Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hi I am Andre. I'm a handyman.
I am licensed in the following trades:

Please hire me. No I don't want free money from my father-in-law but he is also paying for my family's everything
I am a proud man

I read this in his voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Ritznit posted:

Firstly, I mean she's not wrong, and secondly, is the Mormon dude Alan 2.0? Do I have to be scared?

Fabulousity fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 10, 2019

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Nickle's dad is the sweetest dumbest thing to have ever fallen off a turnip truck. I'm behind on episodes but he's just like "yeah okay sweetie I guess if you want to get catfished in a different-different-different country, I've got some airline miles"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pedro was basically the opposite of Colt this episode going with his wife against his mother.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

The chantel family fight who was to blame?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Andres wife needs to shut the gently caress up and Stop relaying Family conversation to him.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

I get a hearty chuckle every time y’all refer to Nickle

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Switchback posted:

I get a hearty chuckle every time y’all refer to Nickle

I chuckle, but only about 55%.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I watched this show for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was a bizarre experience. I was on some cold medicine and don’t remember a lot. This old unemployed guy was getting a wife from Thailand? And was buying gold and oxen??, the wife’s dad was just silent the whole time...then I dozed off and when I woke back up his son got shot and was just sitting on the couch not giving a poo poo about anything. And then they moved into a storage unit? It honestly felt like a fever dream. Anyways god bless hope they are doing well now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
What's amazing is I don't think anyone gets out of this show any more messed up than when they came in.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

TheManWithNoName posted:

I watched this show for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was a bizarre experience. I was on some cold medicine and don’t remember a lot. This old unemployed guy was getting a wife from Thailand? And was buying gold and oxen??, the wife’s dad was just silent the whole time...then I dozed off and when I woke back up his son got shot and was just sitting on the couch not giving a poo poo about anything. And then they moved into a storage unit? It honestly felt like a fever dream. Anyways god bless hope they are doing well now.

sounds like david and annie

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TheManWithNoName posted:

Woah go back you missed the black dude calling him ninja turtle penguin Batman rear end bitch

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

WhyteRyce posted:

Woah go back you missed the black dude calling him ninja turtle penguin Batman rear end bitch

I don’t remember that, but his body did appear to be melting in the Thai heat.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Andrei and his continual devolving into a caveman continuing right along

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Andrei and his continual devolving into a caveman continuing right along

It is amazing how badly he cannot comprehend his situation
I also didn't realize that his wife worked for her father, too.
So literally everything about that family is being paid for by daddy.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grem posted:

What's amazing is I don't think anyone gets out of this show any more messed up than when they came in.

Everyone except Jorge who is in prison right now.

But it might not be related to the show, unless his wife TOLD him to store 300 pounds of marijuana in his car.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Extra Large Marge posted:

But it might not be related to the show, unless his wife TOLD him to store 300 pounds of marijuana in his car.

Jorge is 300 pounds of marijuana

The show just came along for the ride

e: Nickle's peroxide-blonde hair is... a Choice

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 10, 2019

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Anfisa looking fit AF on her Instagram. She’s gearing up for her first fitness competition. :discourse:

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Tangentially related. He stepped up his weed game a bunch in order to fund the lifestyle he tricked his mail-order trophy wife into thinking he could provide her. From what little I’ve seen, she probably didn’t explicitly tell him he had to run drugs, but almost certainly made it clear she would leave him if he could not provide that lifestyle and he figured drugs was the only was he would be able to do that.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Would also highly recommend Pillow Talk for making David half-way likeable, Darcy insightful, and everyone ragging on dipshit Coltee.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol at the Mormon dude who hates needles saying that malaria isn't deadly, right?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

WhyteRyce posted:

Lol at the Mormon dude who hates needles saying that malaria isn't deadly, right?

That scene was great. It's hilarious he is afraid of needles but not rolling around on dirty rear end clinic floors??

