Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Policenaut posted:

I thought so too but on Devolver's website they're promoting it coming "this summer" in a post dating from June 5th.

Fair enough, it sounds like they have it on the E3 floor too. That's good news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure if it was this thread or a different one but someone mentioned a rumor that FROM is really, really mad about the "mech america great again" joke last year.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

haveblue posted:

I'm not sure if it was this thread or a different one but someone mentioned a rumor that FROM is really, really mad about the "mech america great again" joke last year.

I'd sooner believe that nobody at FromSoftware even knows what that means.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

The only Xbox exclusive of this generation that cannot be found anywhere else is Rare Replay and even that is debateable. Everything else, even Sunset Overdrive, is on PC or other platforms.

EDIT: And Crimson Dragoon.

Fighter within

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

enojy posted:

I'd sooner believe that nobody at FromSoftware even knows what that means.

I have a hard time believing they would care regardless considering the content of MWC.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

haveblue posted:

what i miss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

haveblue posted:

Good

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

MZ posted:

Yes but I think Sony will follow very much the same path, I don't think either of these consoles are going to be around the $399 mark like the PS4 was at launch, I'm expecting $499 at a minimum unless they are going to take a loss on the hardware (which they might do even at that price).

It looks like they are gearing towards more cutting-edge tech, much more than what we got with this current-gen's launch (although it still amazes me that the launch PS4 can do HDR output - that was some foresight!).

Don't they always sell consoles at a loss? The Ps3 and Ps4 were, I think.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Judge Tesla posted:

You can hear my launch PS4 from space when I play Red Dead Redemption 2 so I might wait for the PS5 to get the last lot of upcoming PS4 games.

That's how I'm feeling but at the same time if they prioritize small size over decent airflow with the PS5 and we have another stupidly noisy console it's gonna really suck.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

I have a hard time believing they would care regardless considering the content of MWC.

Apparently a big reason it didn’t come over to the US initially was because they were worried about it offending Americans, so I guess it would make sense that they’d want to avoid reference to “real” politics instead of just generic America stuff.

I personally couldn’t find anything to directly support that that’s the reason, but I did notice the slogan seems to be gone from everything and hasn’t been referenced at all since last year, so maybe there’s some truth to it. Could also be because of the reaction they got from American fans, since a lot of people weren’t happy about it here either, but I couldn’t find any specifics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Don't they always sell consoles at a loss? The Ps3 and Ps4 were, I think.

Not anymore really. Ps4 was sold for profit either at launch or very soon after cause the sell for loss scheme bit them too hard with ps3.
Cant remember details but it was made to make money faster than old consoles. Who knows anymore tho going forward its a weird market

Edit: looked it up. Launched at a loss but quick to profit

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 10, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Mech America Great Again is great slogan regardless which side you are on.

People have no sense of humour

acksplode
May 17, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

I think it's lovely but I'll defer to you, humor genious

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MZ posted:

There is no way these games won't be getting a cross-gen release on PS5 (or I guess, backward-compat. with better graphics, who knows?).

I'd imagine PS5 and Xbox (Two?) will both launch very closely to each other in Q4 next year. I think performance differences will be marginal as they seem to be going for pretty much the same components but we'll have to wait and see.

The most important factor will be the price, if one is $100 cheaper than other (as PS4 was compared to XOne at launch) this could have a big effect.

It's also interesting how early this announcement has been. With this current gen the PS4 was announced early in 2013 then released within 7 months of the announcement. But this is roughly 18 months away, I get it, Microsoft have nothing to lose since Xbox sales have been very poor so anything they can do to shift focus to their next thing is welcome, but I suspect Sony didn't want to show their hand quite so early.

I honestly thought Microsoft would announce a holiday 2019 or Q1 2020 release date to ensure they get out before PS5 and gain some steam before it’s released. Releasing in the same window is dumb and if the PS5 gets out first the new Xbox will be DOA.

They could also pull a Sega and have a surprise release this year. That worked out so well before. :suicide:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WaltherFeng posted:

No it isn't. It's a dog whistle.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jabro posted:

I honestly thought Microsoft would announce a holiday 2019 or Q1 2020 release date to ensure they get out before PS5 and gain some steam before it’s released. Releasing in the same window is dumb and if the PS5 gets out first the new Xbox will be DOA.

They could also pull a Sega and have a surprise release this year. That worked out so well before. :suicide:

Ms successfully turned the narrative in the western press back to power being the most important feature for a console and now i expect them to show up next fall with a budget box and their subscription value sales pitch hoping sony took the bait and goes 599$+ again.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

If the internet wasn't chok full of loving horrid goblins who love to do ironic racism and Ben Shapiro memes to signal their actual racism it would've been funny, as it is it's just too loaded to be funny.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

the first Witcher is legitimately one of the worst games I've ever played for more than a couple hours. Everything about it is just awful, from the combat to the graphics to the writing to the voice acting.

