale is happening lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Baller Time posted:

Still thinking about that copy&paste level near the end of Halo 1. It's the only thing I remember. I kept running back and forth, thinking I that I missed something and ran in circles.

The library was legendarily bad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DLC Inc posted:

Not that I don't believe you but WHAT!?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Can't be any worse than what it was.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

They said this since last year tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gripweed posted:

343 started after those tho and sucked from the jump