Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

Andrew Reiner

He a big wig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Game Informer exec, so I don't doubt that he's talked to a lot of developers about this. He's classifying it as a rumor for now but states the info all comes from devs themselves.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Griffon posted:

Of those I think only Rayman is on Now, but Overcooked is priority 1. Shame it's not part of the sale.

She's not much for gore (had to stop playing MKX because the x-rays were a bit too much), but there's a lot of good suggestions in there I think. I'd forgotten that a lot of those games have coop.

Buuut I decided to not go for PS Now, the input lag on streaming is throwing me off too much. Decided to buy a year of Plus and Horizon Zero Dawn instead.

Also my roomie beat my rear end in MKX and I blame the lag, obviously. I'll crush her when I don't have to stream the game, I'm sure.

Of all those I would only say HOTD and Resident Evil (mildly by comparison to HOTD and MK) have any kind of graphic violence, and Overkill is absolutely worth a try even if you're squeamish. If you're not limiting yourself to PS Now then Dariusburst CS is one of the absolute best games for coop or single player if you like arcade style games. Mercenary Kings, Broforce, Diablo 3, Helldivers, and Nuclear Throne are pretty fun for coop too. If you like playing vs games together then try Nidhogg or Nidhogg 2 asap

pieuvre armement fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 10, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol fallout battle royale

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cubicle gangster posted:

E: from pages back - from a discussion about leaks. Sorry for ot...

There are a ton of things so I'll give 2 quick examples - we worked on the new world trade center. Everyone's an architecture critic so you have to make sure that the released materials are cohesive and come out alongside some PR so that you can kind of set the the tone of perception. Rather than something like a leaked half finished cg image hitting an opinion piece in a paper that tears it to shreds too early. Things like that can kill an entire project 5 years in and force a redesign.

For buildings with more of a sales process one way is kind of a reverse product placement - we'll set up fashion photo shoots and do it green screen with a cg penthouse, not showing the exterior of the building to anyone but interested buyers - there are a ton of ways you can elevate real estate and get it into press long before the foundations are poured. It's all about creating the impression of a secret club and exclusivity, which a leak totally undermines.

thanks for responding.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

Game Informer exec, so I don't doubt that he's talked to a lot of developers about this. He's classifying it as a rumor for now but states the info all comes from devs themselves.

Cool

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
last year loving sucked but i miss sony at e3

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DoctorGonzo posted:

last year loving sucked but i miss sony at e3

Last weird was at least entertainingly weird and novel even if it didn't work

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arist posted:

Last weird was at least entertainingly weird and novel even if it didn't work

Yeah I'll never forget the enjoyable panpipe man and that thirty minute plus panel thing they couldn't wrap up because they were resetting the stage and it was taking longer than expected

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
DoooooooM

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bethesda conference was pretty bad but DOOM and Youngblood and that creepy Japanese thing look cool. Deathloop looked decent too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Bethesda conference was pretty bad but DOOM and Youngblood and that creepy Japanese thing look cool. Deathloop looked decent too

Yeah p much. Just took forever to get those gems

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I am going to purchase Youngblood ASAP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I mean some of the stuff that they bragged about in the Xbox presentation (SSD, hardware ray tracing) was stuff that Sony already talked about a few weeks ago. I’m sure it’s not gonna be an insanely huge difference but I wouldn’t be surprised if the PS5 is more powerful

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Any rumors of Sony state of playing ps5 after E3?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

yeah Deathloop and and Ghostwire Tokyo both look cool to me. Or, potentially cool I guess. neither one of them showed a single second of gameplay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I played a bit of Overcooked and it didn't grab me, does it get way better?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

precision posted:

Did you play it by yourself? Don't play it without friends. The fun comes from the (mis)communication that comes from trying to coordinate with your pals.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Were you playing with friends? It’s really bad single player but it’s incredible couch co op

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

:laffo: if you didn't put up with W3's minute-long PS4 loading times just to play the greatest RPG of this generation (and also because you have a dogshit PC)

W3 is basic

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it’s ‘basic’ally the best open world RPG ever made

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

precision posted:

Play it with people you either like to yell at or like being yelled at by.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it’s ‘basic’ally the best open world RPG ever made

Another low bar that goons like to gush about

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL it has the most awards of like any game ever but sure go ahead keep screaming into the void about one of the ten best video games ever made, the rest of Earth will be excited to play the new best RPG ever, Cyberpunk 2077

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL it has the most awards of like any game ever but sure go ahead keep screaming into the void about one of the ten best video games ever made, the rest of Earth will be excited to play the new best RPG ever, Cyberpunk 2077

I'll play Cyberpunk; it looks better than noted boilerplate game The Witcher 3

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Also I don't shout at voids, only clouds

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Witcher 3 is a truly luxurious RPG

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Another low bar that goons like to gush about

Show us on the doll where the open world game touched you

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I find myself bouncing off of most games these days in my old(?) age but come on man Witcher 3 was great. The only real complaint I could levy against it was it was a bit long.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Witcher 3 is a truly luxurious RPG

a luxurious fart of a game, huffed by many

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I gotta say Days Gone is a hell of a lot more fun than I was expecting. Really enjoying it despite its flaws.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i'm playing Resident Evil 6, ama about my poor decisions

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

in the parlance of this thread, despite weaving a rich world and telling some great stories, i find the witcher 3 overrated. the witcher 1, otoh, now there's a game.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/ajohnagnello/status/1137818809400774656

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

seems misleading to not make it crystal clear that this is only part one of a series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTCmN8TtkgQ

game's out march 3rd 2020

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geralt of Rivia posted:

It’s so hard for me to sit back here in this studio, looking at a guy out here, hollering my name!—When last year I spent more money, on spilled liquor, in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made! You’re talking to the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing, whoa! wheelin dealin’, limosuine riding, jet flying son of a gun and I’m having a hard time holding these alligators down!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Patch witcher 3 on ps4 pro so it actually runs so i can finally play it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i'm playing Resident Evil 6, ama about my poor decisions

RE6 is good. Though not as good as RE7 which I just beat recently and RE2 remake which I’m in the midst of playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I'm just gonna say it: The swinging in the new Spider-Man game is better than the PS2 game and the combat is leagues ahead. the only downside is that I can't piledrive enemies off of the Empire State Building