Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

The bedroom is actually too big and I didn’t know that was possible.

And that sauna/shower room finish is my brain exploding into a million pieces when I look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

EXCEPT THIS ONE

the wall-mount phone/intercom

the shower track lights

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is that a bidet with a lid or just a weird square toilet?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

oh god I assumed it was a bench

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

and I saw this cute vintage dresser, being used as a jewelry display at a thrift shop.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I...think it's a toilet? It looks like a half-bath and the folks who live here probably aren't classy enough to have bidets.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

peanut posted:

and I saw this cute vintage dresser, being used as a jewelry display at a thrift shop.

I can appreciate the love that went into making this thing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That starscape tile still blows my mind.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Perhaps a dual unit, one half is a toilet and the other half a bidet, divided in the middle like a double-basin sink

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Where are some good places to shop for wall art/prints in the $200 or less range?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Google Butt posted:

Where are some good places to shop for wall art/prints in the $200 or less range?
I know it seems like I'm being an rear end, but ...

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

SHOP TOP CATEGORIES

[Nudes]

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Google Butt posted:

Just get some Giclée prints of stuff from the PYF Bad Tattoo thread and get them framed.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Google Butt posted:

I actually had some good luck on ebay. I was more looking for posters though.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Google Butt posted:

Check out this shop, National Parks/Monument posters by some cool artists.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Azza Bamboo posted:

I can appreciate the love that went into making this thing.

Same here. I admit that it has poo poo for storage space, but I like it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hi thread. I have three questions.

Any thread recommendations for studio apartment design ideas?
I've found apartmenttherapy and ikea's idea blog so far.

2. Any thread recommendations for a desk chair?
I'm flexible for either a fancy rolling office chair or just a reasonable cheap desk chair.
I usually just go to wirecutter for these things, but I'd like to spend less than the $300 their budget option goes for.
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-office-chair/
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/974738/HON-Exposure-Mesh-High-Back-Task/

Other options:
https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/cat/desk-chairs-20652/

3. Is there a goon-recommended source for finding sweet deals on good furniture? How do I get the best bang for my buck regarding furniture?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got the queen nook bed set up. So nice to finally not have my toes dangling off the edge of the bed (I'm 6'1")!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

3. Is there a goon-recommended source for finding sweet deals on good furniture? How do I get the best bang for my buck regarding furniture?

see if (insert nice furniture store in your area) has an outlet store also in (your area).

for overall design, I'd just post pics

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It's in French (with English translations for most of the posts), but Planete Deco is good, specifically the petite surface category.

Also Pinterest can be a good aggregator of design ideas, once you have pinned enough things to train its algorithm to show you stuff you're interested in.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does you taste run in any specific direction? I might have a blog that specializes in it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Speaking of beds, my uncle mentioned he got one from this company

https://www.zinus.com/collections/platform-beds

their prices are INSANELY low - quite a bit less than Ikea even - I'm really suspicious. I mean yeah they are made in China but still. The ones that are "wood" just say "wooden" in their description without any further info.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

2. Any thread recommendations for a desk chair?
I'm flexible for either a fancy rolling office chair or just a reasonable cheap desk chair.
I usually just go to wirecutter for these things, but I'd like to spend less than the $300 their budget option goes for.
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-office-chair/
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/974738/HON-Exposure-Mesh-High-Back-Task/

Other options:
https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/cat/desk-chairs-20652/

1) mcmansionhell

2) cheap chairs are all poo poo. Save up the cash for a one-time purchase or look for a used Aeron or something from a startup that goes under

3) buy used? you get what you pay for, so a ~sweet deal~ on a $300 couch is still going to be a lovely, $300 couch that you paid $200 for instead

Youth Decay posted:

Also Pinterest can be a good aggregator of design ideas

plz remember to /s your post tia

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 9, 2019

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I almost bought a used couch but I couldn't get past my fear of bedbugs, that's my story

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

actionjackson posted:

Speaking of beds, my uncle mentioned he got one from this company

https://www.zinus.com/collections/platform-beds

their prices are INSANELY low - quite a bit less than Ikea even - I'm really suspicious. I mean yeah they are made in China but still. The ones that are "wood" just say "wooden" in their description without any further info.

I think I have just a metal 12 inch bedframe from this company and my ex has the 14 inch one. They are both totally fine.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

PRADA SLUT posted:

Pinterest can be amazing for finding design ideas no need to throw shade to try and be cool friendo. If you have a better way to quickly and efficiently search through a shitload of semi curated lists and images I'd love to know!

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

PRADA SLUT posted:

Someone with your impeccable taste should be able to curate an amazing pin-board or whatever though, right?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Someone with your impeccable taste should be able to curate an amazing pin-board or whatever though, right?

<prada slut clicks to organize price from high to low> Yes

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

https://www.freep.com/picture-galle...ampaign=gallery

Someone give me bags of money. TIA.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

20,000 sq ft and the kitchen is how big?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Jesus, that solarium.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

When you want that Betty Draper second marriage life.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I realize it’s probably just for staging but still lol @ some of that furniture

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

why the gently caress would anyone need that much space, ugh. I have ~1000 square feet and it's more than enough.

also those handles on the white kitchen drawers are hideous

the only thing I'm jealous of is the pool table. I always thought it'd be cool to have one.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

That's a lot of photos of the 20,000 sq. ft. Mediterranean Revival home that S.S. Kresge built on West Boston Blvd. in Detroit on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Trabant posted:

That's a lot of photos of the 20,000 sq. ft. Mediterranean Revival home that S.S. Kresge built on West Boston Blvd. in Detroit on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.

I'm surprised they're selling it five days after building it

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Hello, I'm in the process of remodeling a bedroom and bathroom (master) and am trying to do this very quickly so I can move in to a house that we bought on short sale.

We chose flooring and tile today!

Bedroom floor using the wood on the left, bathroom cabinet (minimalist bathroom with good amount of space) using wood on the right.

Bathroom floor using the large grey in the middle, shower wall/floor using the two acid/textured tiles, and tub wall accented with the light grey to the left. Add white for all appliances/counter top.

Hopefully this wont go completely wrong.

Please ignore the 1980s era dark blue floor tile in the bathroom we are trying to replace. And the 1980s era faucet.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Youth Decay posted:

EXCEPT THIS ONE

:pcgaming:

I would definitely stay in this Airbnb.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is this the thread I would post in if I am looking for cheap, affordable furniture suggestions, or is there another thread for that?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this the thread I would post in if I am looking for cheap, affordable furniture suggestions, or is there another thread for that?

Theoretically yes, in reality no, I'd try the Home Spergin' thread instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009