Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do we know June FL schedule yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

add another section labeled "wargaming" on the right and we have our new first page

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

BadLlama posted:

Do we know June FL schedule yet?

supposed to start on the 17th

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
KHARKOV

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-5-1-kharkov/

This has been basically known as the next pick since Ghost Town's trailer was completely unsubtle about it, but I'm still glad to see it back--and that they've applied redesign to it!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

drat that is a huge worthless killzone field

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The captured KT is indeed a fun as hell tank.

I played a game today where I was holding the western pass from the south against a T-29, a KV-2 and a KV-1 for most of the match, eventually destroying them all.

Towards the end of the match I noticed some idiot in a Comet spamming chat with "push more KT" type messages interspersed with increasing amounts of slurs.

Pubbies.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Some goons and I experience really bad command decisions and always laugh at them on discord.

Hell once a HT rammed Cpt. Blaargh and instead of stopping to move a different direction I immedietly got behind him and both of us pretty much locked him into position.

We still won that round.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Der Shovel posted:

The captured KT is indeed a fun as hell tank.

Of course it is - WG wants to hook in new suckers by dangling a socially-acceptable Nazi shiny in front of their faces.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

American nazi's are okay.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

BadLlama posted:

American nazi's are okay.

No, captured Nazi's are ok.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

I see.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

DiggityDoink posted:

No, captured Nazi's are ok.

It makes me think of Allied Assault, which is always a good memory to invoke. That entire extensive period at the end of the game where you run riot with a captured King Tiger was amazing!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOuFnZnPMs

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

Towards the end of the match I noticed some idiot in a Comet spamming chat with "push more KT" type messages interspersed with increasing amounts of slurs.

Pubbies.

I love it when this happens, the loving bozo spamming chat in all sorts of broken English only sees the green shapes on the map and ignores anything and everything red in the process.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The UDES 14 is such a drat delight. Give me a ridgeline and a bush, and I'll bully the entire loving enemy team as top tier.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I forgot how much of a blast it is. It just shits out damage on people. It's nimble as well.

The gun is solid, and for an autoloader, the reload isn't painful at all.

Hellsau posted:

drat that is a huge worthless killzone field

Not if you're driving one of the cars! :stare:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I havent played in 3 months since my pc was packed away to move and now I am downloading the latest update and Im back in this hell baby.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

World of tanks in a nutshell:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I forgot that the Patton 3 is kind of a monster in pubs.

Kind of miss grinding up that tree, I enjoyed pretty much every tank there.

Edit: Also I am back in the blue! Yay!

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 8, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nothing has changed.

And timg doesnt work anymore. Pretend there were several screenshots of 5k damage losses.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Cannot be sold.

loving why?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's WG, so it's probably as simple as "we never got around to assigning a credit value to bonds, and furthermore, you whiny fucks would probably demand bonds items be sold for a gold return, and in either case, the exchange rate would NEVER BE ENOUGH."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A bit of a game in the T-34

Hee hee hee

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol shame there isn't allchat

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Hellsau posted:

lol shame there isn't allchat

i hadn't played in like 2 years and i miss allchat

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DiggityDoink posted:

i hadn't played in like 2 years and i miss allchat

It was really the only reason to play artillery.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Even though I have been suckin real bad these past weeks, it's games like this that make me realize I still got it...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Even though I have been suckin real bad these past weeks, it's games like this that make me realize I still got it...

Yeah you're real good still, only the best players can be involved with a 15-1 stomp.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Is there a way to check out what amount of average damage you need for gun marks?

I've never really played any tank consistently for more than 20-30 matches outside of unlocking modules or successive tanks, but I've been playing the T-34 as a bit of a therapeutic measure and casually racked up about a half to one percent in MOE-gain per match without a lot of effort so I thought about maybe going for 3 marks for the first time ever as a pet-project. Good games have been around 1.2k damage, and I've been pulling my average up from 550 damage to 650 over the last 30 games or so.

