Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

Don't remember Remember Me?

Despite the aesthetic trappings, wasn't really a cyberpunk game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Microsoft sure love showing prerendered movies :laugh:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Veib posted:

I really loved the world and art design in Remember Me, shame about basically everything else.

The music was amazing as well, but yeah.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

catching up to Sony E3 tactics circa 2005, but it's progress nonetheless

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:darksouls:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there some presentation that I’m missing or something? This thread feels like someone’s live tweeting E3 but afaik E3 doesn’t start till Tuesday.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

On the other hand I'm hype for Halo, Gears, PSO 2, and Elden Ring, I'd definitely get an xbox for all tha-

What?

It's all on PC? Oh, cool, I guess I can get a ps5 eventually then.

e: Seriously why would I even consider buying the nextbone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Is there some presentation that I’m missing or something? This thread feels like someone’s live tweeting E3 but afaik E3 doesn’t start till Tuesday.

Microsoft were on earlier.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Cyberpunk 2077 looks cool. So does Jedi Fallen Order. I am not preordering JFO, though yet. I fully expect EA to lie to me in some way about this game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

On the other hand I'm hype for Halo, Gears, PSO 2, and Elden Ring, I'd definitely get an xbox for all tha-

What?

Inertia

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RBA Starblade posted:

What?

Microsoft has been moving in the direction of just making the XBox a proprietary all-in-one Win10 gaming machine for the last three years.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What happened to that game from last years Xbone conference with the girl and a rowboat? that game looked cool and I haven't heard poo poo about it since. What was it even called? I can't remember.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Rinkles posted:

What does that entail? And what narrative?
E: from pages back - from a discussion about leaks. Sorry for ot...

There are a ton of things so I'll give 2 quick examples - we worked on the new world trade center. Everyone's an architecture critic so you have to make sure that the released materials are cohesive and come out alongside some PR so that you can kind of set the the tone of perception. Rather than something like a leaked half finished cg image hitting an opinion piece in a paper that tears it to shreds too early. Things like that can kill an entire project 5 years in and force a redesign.

For buildings with more of a sales process one way is kind of a reverse product placement - we'll set up fashion photo shoots and do it green screen with a cg penthouse, not showing the exterior of the building to anyone but interested buyers - there are a ton of ways you can elevate real estate and get it into press long before the foundations are poured. It's all about creating the impression of a secret club and exclusivity, which a leak totally undermines.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 10, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

What happened to that game from last years Xbone conference with the girl and a rowboat? that game looked cool and I haven't heard poo poo about it since. What was it even called? I can't remember.

Sea of Solitude?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

veni veni veni posted:

Was it Sable that you're thinking of?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wait what

e: Oh it's on Xbone and PC only, guess I will play Blue Burst for another decade

pieuvre armement fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 10, 2019

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

puve posted:

Wait what

Yeah MS paid for it to come over. Win10/Xbone. No Euro release.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it was Sea of Solitude. Looks like it's out in July and coming to PS4 which I was unaware of, so I guess I don't have to plug the Xbox in lol.

Edit: Sable looks really cool too though. Totally missed that one.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 10, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Lol gently caress em

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Policenaut posted:

Lmfao, I guess it fits with Sega's approach to the western PSO fanbase to date

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

from the other thread

lmao

"over 100 goty awards" for the game that's not out yet featuring the ugliest yellow cover art of all time

lol :911:

They mean the studio BP

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a console regular PS4 user I kinda wish games like cyberpunk 2020 and dying light just came out in November 2020 as launch ps5 games. I feel like they are going to set my ps4 on fire.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some developers have been talking about upgrades to PS5, like the Rainbow Six Siege guys, so I could see some of these games getting upgraded versions around that time. It hurts but I think I might hold off on Cyberpunk just for that reason.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For loading screens alone Id hold off on Cyberpunk 2077 till next gen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Yeah im pc only on everything save ps4 exclusives from here out for that reason

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

E3 as 'we' know it (conferences) has been going on all weekend. If you're an attendee to the showfloor it starts after those conferences end (tuesday).

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Barudak posted:

:laffo: if you didn't put up with W3's minute-long PS4 loading times just to play the greatest RPG of this generation (and also because you have a dogshit PC)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

puve posted:

Wait what

e: Oh it's on Xbone and PC only, guess I will play Blue Burst for another decade

How are you playing Blue Burst if it's not on PC

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Bread Dragon posted:

some fun couch co-op: Overcooked, Rayman, 99 Vidas, Swords of Ditto

Of those I think only Rayman is on Now, but Overcooked is priority 1. Shame it's not part of the sale.

puve posted:

Idk about how casual they are but just from a quick look at the list on Sony site I would recommend Altered Beast, Bionic Commando Rearmed 1+2, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Double Dragon Neon, Final Fight: Double Impact, Golden Axe, Guacamelee, Lost Planet 2, Metal Slug 3, Neon Chrome, Nidhogg (not coop but try it), R-Type Dimensions, Raiden IV+V, Resident Evil 5+6, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Resident Evil Darkside + Umbrella Chronicles, Resistance 3, Resogun, Sine Mora EX, Spelunker HD, Spelunky, Super Stardust HD, House of the Dead 3+4+Overkill, Trine

She's not much for gore (had to stop playing MKX because the x-rays were a bit too much), but there's a lot of good suggestions in there I think. I'd forgotten that a lot of those games have coop.

Buuut I decided to not go for PS Now, the input lag on streaming is throwing me off too much. Decided to buy a year of Plus and Horizon Zero Dawn instead.

Also my roomie beat my rear end in MKX and I blame the lag, obviously. I'll crush her when I don't have to stream the game, I'm sure.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 10, 2019

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Barudak posted:

Keanu will keep your PS4 together.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't think I'd be able to hold off on playing Cyberpunk on release in a quest for faster loading and graphics.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i played bloodborne at release, i am more powerful than you can even imagine

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I'm hoping that they show that some of these games coming out this fall/early next year will get upgrades. I'm not hoping for upgrades for older games like mgsv or bloodborne but elden ring, cyberpunk or death stranding service upgrades on the new console.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

puve posted:

Wait what

I've been playing Japanese PSO2 for the last 8 years. Honestly you're not missing anything, the game really isn't good and hasn't aged well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxxidation posted:

i played bloodborne at release, i am more powerful than you can even imagine

I played Oblivion on 360.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I played Oblivion on 360.

Did this as a followup to morrowind on original Xbox.

I can wait now

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Apparently developers at E3 are letting slip that the PS5 is actually going to be the most powerful console next generation, despite Microsoft's initial claims when they announced their new console last year. Considering developers are having to get to grips with the dev kits right now since they're probably both launching Q4 next year (well, the next Xbox definitely is) they'll likely be dealing with close to finalized specifications and it's unlikely for things to change.

I really hope Sony has a proper cooling solution this time. Does anybody really care if the console is bigger as long as it doesn't sound like a jet engine?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

Apparently developers at E3 are letting slip that the PS5 is actually going to be the most powerful console next generation, despite Microsoft's initial claims when they announced their new console last year. Considering developers are having to get to grips with the dev kits right now since they're probably both launching Q4 next year (well, the next Xbox definitely is) they'll likely be dealing with close to finalized specifications and it's unlikely for things to change.

I really hope Sony has a proper cooling solution this time. Does anybody really care if the console is bigger as long as it doesn't sound like a jet engine?

Who said?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Andrew Reiner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

How are you playing Blue Burst if it's not on PC

I'm playing Blue Burst on PC