Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think the stealth could be better. i couldnt figure out a good use for ceramic shards. and they should have put poisoned rice and stuff in it like tenchu and all that poo poo. or went full mgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Ill always rememeber exploring castles 1-5 and opening monster closets full of skeletons who all do a synchronized 3 hit combos, and learning the lore behind 300 different types of halberd that the skellies were protecting. Thank you darknsouls 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sigh. Thought this game was good but I haven't had a single dream about it yet.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

walking back from the library with a big stack of books on lucid dreaming. i WILL ride the giant rope man

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

walking back from the library with a big stack of books on lucid dreaming. i WILL ride the giant rope man

I'm going to gently caress him.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to gently caress him.

lol theres a song about that, its very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFKUD0PCqM

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

star eater posted:

wait til owl 2 :getin:

Yeah, thought I was doing good because I got to where I could get through his first death blow only using one or two gourds. Then he busted out the Nioh guardian spirit and it was all over

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I used to daydream about Majula at work and I don’t think I’ve thought about sekiro once outside of playing it

I have nightmares about the forbidden palace lake

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4eJGUWgIk8

heres the cheese i found for this guy. i dont know if they patched it. i cut the 2nd phase out because i died to it and i didnt want to look bad on camera

lmao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Demon of Hatred is giving me Laurence flashbacks. He's almost giving me more trouble than Owl. The Owl rematch is the perfect duel bossfight then you get this massive curveball with a Bloodborne boss at the end

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 11, 2019

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do you guys think GRRM told Miyazaki how Clegaine dies and that’s why you kill armor knight the same sort of way

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Vengarl's helm ftw

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I must have died to Sword Saint 150 times and I beat him on my "gently caress it, one more before bed" attempt.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
good work gamer

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I must have died to Sword Saint 150 times and I beat him on my "gently caress it, one more before bed" attempt.

Once my big gamer brain figured out to go back and to the right, i was able to spread open that dummy thicc rear end like Moses at the Red Sea "Let my people go... to play Diablo tres on the Switch"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got two bosses left, demon of hatred and sword saint and whooof those are spicy fights.

My favorite fights so far are both owl fights, genichiro fights, and the all versions of the ape. Such great fights.

False Corrupted monk was kind of a wall cause its such a long fight but it is super satisfying when you fight the real thing and totally destroy her.

I hate fighting the snake eyes gunners.

Skoora
Sep 29, 2009
Is so hard
Am so bad

edit: I'm also a chump because I caved and bought it days before the steam sale started.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Having a great time with this after picking it up last night. Just got up to maybe the first or second miniboss, the lad you meet after getting the shurikens and there's a big chicken around there. Messed up my first fight after the perilous attack warning I was so focussed on the "correct" choice I forgot that mainly mattered just when the symbol came up. Second time the chicken had hurt me pretty badly and I'd used my gourd beforehand but ended up winning due to resurrection. Just focussed on deflects and dodging not jumping so much and being pretty aggressive. The traversal is so much fun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the bit in the hirata estate where theres a completely demolished house with dead corpses everywhere overrun with murder roosters ftw. i like to think they were killed by the chickens because of how strong they are compared to everything else in the game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
This game was cool. Too bad theyre going back to sluggish rdr2 speed combat where you circle strafe skeletons that do a 3 hit combo over and over. But this time the skeletons are rapists because george rr Martin wrote it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

the bit in the hirata estate where theres a completely demolished house with dead corpses everywhere overrun with murder roosters ftw. i like to think they were killed by the chickens because of how strong they are compared to everything else in the game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

This game was cool. Too bad theyre going back to sluggish rdr2 speed combat where you circle strafe skeletons that do a 3 hit combo over and over. But this time the skeletons are rapists because george rr Martin wrote it

They're Wights, or The Others, op. Not zombies or skeletons.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Lol

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They're Wights, or The Others, op. Not zombies or skeletons.

thank you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Crows are the scariest enemy in Bloodborne also

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i wasn't sure if i was gonna like this game cause i'm very bad at stealth so i waited until now to get it

it's turning out to be my favorite Fromsoft game & i can't wait to get home from my boring job & slit more monkey throats

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Bonaventure posted:

i wasn't sure if i was gonna like this game cause i'm very bad at stealth so i waited until now to get it

it's turning out to be my favorite Fromsoft game & i can't wait to get home from my boring job & slit more monkey throats

I think the stealth elements are almost vestigial. It’s really bizarre. Ashina outskirts has a whole set of alternate stealth paths, plus plenty of bushes and ways of hiding on the main path. Then after that most of the stealth disappears, consists of a bunch of tall buildings for you to straight up avoid enemies, or has enemies spaced far apart with very wide paths allowing you to just walk around enemies. There is very little stealthing through levels. It’s mostly just to get a few easy deathblows/instakills.

I don’t think I used the clay shards more than once or twice.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pulcinella posted:

I think the stealth elements are almost vestigial. It’s really bizarre. Ashina outskirts has a whole set of alternate stealth paths, plus plenty of bushes and ways of hiding on the main path. Then after that most of the stealth disappears, consists of a bunch of tall buildings for you to straight up avoid enemies, or has enemies spaced far apart with very wide paths allowing you to just walk around enemies. There is very little stealthing through levels. It’s mostly just to get a few easy deathblows/instakills.

it started development as a Tenchu game so that makes sense I guess

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pulcinella posted:

I was hoping the stealth would have been more central to the game but the combat is so fun it didn't matter. You can get stealth deathblows on a lot of the minibosses which is nice but yeah the game kinda drops it after Ashina Outskirts.

I really want Sekiro DLC where you play as young Monkey and fight Kingfisher, Tomoe, and a younger Isshin.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Me: *bursts in the door like Kramer*

Enemies: "Lol this fuckin guy"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Thermos posted:

Me: *bursts in the door like Kramer*

Enemies: "Lol this fuckin guy"

Is there something in the water tonight? Wtf is up with these lurkers.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Is there something in the water tonight? Wtf is up with these lurkers.

Someone in GBS posted a thread asking what iimp zone is and now all the cool guys from there are coming in to check it out FTW

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just caught up on demon slayer and it made me really wanna replay this again. sekiro is very good

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
just beat Sword Saint on my first try with 1 hit of life left and every useful recovery item from my inventory exhausted including a jizo bundle

god drat this game is amazing

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm up to sword saint on NG+. Almost every boss fight in this game is so thrilling, I like the stealth integration, the lore, the environments, everything is fantastic. My favourite FromSoft game for sure, although I'm not that far into Bloodborne yet so I may yet change my mind.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The amazing thing about Sekiro bosses is they congratulate you when you beat them. FromSoft bosses always taunt you when you die, but having Owl or Lady Butterfly talk about how proud they are that you whipped their rear end makes them the best From bosses. The only other boss that comes close is doing a no-damage run on Sir Alonne in DS2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wish they would suck you off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sekiro is their best gameplay for sure