Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

YOURFRIEND posted:

I went ahead and go that xbox gamepass thing without realizing it wasn't actually live and there aren't any games on it for PC yet. I feel like a fool.

Go to the Win 10 store, Games tab, Browse all games, set Subscription type to Game Pass. That's most of them, but you can find ones that aren't in that list by searching in the store.

This is incredible, really. There's a lot of games in this I've wanted to try but not enough to purchase outright without trying first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its real and probably this year.

Dang that's a big SE. I completely forgot that CD Projekt does big regular editions and thought that one from before was their special edition.

I read in an article that all versions of Cyberpunk come with a pen and paper manual for the classic Cyberpunk 2020, which is a really cool idea they have. Get people wanting to play the classic game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Infinitum posted:

So is this also a PSN+ situation where you get free games every month to 'keep' as long as you stay subbed?

I believe it's a rotating library. You have access to them so long as you're subbed and they're on the service. If a publisher pulls a game then you lose access to it unless you buy it.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

explosivo posted:

Go to the Win 10 store, Games tab, Browse all games, set Subscription type to Game Pass. That's most of them, but you can find ones that aren't in that list by searching in the store.

This is incredible, really. There's a lot of games in this I've wanted to try but not enough to purchase outright without trying first.

Oh nice, thank you for this. Yeah, I'm really glad I can play Outer Wilds without waiting a year. And ruiner and a few others. Definitely worth1/5$.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Tim Whatley posted:

Full list. I just did that $1 trick and now I have Game Pass through December lol.

Someone found code a while back referencing Xbox 360 on PC too.

What's the trick?

Edit just saw last page. That's not a trick!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hello everynyan whens the next e3 conference thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Microsoft is in like three hours I think

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Microsoft is in like three hours I think
Four, it starts around 4:00 PM EST.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

When I search for Metro Exodus in the MS Store it shows up as 'Owned' (I have the pass enabled), but at least for now when I go to the page to download it is still showing paid. So it seems like it will be available after the conference.

It's also doing this for Void Bastards

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Accordion Man posted:

Four, it starts around 4:00 PM EST.

1 PM est is in like 9 minutes, round up nerd!!!

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Gripweed posted:

They did five good Halo games, counting Reach and ODST. How many game series stay quality through the sixth entry?

He's talking about 343, not Bungie. 343 did 5 and the MCC.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lambert posted:

He's talking about 343, not Bungie. 343 did 5 and the MCC.

If Bungie had done another Halo it probably would've been better than Halo 5, but still not very good. The series was cashed

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Halo 4 could have gone in so many great directions, Master Chief is stranded on a broken ship over an unknown planet in the middle of nowhere? You can go in so many directions with that!

Nope! You're fighting the Covenant again and within like two levels you meet up with the UNSC again and it's just the same bullshit it was before, but just even more boring.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:siren: I :siren: just :siren: want :siren: Halo :siren: PC :siren:

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Reach PC testing got a date today.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

You're gonna get reach first and you're gonna like it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

You're gonna get reach first and you're gonna like it

drat right I will. This is what i'm most excited for to play.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I'll play with you 😉 it's coop right? I hope it's crossplay too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

I'll play with you 😉 it's coop right? I hope it's crossplay too

It has a co-op horde mode that was the best of the series by far. Halo 5 tried bringing it back but it sucked.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Reach has 4 player co-op for the campaign.

Not sure about cross-play.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm hoping it's crossplay and they drop it today.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I said come in! posted:

gently caress yes. Reach and ODST are the only good Halo games.

gently caress the Flood

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Veotax posted:

gently caress yes. Reach and ODST are the only good Halo games.

gently caress the Flood

i am ehh with odst but Reach is great.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They've committed to testing first and they seem willing to push it back as necessary so I wouldn't expect it to drop in money or testing form today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A test today seems likely since Halo Reach is playable in Microsoft Stores as of this weekend.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I want to say I read an article saying that that's a slice but don't quote me on it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I used to play Reach with goons here and it was a fantastic time. I cannot wait to revisit that game since i lost all the copies of the game i've bought over the years. Don't know why i keep losing it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Orv posted:

Only GoW 4 is playable on PC (GoW 1 released but it was on GFWL and old enough to be problematic) and this doesn't actually provide Play Anywhere, as that's a separate subscription.