Also I really like that Laura woman and her Quatari bf. She seems to have her poo poo sorted out, unlike Jenny and Sumit. Also the story of how she catfished her husband into shaving his head was fantastic.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

I can only take 2 bags??? I have 5!!!! I’m not going anymore!! :qq:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
so when jenny is in the airport waiting for sumit, she has a producer with her

there is also a producer outside of sumit's house, who knows that sumit will be late

i can't imagine they'd send jenny's producer over without a phone that is able to contact the other team

so either 1) the producer told jenny that sumit will be late, and told her to pretend to be worried or 2) the producers knew he was delayed because he was stuck at his parents' house but decided not to tell her lol

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

baw posted:

there is also a producer outside of sumit's house, who knows that sumit will be late

i can't imagine they'd send jenny's producer over without a phone that is able to contact the other team

so either 1) the producer told jenny that sumit will be late, and told her to pretend to be worried or 2) the producers knew he was delayed because he was stuck at his parents' house but decided not to tell her lol

I’m going to guess it’s like the wildlife photographers who don’t interfere. They want to capture everything raw as it happens.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

baw posted:

The fact that the whole “will they show up at the airport or am I here in _______ alone!?” drama has been played out several times (Rachel and Jon, Angela and Michael come to mind, possibly Darcy and Jesse?) makes me like 55% sure that it’s all dramatized. Rachel was the worst one too, because she had the baby. Ugh.

Paul is just ... what the gently caress. His plan was to wait 30 days to repack his bags? And Karine is how pregnant? This stupid show. God, I love it so much and it is just the worst.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

appleskates posted:

The fact that the whole “will they show up at the airport or am I here in _______ alone!?” drama has been played out several times (Rachel and Jon, Angela and Michael come to mind, possibly Darcy and Jesse?) makes me like 55% sure that it’s all dramatized. Rachel was the worst one too, because she had the baby. Ugh.

Paul is just ... what the gently caress. His plan was to wait 30 days to repack his bags? And Karine is how pregnant? This stupid show. God, I love it so much and it is just the worst.

I thought the Rachel thing was legit in the sense that she had to go to the train station herself unplanned and Jon was barfing his guts out before picking her up.

And in the case of Sumit, he was an hour away from the airport when she was landing in 30 minutes

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

TLC just debuted a new show "sMothered" on Sunday and I highly recommend it for anyone seeking a brand of crazy that's a bit different from 90 Day Fiance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRDF-jxjS0

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Plus Paul sort of insinuated he would lose the money for the ticket. I have to imagine taking two bags and getting to Brazil and spending the money to have mom ship the other three is cheaper than a second ticket to Brazil with five huge footlockers, though I have no idea what international shipping for THAT much crap costs.

It seemed like his meltdown was much more of a mental thing where he was unable to deal with a change to his plans more than the specifics of the situation though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Plus Paul sort of insinuated he would lose the money for the ticket. I have to imagine taking two bags and getting to Brazil and spending the money to have mom ship the other three is cheaper than a second ticket to Brazil with five huge footlockers, though I have no idea what international shipping for THAT much crap costs.

It seemed like his meltdown was much more of a mental thing where he was unable to deal with a change to his plans more than the specifics of the situation though.

I was expecting him to run into the jungles of Kentucky and have his mom get robbed at machete point

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Are there super cuts of this show on YouTube or something? I can’t stand to watch a season of a show that could probably fit into a single thirty minute episode if they trimmed all the replays, previews, etc.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

1redflag posted:

Are there super cuts of this show on YouTube or something? I can’t stand to watch a season of a show that could probably fit into a single thirty minute episode if they trimmed all the replays, previews, etc.

Pillow Talk is a condensed version with poo poo talk by past couples

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

WhyteRyce posted:

I was expecting him to run into the jungles of Kentucky and have his mom get robbed at machete point

lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I rewatched some of the earlier episodes with Paul a few days ago. Him carrying around condoms so nothing can crawl up his urethra and walking around in full mosquito suit netting is so gold. The later scenes of him dealing with Karine wearing a drat bulletproof vest are truly lol

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Andrei is just determined to step on every goddamned landmine

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pedro is just so broken and miserable all the time.
Why have they not gotten divorced yet

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Pedro is just so broken and miserable all the time.
Why have they not gotten divorced yet

TLC is funding his gamer rig and giving family Chantel their own show

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

TLC is funding his gamer rig

But even that high-refresh 4k monitor and livestream cannot bring him joy anymore

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL at Andrei referring to the baby shower as "my baby shower."

e: LOL Colt at the bail bondsman is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mods change my name to construction based stuff