Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVG0_0jzjk

The route for breath of the wild any% no amiibo has had MASSIVE changes.

For one, now there's a way to clip out of the chamber of ressurection and climb the terrain surrounding it so as to immediately get into the snow area of the plateau.

And stasis launching is too inefficient, bokboblin launching allows for link to launch himself increadible distances.

It's a treat to watch.

Oh, and this Japanese runner is playing in french.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Neopets... run?!

edit: wow the boko launches are actually insane, what is causing that lift?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 9, 2019

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Neopets... run?!

edit: wow the boko launches are actually insane, what is causing that lift?

Recoil during the bullet time stacks.

I really love how all the little pieces in the route come together. No tower cutscene so they have to clip into the 4 shrines. The btb (bullet time bounce) launches should kill you without a glider but there just do happens to be a fall state reset glitch to stop damage.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Well, at least we managed to get it over 10K.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'd guess they'll get at least a couple thousand extra bucks right at the end during the Crowd Control LTTP finale.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Carbon dioxide posted:

:toot:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:unsmith: it'll get higher someday

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
this zelda 2 run is so cool

live musical accompaniment

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

site posted:

Cool, thanks

Pwup chat: silent hill downpour is being ran, and the cut scenes are so long the runner is also playing silent hill homecoming while they're playing lol

i once joked with the runner that such a thing would probably be possible because I was making GBS threads on Downpour and well that's where that ended up

can't fault a power move

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Pharohman777 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVG0_0jzjk

The route for breath of the wild any% no amiibo has had MASSIVE changes.

For one, now there's a way to clip out of the chamber of ressurection and climb the terrain surrounding it so as to immediately get into the snow area of the plateau.

And stasis launching is too inefficient, bokboblin launching allows for link to launch himself increadible distances.

It's a treat to watch.

Oh, and this Japanese runner is playing in french.

My favorite moment was him launching himself on a tree to get the glider like he's loving Tao Pai Pai.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
thank you pwup for a fun weekend!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i once joked with the runner that such a thing would probably be possible because I was making GBS threads on Downpour and well that's where that ended up

can't fault a power move

well you were indirectly responsible for a donation run on naming the category, so congrats

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Welp, this is my first time to miss the record button while cutting two full minutes from a ~37 minute run, deathless. :cripes:

Guess I'll just aim for sub-35..

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

the alternative is actually playing enter the dragonfly so gently caress that

also excuse you it requires a headbash placed in a not particularly precise location. You can't just fall into it!

I actually made an April Fools joke two months ago about a Goon Race of Spyro EtD...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_p32XY5Yvc&t=11s

Featuring one SuccinctAndPunchy.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm now the proud owner of the world record for every individual level in Startropics aside from the first and last. Mostly because not a lot of people have run ILs but eh, I'll take it! Some of the times are pretty good.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I just started playing that game the other day. Thank goodness for the save state feature because holy poo poo I am bad.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

cage-free egghead posted:

I just started playing that game the other day. Thank goodness for the save state feature because holy poo poo I am bad.

You're not bad, Startropics is just rude as gently caress. Fantastic game though.

Best thing about the small speedrun community is the folks with top times almost always show up any time someone is playing it.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Boogalo posted:

You're not bad, Startropics is just rude as gently caress. Fantastic game though.

Best thing about the small speedrun community is the folks with top times almost always show up any time someone is playing it.

Yeah it's great. My first time streaming it the world record holder hopping in and talked me through a bunch of stuff I was having problems with, and afterwards started streaming himself and walked me through the whole game screen by screen. It was really surprising.

We've had a few new players lately pick the game up, and are thinking about organizing weekly races on SRL too for motivation to finish runs; last week was our first one, probably Sundays. The community is really friendly and helpful.

Discord link here if anybody is interested in getting started!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Has someone already gotten into contact with FAU about the SGDQ chat thread?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
are they gonna preemptively ban the fuckin weirdos from posting in it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

heeheex2 posted:

are they gonna preemptively ban the fuckin weirdos from posting in it

Ju st don't make it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

gonna take a wild stab and say that thread gets preemptively veto'd on account of horny posters

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I think the spam thread moved to discord.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
At minimum that thread shouldn't be back for SGDQ.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

lol like FAU even would remember unless reminded

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What day does that start

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by this point just have the one thread and people can talk in it and not post fanart, and it should be fine

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Kennyman probably has the OP almost ready anyway. Thank you Kennyman

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll just chat in the regular thread, I frankly don't wanna bother with the peanut gallery and having to go through FAU. It was working well enough after the chat thread got purged.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
:chast2b:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kenny is making the regular thread.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M

You know that Breath of the wild speedrun?
This is the animated comedy version, and its still really accurate.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Pharohman777 posted:

I watched this earlier and it was like being back in high school when Newgrounds was fresh and exciting.

You can take that however you like.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pharohman777 posted:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/Archariat/status/1139601515822403584

I'm doing a run for this like 3 hours after my post (2 AM EDT)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

https://twitter.com/Archariat/status/1139601515822403584

I'm doing a run for this like 3 hours after my post (2 AM EDT)

neat

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It's for Archariat's medical bills :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, the lufia ancient cave speedrun tourney was short but great, just finished the wild card race (runners up of the four prior races plus one eliminated player who all the other players voted to get one final chance due to gumption, entertainment value, etc) and it ruled. Definitely worth a watch, I watched it at 1.5x speed and it's still totally watchable at that speed, useful for binging the whole thing in less time without missing anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3AZAV4-A4

Here's the finals, linked to prevent any potential spoilers

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm heading on vacation tomorrow for two weeks and part of that vacay is going to SGDQ. It'll be my first year going (and doing some hosting duties) so I'm pretty excited! Just looking at the schedule as it stands, what are you guys thinking are going to be can't-miss runs this year? There's a lot this year that looks pretty interesting to me.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I'm heading on vacation tomorrow for two weeks and part of that vacay is going to SGDQ. It'll be my first year going (and doing some hosting duties) so I'm pretty excited! Just looking at the schedule as it stands, what are you guys thinking are going to be can't-miss runs this year? There's a lot this year that looks pretty interesting to me.
Windmill slam Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project.
Other runs I think won't disappoint: DuckTales 2, Prey, Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom, Super Bomberman 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

glover