I legitimately think it has some of the best writing in a game, but I've only played the Polish original.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WaltherFeng posted:

Nah it's super lovely

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rinkles posted:

I legitimately think it has some of the best writing in a game, but I've only played the Polish original.

I can understand folks' hate of it if they haven't. The English translation and voice acting was EXTREMELY bad, so bad it was all re-recorded later on for the Enhanced Edition. And it was still janky in some ways but fine, but if you played the game in English in that first year WOOF.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Waltzing Along posted:

No it isn't. It's a dog whistle.

No I think it's just a regular whistle, maybe like one of those ones that does the "woo-woo-WOOOOO!" thing when you blow harder.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
minutes away from shenmue 3 gameplay people, pc gaming showing is going on, please get excited.

also bloodlines 2 and baldurs gate 3 and evil genius 2, if your into that kinda thing/coming to ps4 probably.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Count me in the very excited camp for Elden Ring. Can't believe that less than a year ago I couldn't get into BB and now I've beaten it, DS3, and Sekiro. Best developer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I am really curious what they've come up with. Shadow of the Colossus influences? Breath of the Wild? I don't expect a W3 from Miyazaki.

Can we expect gameplay any time soon?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

My guess is we'll see elden ring gameplay around the Tokyo game show.

Also from software is one of the last few game developers that just feel genuine. Like they really don't feel like a business turning out scheduled releases of hype shooter 3 (now with even more loot boxes) to make money. They really care for the worlds they develop and want players to enjoy them.

Cdprojecktred is the same.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1138131760607219712

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WaltherFeng posted:

it’s really dumb actually and is beneath Metal Wolf Chaos

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Perfect. That's one of the last few from software games I haven't played yet.

Why yes I have played echo night, eternal ring, pretty much all the armored cores and I have spriggan lunar verse coming in the mail. Soon I'll have played all their games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

Count me in the very excited camp for Elden Ring. Can't believe that less than a year ago I couldn't get into BB and now I've beaten it, DS3, and Sekiro. Best developer.

:yeshaha:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cool

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bloodlines 2 gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJh-m1qWcm0

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

jabro posted:

I mean the XBone was essentially DOA but it's still here, doing stuff. Microsoft doesn't care if that division turns a profit so will just keep at it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
looks amazing and english dub is consistent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFA797BKHSM

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 10, 2019

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I am really curious what they've come up with. Shadow of the Colossus influences? Breath of the Wild? I don't expect a W3 from Miyazaki.

:pray: I've been hoping and waiting for a wave of post-BotW games that are inspired by its open world. If Miyazaki took that approach with lore cowritten by GRRM, that could be something really special.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imagine the havok physics

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kilometers Davis posted:

I have no clue how many umbilical cords I have, I’ll have to check. I know that’s a thing with the endings like you mentioned. My plan is probably to go for the “best” one and then check the others via YouTube.

I’m super pumped to try out the dlc soon. On sale now too! I can’t wait to experience the design and atmosphere etc Bloodborne distilled goodness in that. Everything I know about it sounds damp. Damp horror is good horror

You might have eaten them, they’re consumables that give you three insight. But yeah, the other two endings are available if you don’t eat them and then choose the right answer to the question, which will be obvious. Glad you’re getting the dlc, it is indeed damp. Theres a river of blood!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I tried to get into TW3 several times but I found Geralt to be a really dull protagonist, and only found the parts that didn't have anything to do with him to be the most interesting moments in the story. Henry Cavil and him are a match made in heaven.

It's just too drat rustic for me, they say after Platinuming A Plague Tale

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

acksplode posted:

:pray: I've been hoping and waiting for a wave of post-BotW games that are inspired by its open world.

yeah i was expecting it to have bigger ripples. maybe a question of time. (though of course, it's not as simple as copying its ideas. there's a whole lot of design work involved that you can't just paste into your own project, unlike the openworld checklist template that fits any shape and size with minimum effort.)

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

WaltherFeng posted:

Reminds me how me and my friend manipulated the matchmaking just so we could play together.

Whoa now, hold up. How did you do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Baggot posted:

Whoa now, hold up. How did you do this?

Patience and luck. We just sorta idled in the area where you first meet someone. I think after a few tries we met each other (if we found the wrong person I think we just ignored them)

Its ages ago so I cant remember the specifics.