/edit: I also now have BIA on this crew, and I'm maybe 20-30 matches away from having a full 3-skill crew in addition to my female commander with 4 skills. This is starting to feel like worse seal-clubbing than with the Pak40.
I've also had some really odd interactions with players over the last 30 matches. Like, really good-natured, unsolicited comments after matches, which has been more of an exception to the rule as y'all are aware, I'm sure.

:3:

This guy was some unicum-tier dude in an A-44 that I dinged for around 400 hp on that map with the stranded ships around the periphery and some small city in the middle. I was unspotted and one of his random shots tracked me after I had already burned my repair kit. Since I was greedy on my skills, I only had BIA, situational awareness, recon, and a little camo trained (since that seems to be the winner in low-tier matches), so my track repair time exceeded his reload.
Guy kept blind-firing a total of SIX shots in my direction, three of which hit me and - bizarrely enough- got eaten by my tracks.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 9, 2019

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I don't care about being good. I don't use gold ammo, I don't use food, and I don't install mods.

I'm fine being mediocre and free-to-play for life.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

moolchaba posted:

I don't care about being good. I don't use gold ammo, I don't use food, and I don't install mods.

I'm fine being mediocre and free-to-play for life.

Kinda envious of you lol. If I didn't remember how great I was I probably would not care too much either. Still feels like I have a reputation to uphold despite me not needing to.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just accept that permablue is okay. Still in the top 1% of players and not focused as bad by arty.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I also have started playing arty 90% of the time to get my jollies.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I just accept that permablue is okay.

Agreed, if you're not blue in garage at all times you're doing it wrong.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Well.. that was a loving game.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdWHY50oJg
Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/4919162#highway-mesadoram-object_252u

Bonus positive reinforcement:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 9, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Youtube: not nearly Soon™ enough

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdWHY50oJg

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Is there a mod that auto applies directives for you? I never remember to select them on my own.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 9, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

no blind shot into the north just before you get into the city, -10 points.

backing off from the Tiger was unnecessary, they can't reasonably pen you so you could have either pushed on the T34 to ensure they didn't help push your teammates in the corner or back to their base, though the T34 did literally the worst thing they could have done and died to you broadside to their teammates

lol that m4 49 ram followed by you just ignoring them and eating the otherwise immortal Chrysler GF was good times

wow they had a LOT of idiot TDs just....sitting in the open near their base, like lol if they're gonna camp at least they could have hid vaguely behind cover or something and not let you murder them in the open

wait how did that not pen the t28 proto? also what tank did 161 damage to the side of the Steyr? lol

why are there still two enemies unspotted, you're murdering a T28P without being shot at and there's a t-44-100 suicidally rushing your arti

oh it was a bot TD hiding on the red line and a worthless full HP Indien trying to avoid repair costs or maybe just a bot, like if that Indien helped the T-44-100 you 100% lose that game to cap.

welp gg you only took damage from arti lol

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

no blind shot into the north just before you get into the city, -10 points.

backing off from the Tiger was unnecessary, they can't reasonably pen you so you could have either pushed on the T34 to ensure they didn't help push your teammates in the corner or back to their base, though the T34 did literally the worst thing they could have done and died to you broadside to their teammates

lol that m4 49 ram followed by you just ignoring them and eating the otherwise immortal Chrysler GF was good times

wow they had a LOT of idiot TDs just....sitting in the open near their base, like lol if they're gonna camp at least they could have hid vaguely behind cover or something and not let you murder them in the open

wait how did that not pen the t28 proto? also what tank did 161 damage to the side of the Steyr? lol

why are there still two enemies unspotted, you're murdering a T28P without being shot at and there's a t-44-100 suicidally rushing your arti

oh it was a bot TD hiding on the red line and a worthless full HP Indien trying to avoid repair costs or maybe just a bot, like if that Indien helped the T-44-100 you 100% lose that game to cap.

welp gg you only took damage from arti lol

Oh yeah I had some miss plays, but the enemy hosed up jussssttttt enough for me to punish them. The Chrysler needed to die, so I took a bet and ignored the Frenchie. I feel like I was able to do what I did because the enemy refused to look at their mini map. Thank ya for the feedback.