E: Hm, I might be half wrong? Looks like it is listing me as owning the GoW 1 Remaster.

Gears4 is one of the blandest games of all time

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Veotax posted:

Halo 4 could have gone in so many great directions, Master Chief is stranded on a broken ship over an unknown planet in the middle of nowhere? You can go in so many directions with that!

Nope! You're fighting the Covenant again and within like two levels you meet up with the UNSC again and it's just the same bullshit it was before, but just even more boring.

Seriously. Right after Halo 3 came out I was imagining that Halo 4 could be an atmospheric Metroid Prime-ish game centered around exploration and facing an unknown enemy, maybe more along the lines of Marathon, and I even expected it would have the same "Cortana facing the end of her lifespan" storyline. As soon as I saw that the covenant and UNSC were back I lost all interest.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Gears4 is one of the blandest games of all time

Cool.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

publishko posted:

Seriously. Right after Halo 3 came out I was imagining that Halo 4 could be an atmospheric Metroid Prime-ish game centered around exploration and facing an unknown enemy, maybe more along the lines of Marathon, and I even expected it would have the same "Cortana facing the end of her lifespan" storyline. As soon as I saw that the covenant and UNSC were back I lost all interest.

It doesn't even make good on it's own story. Nobody seems surprised to see you. Nobody is like "holy poo poo it's the Chief! Where have you been all these years?!", instead it's like "hey Chief, good to see you".

When the antagonist is revealed to be a Forerunner I thought that was neat, I lost interest immediately when everyone seemed to know who he was already. I expected people to be shocked that there was a Forerunner running around, instead it's just "It's The Noun! We have to stop him!". I guess he's from a book or something, but it's really lovely story telling if you have to read ancillary media to know who the loving villain is.

That's a weird thing that happened in 2012, three big AAA sequels featured antagonists from ancillary media prominently. Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed 3. At least ME3 and AC3 didn't act like you should already know who they were though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt play the mp tho maybe thats good

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Please be Evil Within 3

https://mobile.twitter.com/pushsquare/status/1137458038305099777

Orv
May 4, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

I didnt play the mp tho maybe thats good

Once upon a time I paid for GFWL Gold so I could play GoW 1 MP on the PC and it was extremely worth it.

Couldn't say beyond that and apparently they made some less-than-beloved changes over the entries.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Veotax posted:

That's a weird thing that happened in 2012, three big AAA sequels featured antagonists from ancillary media prominently. Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed 3. At least ME3 and AC3 didn't act like you should already know who they were though.

2012 was pretty much the peak of the trend where every major game needed to be the centre of a multimedia universe. You'd struggle to find a game without a graphic novel, animated series, book or low budget movie where all the background was hidden.

I'm glad that trend is mostly dead. You still get a lot of games with that sort of thing but it's usually easily ignorable now.

The most recent example I can think of is FFXV, where they relegated the plot's inciting incident to a film. Would've been nice if the game actually attempted to tell its own story.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

The most recent example I can think of is FFXV, where they relegated the plot's inciting incident to a film. Would've been nice if the game actually attempted to tell its own story.

Who cares about that irrelevant garbage when you can be on a roadtrip with the boys instead

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1137761146210082821

give me this game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

So one minute to announce a Banjo-Kazooie sequel and then 39 minutes of slo-mo Doug Bowser doing a slam dunk

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've never played a halo game, have there ever been any on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kerrzhe posted:

i've never played a halo game, have there ever been any on PC?

Yes in the early 2000's there was a mac/windows port of one of them and some modes of 5 are on pc now but not the campaign. and they are porting them again piecemeal now starting with reach for steam