Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Anybody here want an unpaid gig as the person Chelsea throws under the bus when the next issue comes out

https://twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/1137782095814598656?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair the lawyer for Vic is also approved by the Bar somehow.

True, as the joke goes the guy who came in last in his class is still a lawyer.

More it was their misunderstanding of hearsay when they're thinking it doesn't matter because they've heard TV lawyers say 'objection' before it.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

When that Vic case gets tossed will the rabid weirdos turn on the lawyers for not "properly defending" Vic, and stealing their money?

Probably not, right? They just find a way to delude themselves?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"I messed up, please come work for me for free so people will stop being mean to me on the internet"

Another crafty move there by Cain.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They will just blame judges who won’t do what they are supposed to

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CharlestheHammer posted:

They will just blame judges who won’t do what they are supposed to

drat ACTIVIST JUDGES OF...A RURAL TOWN IN TEXASS

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

X-O posted:

"I messed up, please come work for me for free so people will stop being mean to me on the internet"
Imaging taking her up on that offer, sending in editorial criticism in good faith, and getting back a pile of explaining about how "no, you're reading it all wrong, here's what I am trying to say, it's clear to me that you have an agenda, etc"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FMguru posted:

Imaging taking her up on that offer, sending in editorial criticism in good faith, and getting back a pile of explaining about how "no, you're reading it all wrong, here's what I am trying to say, it's clear to me that you have an agenda, etc"

Emma is attempting to take the bullet and I'm not foreseeing this going well. Tbh I'm a little upset she's actually willing to bail her out and do it for free, and also that she's wanting to do it instead of letting a trans man or afab nonbinary person do it considering the plot revolves so heavily around menstruation. But first we'll see if Chelsea even actually takes her up on it

https://twitter.com/EmmaHouxbois/status/1137811674159693825?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 9, 2019

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

site posted:

i continually hate that mags is The Trans Creator because shes problematic as gently caress

Did you have any details on this? Seemed like it could be thread relevant.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im far too lazy to go dig for them but she once said she wasnt completely sold on abortion rights, shes gotten in trouble for a couple minor racisms, she admitted she spent like the whole first year of her trans collegues getting harassed by cgate pressing big name creators to not speak out on it while the people getting harassed were begging for help, probably some other stuff im forgetting

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair the lawyer for Vic is also approved by the Bar somehow.

Who knows how long, considering his law firm just got sanctioned for sending a fake subpeona.
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1137839037207785475

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Covok posted:

drat ACTIVIST JUDGES OF...A RURAL TOWN IN TEXASS

When a texas judge sided against people petitioning to replace evolution science with creationist science in schools, that was literally the reaction.

"drat this liberal activist judge who has voted republican their entire life and is a card carrying member of the NRA! They went to clown college instead of law college!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Piell posted:

Who knows how long, considering his law firm just got sanctioned for sending a fake subpeona.

They also had to fork out $18K. Nice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

Not anywhere near the most offensive thing about Man-Eaters, but I also just found out that the book has twelve-year-old girls having erected a shrine to Hillary Clinton as some kind of feminist avatar and lmao, that’s just perfect

oh yikes glad i skipped out on that entire book then.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Chelsea deleted her twitter account lol

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If only we all had such wisdom

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/_Maxjes/status/1137760442821033985

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

:drat:

I generally don't comment on intersectional arguments aside from just pointing directly to people who know more than me, because as a cishet white man even the most benevolent and well meaning thing I could say has almost certainly been said a million times, but that's a good comic pun.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

site posted:

Chelsea deleted her twitter account lol

Probably the best move she could make at this point considering how intensely self-centered and stupid she is.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Anyone got captures of what was said?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
This was the very last tweet, she made a few more leading up to it talking about how she just didn't belong on twitter and how she didn't want this to be news, but I can't find the tweet I saw them in.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

TheHan posted:

This was the very last tweet, she made a few more leading up to it talking about how she just didn't belong on twitter and how she didn't want this to be news, but I can't find the tweet I saw them in.

Ah yes, the classic "I'm sorry that you're mad, not for anything I did wrong."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is "I'm sorry I upset you because I was thoughtless, I will make every effort to do better going forth" really so hard?

(Apparently.)

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
https://400facts.tumblr.com/post/183584277619/the-apology-how-many-mealy-mouthed-apologies

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Crisis on Infinite TERFS.

LoL.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TheHan posted:

Oh wow, so she just went "gently caress it and gently caress all of you" then. Another interesting tactic.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Is "I'm sorry I upset you because I was thoughtless, I will make every effort to do better going forth" really so hard?

(Apparently.)

If you believe that admitting guilt is declaring open season on yourself for abusive punishment, then yes, absolutely.

Which is why it's ill-advised to have this kind of no-boundaries public presence as a creator. So basically Colin Spacetwinks's tweet:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it really that hard to delete the twitter ap from your phone?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Puppy Time posted:

If you believe that admitting guilt is declaring open season on yourself for abusive punishment, then yes, absolutely.

Which is why it's ill-advised to have this kind of no-boundaries public presence as a creator. So basically Colin Spacetwinks's tweet:

Maybe in general, but having a locked account wouldn't have stopped her from the original vanity searching and putting someone else's tweet into her comic to mock it that started this mess in the first place

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

site posted:

Maybe in general, but having a locked account wouldn't have stopped her from the original vanity searching and putting someone else's tweet into her comic to mock it that started this mess in the first place

Didn't realize it was searching; I'm used to a situation where fans just @ you all the time because you're there.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Puppy Time posted:

Didn't realize it was searching; I'm used to a situation where fans just @ you all the time because you're there.

Yeah she literally searched for and found tweets that didn't tag her, put them in the comic, and then plead ignorance when someone said you know we can still search those tweets just because you whited out the name right

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In shocking news, Blackface Lawyer was wrong! Funimation et al not only didn't settle but they categorically deny everything and even want a jury trial.

Oh, Lord, I've been ever so good this year. Please let this go in front of jurors.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Dawgstar posted:

In shocking news, Blackface Lawyer was wrong! Funimation et al not only didn't settle but they categorically deny everything and even want a jury trial.

Oh, Lord, I've been ever so good this year. Please let this go in front of jurors.

Documents
https://twitter.com/shane_holmberg/status/1138109665395523590?s=20

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

COMES NOW in pleadings and such still gives me the giggles.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Oh man I cannot wait for when disclosure happens. I want to see Vic's"rock solid" evidence that all these women are lying.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Oh man I cannot wait for when disclosure happens. I want to see Vic's"rock solid" evidence that all these women are lying.

Frankly if it gets that far it would be an exceptional win for Vic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1138180721007386630

Whoops.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m just glad ambulance chasers are getting the national attention they deserve

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The best part of that Funimation response is definitely them invoking libel-proof on Vic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Katerationopia/status/1138185794932396035